BigMC is offline Junior Member

Making Sense of BloodWork

I just got my bloodword back, and now im tryng to find the thread that defines each of these different tests. I dont even see testosterone or LS, or prolactin on here but they are probably abbreviated some different. Could one of you nice mods please point me in the right direction so I can figure out what all this means. BTW Dr said I was fine but I still have no sex drive and havnt had a hard-on in weeks.

I dont think my Dr. even ran tests for testosterone . What should I be looking for on my labsheet? I see lots of stuff but nothing referencing Free Test, LH, or Prolactin.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i've never seen a lab sheet with testosterone abrevieated....it should be spelled out in black and white T-E-S-T-0-S-T-E-R-0-N-E, total (serum) and/or free (direct)...if you dont see it, he didn't order it....sorry
    post up what you have then someone can help

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Here is a link to me blood work sticky ..

ALL you need to know about bloodwork

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Here is a link to me blood work sticky ..

ALL you need to know about bloodwork

Merc.
    Thanks for the help guys. I went in specifically for a testosterone test and my dr didnt check anything to do with it. She ran a normal blood panel and thats it. Im so pissed I cant even think right now. I guess she thought I was in there just to get steroids . Oh well, going to a clinic that with metabolics only.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    read Merc's sticky on the lab work....being educated will help you ....keep in mind that you can graduate with a C- average from med school with the title DOCTOR....

New Bloodwork Back Today

So I went to another Dr. that did infact listen to what I had to say and tested my Testosterone and Thyriod lvls. Im 32 years young. I have an appointment with a Urologist next week. I ask for an Endo but was told this Urologist specialized in hormone replacement What can I expect?

Test is 240

TSH is 1.4

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMC View Post
    So I went to another Dr. that did infact listen to what I had to say and tested my Testosterone and Thyriod lvls. Im 32 years young. I have an appointment with a Urologist next week. I ask for an Endo but was told this Urologist specialized in hormone replacement What can I expect?

Test is 240

TSH is 1.4
    Get your Estradiol tested as well

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMC View Post
    So I went to another Dr. that did infact listen to what I had to say and tested my Testosterone and Thyriod lvls. Im 32 years young. I have an appointment with a Urologist next week. I ask for an Endo but was told this Urologist specialized in hormone replacement What can I expect?Test is 240

TSH is 1.4
    expect 1 more blood test (and as kale mentioned try to have estradiol added to the bloodwork also psa if not already)(very important, right kale?)...
    if testosterone comes back low again and psa is normal, an mri of the pituitary will be ordered...when that comes back normal...ask for your favorite form of test....crowd favorite here is injections and probably cypionate ...if you take a low dose you may or may not need an AI but most on this board use arimidex to keep the test from converting to estrogen

Thread Information