Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"

Starting TRT With Test-Cyp Today!

Stats: 40yrs old, 6'3", 217lbs., 15% to 20% body fat, Training 18 years.

I picked up my prescription pharm. grade Test-Cyp this morning and wouldn't you know it the pharmacy didn't have any syringes. I luckily pre-ordered some on-line just in case, 23 guage @ 1 inch.
    My doctor wrote the presciption for 200mg every two weeks, but I've been talking with "Taiboxa" and I've decided to do 150mg for my first injection and then 100mgs per week. I hope that will keep my blood levels more even and sides to a minimum. I also requested but haven't received yet, is Arimidex at .5mg twice a week.
    More to come when I get home tonight.
    Peace,
    CR

My bad on the needle size: I have 25guage @ 1" long, perfect for quads.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 04-21-2008 at 11:27 AM.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    That was good advise. Shot every two weeks would be a horrible ride.

I had base line bloodwork taken, having just run Androderm for the previous 14 months.
    Here is data from a chart my doctors uses to measure testosterone :
    Total Testosterone
    Age Male
    20 years and older 280 to 1080 ng/dL

My total test was 97 you just can't help yourself not to laugh. LMAOROF

Here are some test that i have received so far:

COMPONENT Your Value Standard Range
    CHOLESTEROL 160 <239- mg/dL
    TRIGLYCERIDE 139 <199- mg/dL
    HDL 37 >40- mg/dL
    LDL CALCULATED 95 <129- mg/dL
    GLUCOSE,FASTING 93 60-99 mg/dL
    TSH 0.6 0.2-5.5 uIU/mL
    VITAMIN D, 25-HYDROXY 23 30-100 ng/mL
    BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.7 0.2-1.2 mg/dL
    ALT 15 <36- U/L
    ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 56 37-117 U/L
    WBC COUNT 7.0 3.5-12.5 K/uL
    RED BLOOD CELLS COUNT 5.02 4.10-5.70 M/uL
    HGB 15.5 13.0-17.0 g/dL
    HEMATOCRIT 45.6 39.0-51.0 %
    MCV 91 80-100 fL
    RDW, RBC 12.9 11.9-14.3 %
    PLATELETS COUNT 201 140-400 K/uL
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 06-24-2008 at 09:25 PM.

I had my first injection last night, in the quads. I shot a little less than 1 ml@200mg/ml. Leg is little sore today, but nothing to complain about. I'm still waiting on a call from from doctor to go over the previous blood work.

3/14/08
    I received an e-mail from my doctor stating to stay where I am and then we'll see how it goes after a month. Oh well.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 03-15-2008 at 12:18 PM.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I had base line bloodwork taken, having just run Androderm for the previous 14 months.
    Total Testosterone
    Age Male

My total test was 97 you just can't help yourself not to laugh. LMAOROFL

Normal free testosterone level is 0.3 to 2 pg/mL.

I didn't take this test yet, but I have an appt. for blood work on the 16th.

HDL 37 >40- mg/dL
    TSH 0.6 0.2-5.5 uIU/mL
    ALT 15 <36- U/L
    HGB 15.5 13.0-17.0 g/dL
    MCV 91 80-100 fL
    Im right there with you sister and I say that because my natural test level at last testing was 93. but when on cycle I have had level in the 30, 000 range.

TheSmay is offline New Member
    I had my first injection last night, in the quads. I shot a little less than 1 ml@200mg/ml. Leg is little sore today, but nothing to complain about. I'm still waiting on a call from from doctor to go over the previous blood work.

3/14/08
    I received an e-mail from my doctor stating to stay where I am and then we'll see how it goes after a month. Oh well.

1 1/2" needles are for the glutes, no wonder your leg is sore!

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    think you would be happy with 1"....draw with 18 and shoot with 22....my wife does the pokin.....she figures it is the poking she does for the pokin she'll get....she got over being squemish about it when the libido went up.....and when she is gone, the quad is where i poke it and it seems to be sore for 2-3 days....you are fixing to rejoin the land of the living .....welcome back!

It's all virgin muscle, whether the pin is 1" or 1.5" is negligable. The first time you put a foreign body into your muscle, its probably going to iritate it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmay View Post
    1 1/2" needles are for the glutes, no wonder your leg is sore!

