fiveoooh is offline New Member

Newbie and a little overwhelmed w/ HRT

First of this is a great site with a ton of information. Im new to all of this and a bit overwhelmed so please bare with me. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

I have never taken any type of steriod , just your standard supplements and protein. I have been working out pretty regularly for about 15 years, Im 33 now. As I have gotten older it has obviously become more difficult to maintain what little I have. I deceided to see a HRT specalist. My labs showed my total test just under 500 and and my free test at 11.0. I didnt really no what to expect and I walked out today with 7 different perscriptions. This is where the overwhelming part comes in and I would like some opinions on the following:

Testosterone Cyp 200 mg twice a week
    Deca 200 mg twice a week
    HCG twice a week
    Aromasin 25mg once a day
    Proseer (sp?) 5mg once a day
    Cytomel 10mcg once a day
    Thyroid med once a day

Not to sound whiney or anything but Im pretty nervous about this whole thing. Because of my profession I had to go about this the legal way, hence the HRT. Any advice from those expirenced would really help me out. I researched the individual drugs and they seem to be good choices. The Dr. also appeared to know what he was talking about as well. Thanks guys in advance and go easy on a newbie....

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    sounds pretty rockin to me. only thing i dont understand is hcg twice a week. I am on hrt as well but all i got was angrogel which is 5mg/day. You got 400mg/week of test and deca thats a pretty hefty hrt!

uncgboro is offline Associate Member
    send some of that test my way!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Interesting user name 5-0, huh?
    Anywho, I'll move this to the HRT forum...

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    For a 33 year old with test #'s in the 500's, I can't see a licensed doctor giving you that much test, deca and hcg per week. That sounds like back in the day when you got your advice from some huge knucklehead at the gym. That being said, I have no experience with thyroid problems or their treatments. But as you will notice, most of us here are on low doses and we run it year round, forever. As far as you being overwhelmed, I don't blame you bro. When my uro learned that I was taking 200 mg. of test cyp per week, he freaked becasue my lab #'s were in the 1,200's. It turns out he was right. Now I'm on 100 mg. per week and feel great. imho, it's always better to start conservative and adjust from there. Good luck.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 44 View Post
    For a 33 year old with test #'s in the 500's, I can't see a licensed doctor giving you that much test, deca and hcg per week. That sounds like back in the day when you got your advice from some huge knucklehead at the gym. That being said, I have no experience with thyroid problems or their treatments. But as you will notice, most of us here are on low doses and we run it year round, forever. As far as you being overwhelmed, I don't blame you bro. When my uro learned that I was taking 200 mg. of test cyp per week, he freaked becasue my lab #'s were in the 1,200's. It turns out he was right. Now I'm on 100 mg. per week and feel great. imho, it's always better to start conservative and adjust from there. Good luck.
    word- did you visit an anti aging clinic? otherwise it must have been a quack...

levels of 500 are totally ok - no doc could/would normally prescribe test for those kind of high levels...

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Are you in the states?

To those that responded so far I do appreciate it. Can anyone offer any good advice. This seems like alot for anyone just starting up. I dont want to end up all screwed up. Would taking half the dosages be a better starting point, say 100 Deca and 100 test a week instead of 200 each??? Again any actual advice would be very helpful. Thanks guys.....5.0

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    200mg a week of Test is a little high to start with, especially given your existing count of 500. I would start at 100mg once a week for six weeks then get a blood test for Test levels. You want to be at the top of the range at around 900ng/nl but not to far over either. Why does he have you on Deca as well ?. I am on both however only because of injuries and joint issues. If you are injury free Deca is unnecessary IMO. HCG is also unnecessary, it prevents ball shrinkage and thats pretty much it. Big deal !!! You can do it a couple of times a year if they mean that much to you but they wont shrink that much anyway.

Tesla is offline Member
    I'm with Kale on this one.....can't see why you were given the deca . I would just start with 100 of test per week.

