Wally24 is offline Junior Member

dihydrotestosterone gel or cream

does DHT gel or cream have any benefit for hormone replacement?? Where would somebody look to find this stuff??????

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    bump

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I can't imagine any compelling benefit IMHO

- you'll be increasing blood DHT concentrations which will exacerbate hairloss (if u have MPB) and other DHT related symptoms (possible prostate issues)
    - DHT and it's steroidal derivatives are known to be relatively weak mass builders and find it's usage as an anti-catabolic and muscle hardener
    - You don't reap any benefits of testosterone , it's precursor

I just wanna know why you would consider a DHT cream/gel as opposed to testosterone?

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    Apparently, DHT cream can be used as - catch this - a form of penis enlargement.

Or so I have heard.

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    Of course you would have to rub it on the "appropriate areas".

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T_man87 View Post
    Apparently, DHT cream can be used as - catch this - a form of penis enlargement.

Or so I have heard.
    yes, for prepubescent children with congenital "micropenis"

here's info i found on another site:

Background: Percutaneous administration of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) has been successful in promoting phallic growth in infants and children with 5-reductase deficiency raised as males. We investigated whether percutaneous administration of DHT is similarly effective in patients with micropenis due to alternative diagnoses. Methods: Six patients (age range 1.9-8.3 years) with micropenis of variable etiology were studied prospectively. 2.5% DHT gel was applied to the phallus once daily at a dose of 0.15-0.33 mg/kg body weight. Serum DHT concentrations were measured at 0, 2, 4, 8, 12 and 24 h following application of DHT gel. Results: Peak DHT concentrations were attained within 2-8 h after application of the gel and subsequently remained within the normal adult range in all but 1 patient, who had received the lowest dose of 0.15 mg/kg. An increase in phallic growth, ranging from 0.5-2.0 cm, was achieved after 3-4 months of treatment in all patients whose DHT concentrations were maintained within adult range. Conclusion: Percutaneous administration of DHT in a dose of 0.2-0.3 mg/kg once daily for a period of 3-4 months may be useful in the management of patients with testosterone biosynthetic defects, who have sufficient masculinization to warrant male sex assignment, or in patients with micropenis prior to reconstructive surgery.

Copyright © 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel

Thread Information