Lunasea777 is offline New Member
    Hey otto. I'm on my second week of test cyp as part of HRT. Im doing 100 mg every four days and Arimidex .5mg every other day. Im training 3 days a week. Haven't really noticed anything yet but hoping it will kick in soon. Good luck to you and keep posting your results.

Take care....
    L

Second injection last night and it was smoother than the first time.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    How did you feel in the last week?

TASSY5 is offline Associate Member
    Our statistics are very close.
    I have been using Test C for 3 weeks now. Havent really noticed a major increase myself. I am working out regularly 3 to 4 times a week and pushing it hard. I am injecting 1ML (200 mg ) every Sunday.
    I am curious to how long must you be taking it to start seeing a substancial change in size/appearence not looking for overnight change but curious to the time frame.
    Also, should I be taking any supplements to assist in definition and muscle size.

I am a Novice, so no Flaming please.

I just came home from picking up my pins from the pharmacy. I got 23g @ 1". It cost me a whole $2.10 for 50 syringes. Insuance Rocks!!!

Nice, 200mg per week. How long have you been training? What is your workout split? Do you do cardio? What's your diet like? You should have already noticed some effects from the injections, but by the end of the fifth week it should really be kicking in. When you workout do you get an unbelievable pump? The only supplements I take are Fish oil and Zinc. Are you running an Aromatase Inhibitor?
    Peace,
    CR

Quote Originally Posted by TASSY5 View Post
    Our statistics are very close.
    I have been using Test C for 3 weeks now. Havent really noticed a major increase myself. I am working out regularly 3 to 4 times a week and pushing it hard. I am injecting 1ML (200 mg ) every Sunday.
    I am curious to how long must you be taking it to start seeing a substancial change in size/appearence not looking for overnight change but curious to the time frame.
    Also, should I be taking any supplements to assist in definition and muscle size.

I am a Novice, so no Flaming please.

Nice, 200mg per week. How long have you been training? What is your workout split? Do you do cardio? What's your diet like? You should have already noticed some effects from the injections, but by the end of the fifth week it should really be kicking in. When you workout do you get an unbelievable pump? The only supplements I take are Fish oil and Zinc. Are you running an Aromatase Inhibitor?
    Peace,
    CR

Training since January. Havent been on the Cardio like I should but this week I am going to start it serious. I do notice serious pumps by ther end of the work out. I am not running anything besides the Injections. Do you reccomend that I do????. The Doctor didn't prescribe me to do anything else.
    I don't want Gyno <<<<< Any recomendations are appreciated.

Amswers in Bold
    Training since January. Ok, so you have a little experience in the gym. When you work out what is your typical workout?

Havent been on the Cardio like I should but this week I am going to start it serious. You should do this! I like to finish my workout with some cardio, between 30 to 45 minutes of it. You'll have to find the type you like best.

I do notice serious pumps by ther end of the work out. There you go.

I am not running anything besides the Injections. Do you have any puffiness in the nipples, or are they sore when you push on them?

Do you reccomend that I do????. I don't. I just know what my body needs.

The Doctor didn't prescribe me to do anything else.
    I don't want Gyno <<<<< Any recomendations are appreciated.

ottomaddox Amswers in Bold

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TASSY5
    Training since January. Ok, so you have a little experience in the gym. When you work out what is your typical workout?Havent been on the Cardio like I should but this week I am going to start it serious. You should do this! I like to finish my workout with some cardio, between 30 to 45 minutes of it. You'll have to find the type you like best.

I do notice serious pumps by ther end of the work out. There you go.

I am not running anything besides the Injections. Do you have any puffiness in the nipples, or are they sore when you push on them?

Do you reccomend that I do????. I don't. I just know what my body needs.

Thanks for the responce. I probably should have been more clear. I have been working out for the last 1 1/2 years and I do have work out experience since i have worked out over the years off and on. I was in a Motorcycle accident in November and was off for about 21/ month before pushing myself back in the gym.
    My stats are as follows
    40 years old
    White Male
    5' 10"
    Solid build not flabby all over. Just reying to buff up and loose the gut and Handles. ( as most guys get when away from the gym and not watching our diet.

As for the Cardio. yes I totally agree with you in finding what works best. I am just going to have to push myself more along with Diet.

As for any puffyness or swolen nipples, no signs but just being cautious.

Thanks for your assistance.

