elicotton is offline Associate Member

Need HRT - having second thoughts $$$

I recently visited my family doctor due to fatigue and decreased libido, among other things. My testosterone was low at 173, and he agreed that this was probably a huge part of my decreased libido and fatigue.

My doctor is very conservative and wants me to take a test every quarter for the next year to insure my levels are in fact low. I've been experiencing these symptoms for over two years and it's just getting worse, so I'm not in the mood to wait another year to fix this. I've talked to a couple of online clinics and I've almost decided to go that route, but the thing thats holding me up is money.

The blood work and Dr. visit is going to run $400, then the meds will run $300-$500 per quarter. I have good insurance, but it will not pay if I go through one of these clinics. If I go through my local Dr, he will be shooting to get my test around 300-350 (but insurance will pay), but the clinic will shoot for twice to 3 times that.

I'm not destitute, make decent money, but also have 4 kids and a wife. In yalls experience, is this worth that kind of money?

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd change the doc. with those test results it shouldn t be hard to find an urologist or endocrinologist who will give u trt...

and I dont know how u feel but for me hrt change my life and I m only 31....so even though I pay a few hundred € every month for it its worth it (for me).

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah it is expensive, but it is DEFINATELY worth it. It will change your life. At 173almost any anti-aging clinic/endocronologist will be willing to give you a prescription.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I would try to find another doctor that is on your insurance panel. I can't describe the feeling of walking into my pharmacy and leaving with a 10cc bottle, of Test-Cyp, for a dollar a cc. The other day I picked up 50 syringes and needle combo pack for under three dollars. Insurance, go gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I would try to find another doctor that is on your insurance panel. I can't describe the feeling of walking into my pharmacy and leaving with a 10cc bottle, of Test-Cyp, for a dollar a cc. The other day I picked up 50 syringes and needle combo pack for under three dollars. Insurance, go gotta love it.
    I hate you.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I hate myself sometimes too.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    After many years of never having any freakin money because my wife would blow it all, I've learned how to siphon off chunks of cash and keep it hidden away. $400 bucks for the blood test didn't sound that bad until I went to my stash of cash and counted out 4 $100 bills. If I had just put this on the credit card I would have never blinked, but looking at all that cash has me rethinking the whole deal. I can do a lot of crap with $400.

I think I will do some research and see if I can't find a good doc on my insurance.

Yeah thats a total joke, all my bloodwork was free and my insurance doesnt cover any of it. Shop around, even if you cant find someone that your insurance covers, you can definately find someone who isn't trying to rip you off....And I dont really hate you ottomaddox, lol. I am quite jealous tho.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    but the difference is you will want to do a lot of crap after test.....i was 143 and it did not matter how much money me and the missus have cause i NEVER wanted to do anything.....my insurance expires next month and i have already bought a year supply at 1/2 price from a UGL....cause life is for the living M8

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    so you spoke to another doc that wants your range just above 300...sounds weird but convince him that you can inject yourself and you will be able to deliver that range for him if necessary when the time comes
    another option...another doc entirely that will shoot for a mid range...i would use that insurance that you have, thats what its there 4...im glad there are clinics out there and not trying to down them because they are a nice option but like you said your insurance aint gonna cover it
    good luck...either way...your gold bro

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    Wow. I can't believe all the guys over the past couple months that are jumping on the TRT bandwagon. I haven't posted in a while, but this is crazy!

I would definitely find another doc. if possible. TRT is a touchy subject and you just have to find a progressive doc.

Ottomaddox....I love the feeling of getting test c from my pharmacy...I know exactly how you feel!! Although I pay $8 for 20 pins and syringes

Thread Information