Pac Man is offline Senior Member

Back injuries and low test?

Recently I spoke with a Nurse and I mentioned my low test issue and her first question was if I ever had a lower back injury. I didn't get a chance to ask her about the low back injury relation to testosterone but does anyone know why she would have asked?

maxex is offline Member
    I have no idea but I have bad back problems and would be interested in finding out if there's a relation.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    subscribed also

bumping with low back spasm

I have a lower/upper back injury, cant remember what it's called but the doctor said it was deeper than what a slipdisk would be. I'll ask my uro about it when I see him next week.

I spoke with a doc recently and asked, he's a neuro so it wasn't his field of study but he was very knowledgable none the less. He said it's possible an injury sustained around the L4 could disrupt the nerves leading from the pituitary glands.
    While posting this, I found another extremely interesting article on TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) and induced hypogonadism, links below. So my TBI could be the cause, everything leans towards it. I sustained my last TBI in Aug of 05, in Jan of 06 I was diagnosed with Gyno and this year with low test. I'm seeing light at the end of this tunnel.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...20003/00003463
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/555088

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    this is very interesting

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    The TBI connection is very interesting, I didn't know about it, thanks. As far as the LBP causing low test - I think this would be very very unlikely and if it did would most probably have other accompanying neurological symptoms.
    You probably have something called spondylolisthesis which is a subluxation of one vertebral body on top of another (one of them is shifted forward out of alignment)

If you dont mind me asking how did you sustain your TBI and do you still have any problems from it?

My sister has degenerative spondylolisthesis but so far as I know, I'm clear. I do have scoliosis though.
    I sustained mine through multiple IED (Roadside bomb) blast. I do have issues from it almost daily, I have a big issue with short term memory . Sometimes I skip like a record and will keep asking the same questions over and over and over again until someone tells me what I'm doing. Lots of other symptoms as well but that's the most prominent.
    Still with all that is wrong with me I consider myself lucky, I've dodged death by fractions of an inch so many times it lost its humor. The fact that I'm able to walk, talk and perform daily activities is a blessing in its own.

Thread Information