TASSY5 is offline Associate Member

Arrow Test C for 14 weeks and now Sex drive changed

OK, been on 200 mg a week of test c for 14 weeks now. GREAT gains in the strength department and overall well being. But for the last 4 weeks I have noticed my sex drive has fallen off No real boners like I was getting every few hrs of the day and feeling really fateiged lately.

What has happened all of a sudden?
    Could my estrogen levels be up? Do I need to be taking something else?, and if so what and where can I get it???

Age 40
    238 lbs
    4 days a week in the gym
    Dieting and doing cardio.
    should I let my doctor know I am feeling this way or is it normal?
    I finished a 10ml bottle of test C and he told me to continue on the next bottle. This is where I am noticing the tired and no sex drive symptoms.
    But again, my strength is going up very well.
    14 weeks ago stats on weights

Bench 135 up to 235 max now start at 235 up to 360 (set of 15 to set of 3)
    Decline 135 up to 185 max now start at 235 to 315 ( 4 sets of 10 )
    ETC all Fantastic gains in strength.
    Comments please.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Your RBC is probably high. I always feel lethargic when that happens.
    As far as the boners you may have some excess estro.

You need to talk to your Dr. if he told you to continue to the next bottle.

mazguy is offline Junior Member
    Same thing is happening to me and I tried the Amiridex to counter the estrogen but nothing has changed.
    In good physical condition

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    Getting blood work done and probably posting the results here would be a great help. There are a lot of good bros here who could interpret the bloodwork results to see any glaring problems that might be causing these symptoms.

That being said - bloodwork is expensive and your doc would have to order it unless you went with one of the online clinics.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    How often do you have bloodwork taken? It should at least be every other month!!!! You could be having some Estro problems, Are you take any Arimidex ?

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    tassy...good thread...wanna hear the responses ... i see fluctuations in me as well...at 55 i prefer to know and take the guess work out of it....looking forward to the answers...
    @150 per week and .25 EOD armidex

keith1958 is offline Junior Member
    This happened to me and I had high Estrogen. I went on Arimidex .50 EOD and Estrogen went to low and had same problem. I presently do 120mg T-CYP once a week and HCG 250iu 2 days a week and Arimidex .25 every 4 days and this has me dialed in pretty good all around. I made great gains in the gym at 200 but it drove my hemoglobin sky high and I had to give a pint to get it in check. This too can cause some problems. You really should get freqent blood test when you first go on to gauge how you feel with some numbers. By the way I still make good gains in the gym and everything else is pretty good. I also see it getting better

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Brain is main sexual organ, you can have low test and high libido and to oposite low libido and high test with normal hormonal profile. There will be problem in your mind not in your body.

I would check test total, free test, estro, prolactine, cortisole, rbc, hematocrite and blood pressure. Whey everythink will be OK visit psychiatry or psychologist.

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TASSY5 View Post
    OK, been on 200 mg a week of test c for 14 weeks now. GREAT gains in the strength department and overall well being. But for the last 4 weeks I have noticed my sex drive has fallen off No real boners like I was getting every few hrs of the day and feeling really fateiged lately.

What has happened all of a sudden?
    Could my estrogen levels be up? Do I need to be taking something else?, and if so what and where can I get it???

Age 40
    238 lbs
    4 days a week in the gym
    Dieting and doing cardio.
    should I let my doctor know I am feeling this way or is it normal?
    I finished a 10ml bottle of test C and he told me to continue on the next bottle. This is where I am noticing the tired and no sex drive symptoms.
    But again, my strength is going up very well.
    14 weeks ago stats on weights

Bench 135 up to 235 max now start at 235 up to 360 (set of 15 to set of 3)
    Decline 135 up to 185 max now start at 235 to 315 ( 4 sets of 10 )
    ETC all Fantastic gains in strength.
    Comments please.
    What levels are you at on 200 mg a week. My levels went sky high but I am also a lot smaller than you.

OK, sorry to get back this post so late. Work has been crazy.
    I called the doctor to tell him about the bloating I feel and he is on vacation and when I spoke to the nurse I told her of the bloating and about the acne on my back. I talked with her about Arimidex and about my Estrogen levels. She said 3 days later that se spoke with the doctor supposedly and I could go to the pharmacy to pick up another prescription to assist me with the bloating ( I am thinking arimidex) I get to the pharmacy and find they prescribed me basically like a Pepcid heartburn/Prilicet style medicine.I did not get it and was so pissed. I am now waiting on the doctor to call me so I can arrainge my blood tests to check my stats.

bobr is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TASSY5 View Post
    OK, sorry to get back this post so late. Work has been crazy.
    I called the doctor to tell him about the bloating I feel and he is on vacation and when I spoke to the nurse I told her of the bloating and about the acne on my back. I talked with her about Arimidex and about my Estrogen levels. She said 3 days later that se spoke with the doctor supposedly and I could go to the pharmacy to pick up another prescription to assist me with the bloating ( I am thinking arimidex) I get to the pharmacy and find they prescribed me basically like a Pepcid heartburn/Prilicet style medicine.I did not get it and was so pissed. I am now waiting on the doctor to call me so I can arrainge my blood tests to check my stats.

Time for blood work. My guess is high estrogen. Do you have sore nipples? Regular blood tests are needed for correct HRT. -Bob

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bobr View Post
    Time for blood work. My guess is high estrogen. Do you have sore nipples? Regular blood tests are needed for correct HRT. -Bob
    No sore nipples, but I can't seem to get my chest to flatten out. If the doctor doesnt prescribe me Arimidex , what should I do to stop and prevent Gyno??

I feel like my chest is hard but the areas around the nipples seem like jelly,and I can't seem to get that fat/gyno to go away. I sit at my desk and feel like I have titties. ( LOL) That sucks

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Any updates?
    If anything I'd order some letro or armidex from the site and keep it on hand while you find a new doc.
    It starts out like that, than it will start to itch and get sore, soon they will hurt and feel like there is something under the nipples, like a ball. By than it's usually too late and they need to be cut out

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    keith...copy on the hemoglobin...just had my first annual checkup after starting HRT...yesterday was first time i heard about sides of red blood cell counts going off the chart...doc says he has a patient who regularly gives blood to combat this .... do you know where i can find more on this?...TMan is right about regular blood tests but mine prescribed my next blood test in June of 09...

customworksking is offline Associate Member
    I'm in my 2nd cycle 1st time on test C and my sex drive fell off went to test E came back
    I don't like C...

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking View Post
    I'm in my 2nd cycle 1st time on test C and my sex drive fell off went to test E came back
    I don't like C...
    funny you say this because Mine has fallen off on C also. On Test C now for 16 weeks

vermin is offline Member
    Some of this is to be expected. If you have been dealing with low test for some time and then start HRT is has been my experience that there is a "honeymoon" period that's kinda like being a teenager again and then some sense of normalcy returns and libido is "good/normal" instead of "raging hormone". This is not meant to contradict the concerns of about high-e etc., just a counterbalancing of realistic long term expectations.

Thread Information