ThrottleKing is offline Junior Member

Question about diet and healing after surgery

I posted a message previously about rehab and TRT after shoulder surgery.

My question is now would there be any impact to my recuperation by me restricting calories post operation?

My problem is I gained 25 lbs since my injury. And now after rotator cuff surgery I'll be laid up at least a couple more months and I don't want to gain more weight. Matter of a fact I want to lose the 25 plus another 20 before I start training again.

My plan was to try Medifast for two months to see if I can shed the pounds and by that time I could probably start a little light cardio.

My only fear is the restricted calories might hamper my recovery. On the Medifast plan I'll get all the vitamins and nutrients and I'll eat every 2-3 hours so I won't be starving.

I also plan on using 300mg test, 3ea IU's HGH and 300mg deca while I recover. (Up from 200mg test, no HGH and no deca)

Any thoughts on whether this is a good plan? I'm going to ask my Dr about the plan, but not the extra test, HGH and deca.

Spyke is offline Associate Member
    Cant you use a treadmill or bike till you can lift again??

I am running a cycle of 400mg of cyp and I can tell you that alone does help the body heal faster. The hgh and deca should help you heal even faster. Start the hgh now because it takes a while to kick in. Eat at maintenance, and do a little cardio along with the extra gear. I doubt you will gain any fat and you may even loose some of that 25lbs while you recover from surgery.

Spyke is offline Associate Member
    Dude I just looked at your post again. You want to loose 45lbs before you start training again? Hope you know, if you loose that much weight without lifting, alot of it is gonna be lean muscle (30-40%). I would maintain the weight during recovery.

Thread Information