I'm starting to get frustrated with the care I'm receiveing from my General Pract., so I put in a call for referal to and Endo. I still dont think that the few injections that I've done are really helping that much. When I train, my workouts are great, I'm just starting to see a strength gain and I get a tremendous pump that sometimes interferes with my workout. The other day I was doing leg presses, and I bury the sled. My back pump made it uncomfortable to finish my workout.
    I've also been having a lot of hot flashes and my appetite is pretty much non existent. I litterly have to force feed myself. I know that my body is out of whack and I can't do anything to fix it.

I take a 200 cc shot every Sunday. My prescription says refilable 5 times Does that mean stay on it for that long or
    is there a certain amount of time i should take the Test C

You take it for the rest of your life.

I take a 200 cc shot every Sunday. My prescription says refilable 5 times Does that mean stay on it for that long or
    is there a certain amount of time i should take the Test C

Todays injection of 1/2cc went smoothly, no problems. Injections are easy as pie now. and I hardly get any soreness anymore either.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    awsome

I'm having a little gyno issue in my right nipple. My doctor is being lame about prescribing Arimidex , but I'm just going to get some for my rat.

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    Todays injection of 1/2cc went smoothly, no problems. Injections are easy as pie now. and I hardly get any soreness anymore either.

Just wait til you hit a nerve!!

Can't wait. It's eventually going to happen. In the next 10 years, I'll have to do over 500 injections, if I live that long.

Quote Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
    Just wait til you hit a nerve!!

4/12/08
    I had bloodwork yesterday after 1 month on Test-Cyp. I can't wait to find out where I'm at, so i can throw it in my lame ass doctors face. I've been hot flashing like a pre-menapausal woman.

Component My# Standard Range
    ESTRADIOL 56 <56-pg/mL
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 04-12-2008 at 07:47 PM.

ottoman
    you'll flash until you stop dropping too low....don;t know what that level is but when i was doing once per week injections it would happen the last two nights before the next injection....then i bumped it .50 and went to twice per week....it's kind of amazing when you think about your body just instantly burning up....glad you are on the right path

Whiteowl
    How about your sleep? Did you have troubles staying asleep?, when your levels dropped too low in between shots @ 1 week intervals? Are you using cyp or enth? What's your dose and where does that keep your levels?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteowl View Post
    ottoman
    you'll flash until you stop dropping too low....don;t know what that level is but when i was doing once per week injections it would happen the last two nights before the next injection....then i bumped it .50 and went to twice per week....it's kind of amazing when you think about your body just instantly burning up....glad you are on the right path

test enth....125 per week split into two shots....when we started at 100 every other week, the flash was unreal and a definite yes to the trouble sleeping....it was the "tell" for me....i would wake up drenched with sweat and could not go back to sleep for hours...and that was when i could get to sleep..and now that i do the twice per week injections i sleep like a baby....my last test was 950...which the endo said was "a little high" and cut me from 150 to 125.....which was my fault for doing 200 per week....was supplementing with outside test....

I just got the blood work back on Total Testosterone was 1024ng/dL. I'm very surprised as I'm still not feeling 100%. I'm going to bed at around 11pm and waking up between 4 and 5am. I did my injection yesterday of 1cc@200mg/ml.

keith1958 is offline Junior Member
    I just got the blood work back on Total Testosterone was 1024ng/dL. I'm very surprised as I'm still not feeling 100%. I'm going to bed at around 11pm and waking up between 4 and 5am. I did my injection yesterday of 1cc@200mg/ml.
    Is everything else in check also. like Estrogen?

My last results:
    Component My# Standard Range
    ESTRADIOL 56 <56-pg/mL: a little high????

I just put in a request for some Arimidex and will have that in a few days. My dosing will be .5mg twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1958 View Post
    Is everything else in check also. like Estrogen?

don't know if it is just in my head but it seems if i use the armidex in the evening i have a hard time sleeping....and the rest of the time i sleep like a baby....think you are going to feel really good really soon....PM me if you have any questions pop up....i travel a bit now so it may be a day or two before i get to catch up on this site...best of luck to you....

I'm doing a little experiment this week and doing 1, 200mg injection and then waiting two weeks between shots and documenting my roller-coaster ride through increasing and decreasing testosterone levels .

I'm about one week into this experiment and I've noticed some change in sleep pattern, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night once or twice.