Yes Fallen Im in the states. I just picked up my Test Cyp today, cost me $7.00 for a vial, which I thought was very reasonable. Kale Im not really sure why the Deca , when he explained everything he was giving me it made sense at the time. I think I will start with 100 Test and go from there. Im hoping it will help with my fatigue which has been bad lately as well. He said the Aromasin 25mg once a day would block estodriol and the Proseer (sp?) 5mg once a day has to do with DHT I think. The common consensus is HCG is unneccesary, if so great thats less injections if true. Man I never thought this would be so complicated, I have literally loss sleep over this. Keep the advice coming my way i do appreciate it, thanks guys 5.0

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveoooh View Post
    Yes Fallen Im in the states. I just picked up my Test Cyp today, cost me $7.00 for a vial, which I thought was very reasonable. Kale Im not really sure why the Deca, when he explained everything he was giving me it made sense at the time. I think I will start with 100 Test and go from there. Im hoping it will help with my fatigue which has been bad lately as well. He said the Aromasin 25mg once a day would block estodriol and the Proseer (sp?) 5mg once a day has to do with DHT I think. The common consensus is HCG is unneccesary, if so great thats less injections if true. Man I never thought this would be so complicated, I have literally loss sleep over this. Keep the advice coming my way i do appreciate it, thanks guys 5.0
    Trust me its not complicated once you get into the swing of it. Proscar is a DHT blocked and will reduce enlargement of the Prostate. Seriously, you dont need the Deca , leave it out. All you need is the Test

Thanks for the advice Kale. Well to update you guys, I did my first Test Cyp last night. I have to admit I was kinda of puss about it but I finally did it. It wasnt that bad, injecting yourself is a pretty wierd thing though. I slept ok last night and feel pretty good today. I also took the Aromsin and the proscar as prescribed. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks 5.0

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    doctor = dealer
    EDITED

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds more like a mild cycle to me than HRT. And the part about the test is confusing - sounds like test 200mg TWICE a week, which would be 400mg weekly. If so, definitely a mild cycle.

Very surprised a regular doc would even prescribe for levels in the 500's.

inkslinger is offline Associate Member
    yeah man you said 200mg TWICE a week right? so what did you load up in your syringe when you shot ? half a cc ?? good luck with it and like the bros said once you get going the injections arent too bad...im pretty much injection something every day now... its second nature at this point

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveoooh View Post
    First of this is a great site with a ton of information. Im new to all of this and a bit overwhelmed so please bare with me. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

I have never taken any type of steriod , just your standard supplements and protein. I have been working out pretty regularly for about 15 years, Im 33 now. As I have gotten older it has obviously become more difficult to maintain what little I have. I deceided to see a HRT specalist. My labs showed my total test just under 500 and and my free test at 11.0. I didnt really no what to expect and I walked out today with 7 different perscriptions. This is where the overwhelming part comes in and I would like some opinions on the following:

Testosterone Cyp 200 mg twice a week
    Deca 200 mg twice a week
    HCG twice a week
    Aromasin 25mg once a day
    Proseer (sp?) 5mg once a day
    Cytomel 10mcg once a day
    Thyroid med once a day

Not to sound whiney or anything but Im pretty nervous about this whole thing. Because of my profession I had to go about this the legal way, hence the HRT. Any advice from those expirenced would really help me out. I researched the individual drugs and they seem to be good choices. The Dr. also appeared to know what he was talking about as well. Thanks guys in advance and go easy on a newbie....
    I honestly can't believe a doctor hooked you up with all that gear. And 200 mg twice a week? That is not a therapaeutical does; that will put your levels off the charts IMO. I was taking 200 mg a week and my levels shot up to almost 2000. My doctor almost had a heart attack. What levels did your doc say he wanted you at?

I have no knowledge of thyroid problems. Does it deplate your body of test or something to where you need all that? Either way, you hit the jack pot!!!

