jeepers is offline Associate Member

Question HRT... how to talk to the doctor.. need advise

Yep.. I posted on the other side about going with a set of 500mg test only cycle for 10 weeks.. THANK YOU for the advice guys.

Little history,,,,, 37 years old, 3 kids, ex collegiate base ball / track 6 ft tall about 180 lbs.. not ripped ... solid base but could use to loose 10 to look really good....

What's going on/ how I feel (past year maybe)
    PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH.

tired all the time
    Moody SOB
    lathargic at times
    still get a boner ... just softer versions
    transfering from lean weight to a softer feel.
    Metabolism slowing.....

Yea yea yea.. I'm getting older I know.. but I don't have to like it...

How are you guys going to your Primary Care doc and asking about this treatment............ Please let me know ....

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    All of those things are very helpful as ancedotal evidence - however, having low test levels will likely be the determining factor.

jeepers is offline Associate Member
    kinda weird feeling that Id goto the doc and tell him about these problems....... WHat do I tell the dude....... reason for appointment ???

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    Just tell him your symptoms, you think you have very low testosterone levels , and request a blood test. You'd be VERY lucky, and it would be very unusual for a doc to prescribe test without bloodwork to back up why.

Do you know your current test levels?? You might want to get your own bloodwork (google places that you can do that with) and find out where your levels currently are. If they are within normal ranges, then you may need to try a protocol to lower your test levels before your actual bloodwork with your doc (like taking a shot of deca the day before, etc). Or you could do your 12 week cycle and they delay the PCT to plummet those levels, but I'd never do that personally.

TheSmay is offline New Member
    Tell him everything you told us and he should send you for blood work at the very least. I would mention that you've been reading up on HRT and it's benefits because many primaries are pretty clueless. Be prepared for lots of needles and a visit to the endo for an MRI.

Good luck.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Yep.. I posted on the other side about going with a set of 500mg test only cycle for 10 weeks.. THANK YOU for the advice guys.

Little history,,,,, 37 years old, 3 kids, ex collegiate base ball / track 6 ft tall about 180 lbs.. not ripped ... solid base but could use to loose 10 to look really good....

What's going on/ how I feel (past year maybe)
    PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH.

tired all the time
    Moody SOB
    lathargic at times
    still get a boner ... just softer versions
    transfering from lean weight to a softer feel.
    Metabolism slowing.....

Yea yea yea.. I'm getting older I know.. but I don't have to like it...

How are you guys going to your Primary Care doc and asking about this treatment............ Please let me know ....

It's called andropause . You have classic low test symptoms. No brainer IMO.

If you don't get what you want from your doc/insurance, just go to a anti-aging hrt clinic and pay out of pocket. Worth every penny.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    if we laughed the joke would be on all us...
    bloodwork needed....just like guys above mentioned repeat wut u told us and the ball will get rolling...
    make sure on blood work the following tests are ordered:
    total and free testosterone
    estradiol
    psa (prostate)
    i would try to get all hormones checked in addition to all normal bloodwork testing lipids, glucose, etc.
    One visit to the lab
    good luck bro

JASA is offline Junior Member

hgh

you need endocrinologist help.

Thread Information