thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member

just switched from gel to injection, dosage question

So I was rubbing on two tubes of testim per day, one in the morning and one at night. It was a big hassle and I was constantly forgetting aplications, so I went to the doctor and had him switch me to test cyp. injection. Heres my question the testim was 50mg per tube twice a day so I was getting 700mg of testosterone per week. the injection is 200mg/cc and I shoot 1 1/2 cc every other week. Did my doc radically dropp my dose? it seems now that im only getting roughly 300mg of test per week with the injection. I don't really know how it works, maybe the injection is more effective and I dont need as much. I will say I feel as if my energy level has dropped along with my drive. did he dropp my dose? I still have a ton of testim, should I take that along with the injection, or ask for a higher dose. Its a touchy situation asking for a higher dose, I think the doc might think im just trying to get more juice. What do you guys think?

dino1013 is offline Junior Member
    i guess every doc is differentand some people may need more or lees.i was started at 100mg per week did that for a few weeks.doc asked how i was feeling told him i felt great for 1st couple days following inj then felt tired ,worn down less sex drive etc.....he has me on 200mg per week and i feel great.like i said i am by know means an expert on this ,this is just what has been working for me....lot of educating people on this forum who have a lot of experience with this im sure they will be able to help u out...good luck.dino

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    dude, there is no way that you were getting 700mg of Test into your system, also if you were doing two tubes a day at 50mg each how does that add up to 700mg ? that is a big cycle rather than a HRT dose. What he has you on now is spot on for a HRT dose

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thndrgod33 View Post
    So I was rubbing on two tubes of testim per day, one in the morning and one at night. It was a big hassle and I was constantly forgetting aplications, so I went to the doctor and had him switch me to test cyp. injection. Heres my question the testim was 50mg per tube twice a day so I was getting 700mg of testosterone per week. the injection is 200mg/cc and I shoot 1 1/2 cc every other week. Did my doc radically dropp my dose? it seems now that im only getting roughly 300mg of test per week with the injection. I don't really know how it works, maybe the injection is more effective and I dont need as much. I will say I feel as if my energy level has dropped along with my drive. did he dropp my dose? I still have a ton of testim, should I take that along with the injection, or ask for a higher dose. Its a touchy situation asking for a higher dose, I think the doc might think im just trying to get more juice. What do you guys think?

You weren't getting 700mgs of test week, you were applying 70 grams of cream. Only a small percent of the cream is test and only a portion of that absorbs. Getting about 70mgs week.

"One 5 g or two 5 g tubes of Testim® contains 50 mg or 100 mg of testosterone, respectively, to be applied daily to the skin's surface. Approximately 10% of the applied testosterone dose is absorbed across skin of average permeability during a 24-hour period." http://www.patientsville.com/labels/testim_label.htm

With the injections you are taking 300mgs every other week. I would split the dose into 150mgs a week. You will experience a roller coaster ride with your test levels taking every other week. I found this on another page.

"Testosterone cypionate is a long acting, single ester testosterone product. It is slowly and steadily released in the body after it is injected. The blood levels of cypionate peak 24-48 hours after injection and then decline slowly. The blood levels reach a steady point 12 days after initial injection and stay there for over three weeks. Cypionate is normally injected once a week, which makes the very lowest dose higher than half the peak dose at any given time."
    Last edited by FallenWyvern; 07-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    fallen warren is spot on....your 700mg applied would be 10%
    absorbed equaling 70mg for the week....your new dose of injections is a little better than double that (150mg a week) minus the ester which translates to approximately 30% off so in lay terms your 300mg dose will be 90 mg ester (approximately) and you will be at 210mg for the 2 weeks where you were at 140mg every 2 weeks with your 2 tubes of the goo...I like your dose and I believe you will like it as well and also agree with fallen that you should go once a week no doubt...so shoot .75 cc every week....see how you feel on that dose...keep your bloodwork monitored and save your testim....you can maybe mix it in later
    hope this helps and didnt confuse

Thread Information