newrobb is offline Junior Member

What Should I Tell My Doctor Re: Testosterone

I found a Dr. (Endrocronologist) that believes in, and treats, male "andropose" with testosterone treatment. Based on my blood work, they've determined that my test levels are on the low-end of normal. I want to use Test primarily for bodybuilding but in order to have it medically administered and covered, as u guys know, it has to be diagnosed for H.R.T. Here's the question: What do i tell him so that he perscribes me a min. dose of 200mg of Test per week. This is what I want to do so that i can get a benefit for my bodybuilding. I know, most of u guys on here think that this is akin to baby aspirin, but i've tried this before and it is all i'm willing to take for a variety of reasons (health, addiction, etc.). It has worked for me. Should i tell him that i want it for bodybuilding or should i just take what he orders for my particular condition as he see it and then add to it behind his back or should i just be honest and then risk that he doesn't treat me at all? Not really sure what to do. thanks.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Tell him you're tired, fatigued, lethargic, no sex drive, etc.

Revelation78 is offline Banned
    If he prescribes a smaller dosage, you can always say that the first shot was great, but you haven't felt any since. This is a longer term solution to ultimately get what you want - he'll slowly increase the dosage based on how you feel and your blood tests. Some docs will base the dosage strictly off of the results, so it may not work.

keith1958 is offline Junior Member
    I know your going to hate this, but for us men that need HRT to be normal we have a hard time to get what we need because so many play these doctors for the wrong reasons. I was prescribed 200mg T-CYP a week but only take 100. There is a reason for this. Testosterone has it's side effects and taking more than 1 needs for life is asking for all kinds of problems. There is a difference between doing a cycle and treating low or out of whack hormones. Now that I got that off my chest I would not tell him it is for bodybuilding. I would take what he gives you and get your self back to normal (3-6 months) then add something more for a cycle.

I do not know what you mean as far as addiction, but being an recovering Addict myself you need to know that Testosterone is a drug and is addictive. So be careful. It does not have a toloerence like other drugs so you will not need more to get the same effects for HRT. But doing a cycle can hurt you big time. I have done this and know. Being an addict I got use to the great feeling you get from high amounts of T-CYP. So when I went back to doing just my normal I felt like shit for several months. I had to go off of treatment then back on to get myself back to normal. This might not happen to you but then again it might. I am not trying to be a downer just letting you know my experiences. I have been clean for a really long time also. Good luck and this was not directed at you but all you this might help.

newrobb is offline Junior Member
    again, i thank you guys and appreciate that you took the time to consider and reply to my post.

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    Word...these guys speak the truth. Absolutely do not even mention bodybuilding or lifting to your doc. My doc told me today, as a matter of fact, that if I was a competitive bodybuilder or intended on doing shows that he would have a problem prescribing me injectables. The best thing to do is get your levels back on track and follow his prescribed amount.

Thread Information