TASSY5 is offline Associate Member

TRT & connection with Prostate cancer??

Is this a situation that can be brought sooner to ones body by being on TRT. I am curious. My dad had it at 68 and I am 40. I am doing great on Test C but am a little concerned that this could speed up a genetic trait.
    Any suggestions? I just did blood work for my Endo but PSA count wan't in the tests.

stallion_1 is offline suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by TASSY5 View Post
    Is this a situation that can be brought sooner to ones body by being on TRT. I am curious. My dad had it at 68 and I am 40. I am doing great on Test C but am a little concerned that this could speed up a genetic trait.
    Any suggestions? I just did blood work for my Endo but PSA count wan't in the tests.
    synthetic test will increase the growing of ur prostate thats a fact coz of the dht.

now the growth of prostate may in the future lead to cancer.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by stallion_1 View Post
    synthetic test will increase the growing of ur prostate thats a fact coz of the dht.

now the growth of prostate may in the future lead to cancer.
    never heard that....please provide the evidence of this statement

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    injecting test can cause prostate cancer to spread very rapidly

dont know why you would have been put on trt without first testing the prostate
    and the way i read the literature is that the biggest problem is with high estrogen and is the common denominator in a large amount of prostate cancers but if cancer is present ALREADY then administering exogeneous test would cause the cancer to grow more rapidly
    i had a little scare in the early stages of my trt...get it checked bro
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 08-26-2008 at 10:25 PM.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    m8,

read several studies linked to this site a year ago...may be in educational threads...HGH will speed it up when you HAVE it but the bulk of the studies seem to indicate that w/o HRT increases the odds you will get prostate cancer....i believe it was 20 of 23 reports which said the control group w/o HRT was a higher incidence of prostate cancer.

TASSY5 is offline Associate Member
    My PSA levels wer checked when I started the TRT and it was fine. I spoke with the doctor today after my blood results came in and all is fine. He said since i am 40 and Prostrate Cancer is in my family that Starting at 45 i should start getting checked yearly.
    My next blood tests in 4 months will have a PSA count check up in them. I will keep you all informed,. I didn't mean to alarm anyone but was just getting your opinions.

My PSA levels wer checked when I started the TRT and it was fine. I spoke with the doctor today after my blood results came in and all is fine. He said since i am 40 and Prostrate Cancer is in my family that Starting at 45 i should start getting checked yearly.
    My next blood tests in 4 months will have a PSA count check up in them. I will keep you all informed,. I didn't mean to alarm anyone but was just getting your opinions.
    glad it came out positive bro....know how you felt
    best of luck with your trt

Thread Information