Before Starting this experiment my total testosterone was 1024ng/dl and that test was taken the friday,4/11/08, before I started my bi-monthly injection plan. My first injection was on 4/13/08, second will be on 4/27/08 and a third on 5/11/08, with blood work on 5/16/08.

My goal is to see where my testosterone levels are after a few injections of 200mg/ml.per injection over the course of a month and a half.

I also use trazadone for sleep.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 04-24-2008 at 06:46 AM.

bombguy is offline Associate Member

I'm about one week into this experiment and I've noticed some change in sleep pattern, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night once or twice.

Get used to this! My sleep is affected the same way. I usually wake up at least 1 time a nite, up to about 3 times a nite. My fear is that I have a bit of Test. induced sleep apnea. I'm not that worried about it though. Let me know if this continues or improves!

keith1958 is offline Junior Member
    I had the same problem with sleep. This is normal. I started taking melanonin 2mg 1/2 hour before bd and problem solved. It is cheap and works for the wife also. Having great dreams to boot.

66cobra is offline New Member
    Trazadone is strong stuff. How many milligrams are you taking? When I was taking it I felt like shit after I woke up for almost the entire day. Trazadone might be your problem why you don't feel great.

BrianEE93 is offline New Member
    Total Testosterone
    Age Male

My total test was 97 you just can't help yourself not to laugh. LMAOROFL

Normal free testosterone level is 0.3 to 2 pg/mL.

I didn't take this test yet, but I have an appt. for blood work on the 16th.

HDL 37 >40- mg/dL
    TSH 0.6 0.2-5.5 uIU/mL
    ALT 15 <36- U/L
    HGB 15.5 13.0-17.0 g/dL
    MCV 91 80-100 fL
    I Googled and found this thread. I thought I would jump in. I didn't see your LH or FSH levels in your test. You really should find out why your natural test is so low. If your LH and FSH levels are low, they should check your Pituitary for tumors. I had a clueless doctor and just started me on Androgel after testing my TT at 173. I got a referral for an Endo and he took me off the Androgel for 7 weeks plus. After that, my LH and FSH were very high and for some reason the twins weren't working. At least I found out I am primary and my Pituitary and Hypothalamus were working fine.

I then went through the swinging sweats with 200mg every two week of Tcyp. He then had me do 200mg per week and I was still crashing a little on day 6 and 7. My Estradiol went from 19 to 44. Ideally E2 should be 30 or below. My TT went to 743 3-1/2 days after 200mg. I am now doing 100mg twice a week and so far feel a little better and haven't got the sweats.

Another options for natural Estrogen regulation is Bioresponse Patented DIM. It keeps your ratio of bad and good Estrogen at a better level. I have been buying it from Swanson and taking 100mg every night.

Adding in some Wild Oat extract and Nettle Root helps to free up testosterone too. This I buy from Puritan's Pride mixed in one capsule.

I am not a doctor but just a guy suffering too. A lot of reading and correspondence with Dr. John Crisler and his patients has made me dangerous.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianEE93 View Post
    I Googled and found this thread. I thought I would jump in. I didn't see your LH or FSH levels in your test. You really should find out why your natural test is so low. If your LH and FSH levels are low, they should check your Pituitary for tumors. I had a clueless doctor and just started me on Androgel after testing my TT at 173. I got a referral for an Endo and he took me off the Androgel for 7 weeks plus. After that, my LH and FSH were very high and for some reason the twins weren't working. At least I found out I am primary and my Pituitary and Hypothalamus were working fine.

I then went through the swinging sweats with 200mg every two week of Tcyp. He then had me do 200mg per week and I was still crashing a little on day 6 and 7. My Estradiol went from 19 to 44. Ideally E2 should be 30 or below. My TT went to 743 3-1/2 days after 200mg. I am now doing 100mg twice a week and so far feel a little better and haven't got the sweats.

Another options for natural Estrogen regulation is Bioresponse Patented DIM. It keeps your ratio of bad and good Estrogen at a better level. I have been buying it from Swanson and taking 100mg every night.

Adding in some Wild Oat extract and Nettle Root helps to free up testosterone too. This I buy from Puritan's Pride mixed in one capsule.

I am not a doctor but just a guy suffering too. A lot of reading and correspondence with Dr. John Crisler and his patients has made me dangerous.
    Good info dude, you need to join this board !!! we need guys here who know what they are talking about

dillinger is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info. New stuff for me to research.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianEE93 View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information