I mispoke earlier, sorry for the confusion he has me on 200mg a test a week not 400mg. 1/2 cc twice a week. 1/2 cc= 100mg correct? He also wanted me on 1/2 cc of Deca twice a week. For my own sake I'm starting at 100mg test a week and will go from there. Im not sure about the whole thyroid thing I have my labs but not entirely sure how to read them. He went over them with me but he lost me half way into it.

Inkslinger, thanks Im sure it will get easier. Its funny all the shit I have seen and been through and I was shaking like a school girl the other night. I think part of it was nerves at starting this whole thing but still even though no one was around I was half assed embarrassed, oh well.

Philly yes this was all done under a Dr's care at his office. I cannot and will not take any perscription drugs illegally.

Also Im curious about the Deca? Most of my research seemed to show Deca is widly used and well liked. However on this post the consenus was not to use it, how come?

Thanks guys, 5.0

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm my Total is in 620 and my Free is 9.4. `Hope my doc gives me scripts like that
    I dont think 100mg will do anything for you, that's really low and if you're on deca you would probably want to keep it slightly higher.
    Deca will shut your natural production of test down completely,

Billy-the-kid is offline Banned
    Hey, 5-0.

I'm on the same program as you are. The Doc probably put you on this program because he asked you what your goals & issues are. I.E. "I have low enegry, low sex drive, fatigue, have gained weight, and would like to replace the fat with muscle".

Remember that the high end of total test is 1836 and the high end for free test is 40. Based on your profession, issues, and goals your Doc wanted to put you in the high catagory. Lucky you. Many guys would love to be on this program.

The Doc put you on thyroid because AAS can suppress TSH which lowers your T3 & T4 levels. You want to keep these levels noraml because it impacts your matabolism and regulates body fat, can lower your cholesterol levels, can affect your GH and insulin secretion, and there is some evidence that T3 enhances AAS use.

If I were you I would take all the Meds that are prescribed or take none of them, and go see your Doc again and tell him about your concerns.

Billy thanks for the advice, Im not sure about that avatar but I think your right : ) I was going to try to send you a PM but I wasnt able to, hell im not even sure if this site allows that. How have your results been. I just started so Im being patient. Just lifting as much as I can and trying to eat right for now. Thanks 5.0

bobr is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Grappler View Post
    I honestly can't believe a doctor hooked you up with all that gear. And 200 mg twice a week? That is not a therapaeutical does; that will put your levels off the charts IMO. I was taking 200 mg a week and my levels shot up to almost 2000. My doctor almost had a heart attack. What levels did your doc say he wanted you at?

I have no knowledge of thyroid problems. Does it deplate your body of test or something to where you need all that? Either way, you hit the jack pot!!!

Where did your doctor get the Deca ? You won't find it in any legitimate pharmacy or compounder. My wife is a licensed prescriber and she wouldn't even prescribe that protocol to me. The DEA keeps pretty good tabs on these things. -Bob

Billy-the-kid is offline Banned
    5-0,

I just started this program 2 weeks ago. I lost a little fat & gained a bit of muscle. But right now it is way to early to tell. My energy level and motivation are way up. We'll have to keep each other posted on our results.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    my advice is to do your reading in the educational threads. be your own advocate and do your homework. Seems you may want to stay in touch with Billy the kid cause he is on the same program.

ps you better have a girfriend and a babe on the side cause you are gonna be screwing somebody's brains out.

Im trying to do just that white owl. This is all new to me and I cant believe how much info is out there. As far as the sex goes so far the opposite has seemed to happen. I know it has only been a week but I seem to still be fatigued and my sex drive asctullay seems to be lower than it normally is (which is pretty high). So far Im taking everything that was prescibed except for the Deca . I'll keep you guys posted.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Give it 3-4 weeks to take full effect (From what I read).
    Deca from what I understand is widely used to help with joint pain and mass building. I read that some people experience joint soreness when starting HRT, that might be why you were prescribed the deca.
    Good luck with everything and remember to keep us updated

Thread Information