ascendant is offline Senior Member

Some basic HRT questions

Well after getting my test levels checked a while back, I found out my natural test levels were low. Yes, tried HCG and some other methods and just can't get my natural test levels up high enough. Seems as if taking cycles over the years just lowered my bodies own production of test. Didn't get anything else checked but my test levels as it was quite expensive enough, but as of now I at least know that's an issue.

Just looking for the basics as far as HRT doses. I know typical test doses are between 100-200mg/week, but how much of an anti-estrogen should you use and which is the preferred? I know this is probably something that varies from person to person, but I'm a personal trainer, so health insurance doesn't exist for me and as such, I don't have the $ to keep spending on getting tests done.

Lately all I have been doing is 175mg of test cyp/week. I used to take .5mg of anastrozole a week as well, but not sure anymore if that's necessary at the doses of test I'm taking? I've heard some people say it might bring your estrogen levels too low while I've heard others say that high estrogen levels have much more health concerns. I also know the anastrozole can help keep up your own production, but I'm not sure at that dosage if it would even make much of a difference as far as that? Oh, and once maybe every 4 months or so I do also take HCG for about 3 weeks to try to keep my own test production up as well.

If someone can give some advice as far as a good start to a typically suggested HRT regimen and I can stick with it for a while before getting another test done on my levels, it would really help in saving me a lot of money. Thanks.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest keep your levels high normal and then adjust estrogen with arimidex . I was on 160mg and my levels were too high. I am now on 120 and feel great. Bloodwork coming in a week.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS RR View Post
    I would suggest keep your levels high normal and then adjust estrogen with arimidex. I was on 160mg and my levels were too high. I am now on 120 and feel great. Bloodwork coming in a week.
    alright, so i guess i'll stick with cyp at 175mg and .5mg of arimidex for the next few weeks, then get some bloodwork done to see where i'm at after that.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    alright, so i guess i'll stick with cyp at 175mg and .5mg of arimidex for the next few weeks, then get some bloodwork done to see where i'm at after that.

Yes small steps is always better.

Thread Information