bigdogc is offline Associate Member

Done HRT? I need your help!

Hey guys, I am a medical student and want to get into hormone replacement therapy. The teachers are very closed minded towards this pathway so I am really having trouble finding much out.
    To those that have gone to an HRT clinic-

How is the therapy prescribed? Are they dependent on blood tests, symptoms, or what?

Who pays for the therapy? Do you pay out of your pocket, or does insurance handle this? If you pay out of pocket, how much are they charging for the therapy?

Who dispenses it? Is this therapy dispenses from a pharmacists or what?

Lastly, how popular do you think these clinics will be in the future? I would like to help people with andropause , but I am not sure how many people are actually going to want to take bio-identical hormones.

If anyone has any good links to government regulations, or business side of HRT clinics, please share.

Also- if anyone has any questions about health-related issues, pertaining to general health, steroids , prescription medication, or drugs interacting with steroids, PLEASE PM me!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I went to GP and told him what I was feeling and he ordered a blood tests. My test levels came back in the 170's. I started with androderm in December of 2006. Still on Androderm and I have regular bloodwork taken every other month. Depending how much androderm I use I can get my levels from around 350's to 1100's. I have health insurance through Kaiser, my copay on my andro is $30.00, retail $400+. It's considered a scheduled drug so the RX is in triplicate. Hope this helps.
    Can you explain to me in easy to understandable terms what is meant by bio-identical hormones
    Peace,
    CR

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    bio identical basically means the real deal, not a prodrug. IE- not a form of test that must undergo catalytic cleavage of functional groups via enzymes before turning into test.

thanks for the info. keep it coming!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Thank you,
    CR

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc View Post
    bio identical basically means the real deal, not a prodrug. IE- not a form of test that must undergo catalytic cleavage of functional groups via enzymes before turning into test.

thanks for the info. keep it coming!

1pete is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc View Post
    Hey guys, I am a medical student and want to get into hormone replacement therapy. The teachers are very closed minded towards this pathway so I am really having trouble finding much out.
    To those that have gone to an HRT clinic-

How is the therapy prescribed? Are they dependent on blood tests, symptoms, or what?

Who pays for the therapy? Do you pay out of your pocket, or does insurance handle this? If you pay out of pocket, how much are they charging for the therapy?

Who dispenses it? Is this therapy dispenses from a pharmacists or what?

Lastly, how popular do you think these clinics will be in the future? I would like to help people with andropause , but I am not sure how many people are actually going to want to take bio-identical hormones.

If anyone has any good links to government regulations, or business side of HRT clinics, please share.

Also- if anyone has any questions about health-related issues, pertaining to general health, steroids, prescription medication, or drugs interacting with steroids, PLEASE PM me!
    I believe this is the wave of the future. There needs to be more docs willing to dive into this field. I've been to several docs over the past 24 months and they really don't have a clue. In the usa the gps, ims aren't there yet. If they really dove into it, they could. If all these old farts in congress and so forth tried the therapy and they realized that they could feel like they did in their 20s and 30s it would be sold in bubble gum machines. Obiviously this is hypothecial but if one of these old farts in congress dove into this then who knows where this could go.

Thread Information