Thread: Striant as HRT?

zygleth is offline Junior Member

Striant as HRT?

Thought I would start a new post on this. My total test came back at 7.5 so I meet my PCP today who took more blood to check LH and others for potential pituitary problems. I do not have other issues that would point to those however.
    He discussed Striant which I have never heard of before. It is a pill which partially disolves in your mouth, not to be swallowed. Does anyone have experience with this stuff? Thanks much...

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a pain to do each day when you could just take a shot once a week.

Do not swallow or chew the tablet. Immediately after opening the packet, place the rounded side of the tablet against the gum and press firmly in place with a finger over the lip and against the product for 30 seconds. This will help keep the tablet in place inside your mouth for 12 hours.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    What a hassle, I take one shot in the quad and I'm good for a week. Virgin muscle injection pain is a thing of the past too.

I wnat the shots but the doc keeps bringing up "less invasive" methods. How do i convince him otherwise? Does anyone have bad experiences with Striant?

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    I've never heard of "striant", but after googling it I am interested in learning more about it. It seems it may be a very new way of administering test via sublingual methods. The only way I've known that has done that previously was a UGL sublingual pill from china. But that had to be taken by the hour.

Bumping for more info.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zygleth View Post
    I wnat the shots but the doc keeps bringing up "less invasive" methods. How do i convince him otherwise? Does anyone have bad experiences with Striant?
    I would think the easiest way to get your doc off of the Striant kick would be to tell him you want something more affordable. Even with insurance, I'm sure Striant is on the expensive side since it is new and the company probably has a big patent on it.

Injectable test on the other hand has been around forever. It should be super cheap. With insurance your co-pay should be very little. It's still not that bad without insurance.

My copay on my test-c is ten big ones, and that lasts me 20 weeks.
    My copay for Androderm was thirty per month, plus a one time per year deductable of $250.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    For one thing you are lucky that your doctor would consider putting you on HRT, mine would not do it.

Yes I do count my blessings.
    However my test is so low that it has affected my life so it's not undeserved, so to speak. I struggle for energy to get thru easy days and have very little drive compared to my normal self.
    I'll do some searching on Striant and post what I can find. Thanks

Just bumping to see if anyone else has experience with Striant. Thanks

Bump again- my PCP prescribed Striant today for me to see how it works. I tried to get weekly injections but he really hesitated. He did offer monthly injection but I said that it would not be good for my system, too many highs and lows. He offered bi weekly but in the end I caved in for a try at Striant. Since few have responded I will try it and post results.
    My second blood test affirmed my very low test of single digits so anything will be an improvement.

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    In regards to cost, my experience is exactly the same as otto's. Except it was Testim gel instead of Androderm. I feel for you dude...but it's not uncommon for a doc to do the same thing. One solution is to get a new doc.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by T_man87 View Post
    I've never heard of "striant", but after googling it I am interested in learning more about it. It seems it may be a very new way of administering test via sublingual methods. The only way I've known that has done that previously was a UGL sublingual pill from china. But that had to be taken by the hour.

Bumping for more info.
    he's got sublingual prop now. great stuff, eliminates the need for frequent dosing.

Well I finally found a souce that I can depend on and really can get anything I want. Here's my specs;

Age- 50 and on 60 mg of Striant per day for the last 4 weeks. I will not cycle until my test levels are stable in another 3-4 weeks. Striant is test in a pill form that is placed on the upper gum line above the incisors(sp?). 2- 30 mg pills every 12 hours is the dose.

Height- 6'2'
    Weight- 270
    40" waist

As you can read below my test scores were very low. Once the doc and I zero in on the correct perscribed dose I want to start a cycle. I can get anything but really don't know where to start. The conection is on test but I am not sure what kind. My goal is to decrease joint pain, loose bf, gain strength and lean mass. Ok I know that's everyone's goal but I'm older and need to take things nice and even. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I will search here as well but so many of you are very knowledgable and have helped immensely so far. Thanks

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Deca has been known to help with joint pain. Quite a few members are prescribed anywhere from 100-300mg with their HRT.
    Sounds like you have everything planned out fairly well, the striant sounds like a pain in the ass but it's whatever works best for you.
    How does it taste?

Ironside- Striant is a PITA. It's easy to forget it, moves around in your mouth, food particles get stuck in it, and it's very expensive. I'm going to the doc after my next blood work to make a case for injections but he only wanted to do them 1/month.
    I'l do a search here for deca and see what I come up with. Thanks

Injections can be self administered. Once a month injections is kinda silly seeing how the half life on cyponaite is 12 days and peak 24-48 hours after injection and then decline slowly from there. Once ever 2 weeks would be the maximum for injections but from what I hear once a week is the way to go.

I've experimented with doing weekly injections at 100mg's and bi-monthly injections at 200mg's. Actually either way works for me, I always have a little more restless sleep as I get closer to the next inject.

My PCP did offer bimonthly injections and may do that if the Striant isn't cutting it. I'll find out in a couple weeks. Thanks guys

bi monthly or bi weekly?
    I don't see why he just doesn't let you self administer your injections, unless there's a copay/insurance fee each time he injects you, in that case I would think he's just milking you or your insurance.

Bimontly- he said he can't let me self administer as it's a controled substance. Thanks

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    Bullshit. Tons of us self administer these controlled substances from doctors. Know why? THEY ARE PRESCRIBED. What an ass this guy (your doc) sounds like. What country are you in?

I'm in the ol USA about 40 minutes from Green Bay WI- sight of the Brett Farve saga......

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    that doc/dic is just scared bro.

when my doc offered me the shots, i played dumb and told him "i dont want to inject daily", he said "no i'll show you how to do it at home, and you only inject once weekly".

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zygleth View Post
    Bimontly- he said he can't let me self administer as it's a controled substance. Thanks
    This is simply not true. Self administration of a prescribed controlled substance is completely legal.

He probably wouldn't let you even inject B12 by yourself.

I would look for a different doctor.

Thread Information