n2ojones is offline Junior Member

RE-test..so bummed.

Man. Company has new insurance company that is demanding I re-test prior to them paying for my test.

I am 49 and have been on HRT for about 18 months. Prescribed 1ml of cyp cream to be rubbed on my forearms 3 times per day.

Problem is....uh, my friend is on the same programand gets extra, sooooo using some of his, I am doing about 1.5 mls 3 times per day...AND FEEL FANTASTIC!!

I was in for check-up today (had neck surgery last year) and they surprized me with this request for my bloodwork. The doc hands me a paper and says "go downstairs and get your blood drawn, then come back and see me". I just walked out of the building.

SO my question is this: since this cream is not an injectible, is the half-life very brief.....when would be a safe day to go get the blood drawn (that they seem to want immediately)?

Thanks in advance. Like I said...so bummed.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I started off with androgel which is rubbed on the stomach and that had practically no life. I would think anything topical would be gone in 48 or 72 hours. I would go back in a day or two. Tell the doc you got really light headed on the way downstairs so you left. What brand are you taking and have you ever considered injections?

Thanks for the reply, THORSZ.

Not sure of the brand because I am down to my last smidge and the label is not readable. I know it's a "compound". I also had a liguid that stunk and was incredibly greasy. I like this "compound'.

I would welcome injections but the doc would ask me to come in weekly for that and I seldom have the luxury of extra-time.

Thanks for the tip on the light-headedness. This is a gimmie, actually. I just got a flu shot (while waiting) and they said it makes some people a bit ill. Boy...it sure did me!

Thanks again and if anyone else has further opinion it would be gratefully received.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Injections can be self administered, usually just ask your doc to teach you how and you should be good from there.

Thanks Ironside. One of my friends that use the same doc says the doc makes him come in for a WEEKLY shot. That's why I've stayed with the cream. IF I can get thru this little F'up, I'll pose the question to him.

Is it your opinion that the shots are much better than the cream?...Certainly cleaner... but I've read the smaller yet constant doses of cream is overall superior in HRT....is this false?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ojones View Post
    Man. Company has new insurance company that is demanding I re-test prior to them paying for my test.

I am 49 and have been on HRT for about 18 months. Prescribed 1ml of cyp cream to be rubbed on my forearms 3 times per day.

Problem is....uh, my friend is on the same programand gets extra, sooooo using some of his, I am doing about 1.5 mls 3 times per day...AND FEEL FANTASTIC!!

I was in for check-up today (had neck surgery last year) and they surprized me with this request for my bloodwork. The doc hands me a paper and says "go downstairs and get your blood drawn, then come back and see me". I just walked out of the building.

SO my question is this: since this cream is not an injectible, is the half-life very brief.....when would be a safe day to go get the blood drawn (that they seem to want immediately)?

Thanks in advance. Like I said...so bummed.
    LMAO...PRICELESS....I would have done the same thing

Thanks for the support JPKman. LOL, I couldn't think of anything else to do.

On a more serious note...man, the cream really does lose it's effects rapidly. I did one ml yesterday morning (right before I went to the doc's) and like 36 hrs later I am feeling....uh, limp.

Graphic I know and I apologize for that.. but I think this is as good a place as any to talk about this. Fortunately my wife is VERY cool and I don;t hide anything from her. I think she's actually grateful for the rest, LOL. Thgis happened before when I went off cold. I suppose the blue pill would help but in all reality, I am happy to see tthis. At least for a few nites.

I wonder if this is mental or if going without my test, even though it's a topical, could actually be causing this (and so soon). I'd sure appreciate some feedback...preferrably without laughter or finger-pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ojones View Post
    Thanks for the support JPKman. LOL, I couldn't think of anything else to do.

On a more serious note...man, the cream really does lose it's effects rapidly. I did one ml yesterday morning (right before I went to the doc's) and like 36 hrs later I am feeling....uh, limp.

Graphic I know and I apologize for that.. but I think this is as good a place as any to talk about this. Fortunately my wife is VERY cool and I don;t hide anything from her. I think she's actually grateful for the rest, LOL. Thgis happened before when I went off cold. I suppose the blue pill would help but in all reality, I am happy to see tthis. At least for a few nites.

I wonder if this is mental or if going without my test, even though it's a topical, could actually be causing this (and so soon). I'd sure appreciate some feedback...preferrably without laughter or finger-pointing.
    n20...any flaming here is going to be rare and chances are there is going to be someone here thats been where you're at and can advise out of straight out experience...that's why i like this forum so much....you're getting first hand education on your health....you get ppl that have cycled, been injured, coming off anti-d's, guys just aging, and even open minded doctors and med students offering valuable life lessons and experiences
    i think the only question you had was when would it be safe to give blood for your job? and thorz got your back on that one as i agree that a few days will be fine...keep us posted bro

natureboy is offline Member
    If he doesn't buy the lighthead, tell him you crapped you pants on the way downstairs to do bloodwork! What's he gonna say then. Heck who would ever make up something like that, who would question that.

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    If he doesn't buy the lighthead, tell him you crapped you pants on the way downstairs to do bloodwork! What's he gonna say then. Heck who would ever make up something like that, who would question that.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member

I think the cream would be superior to injections as far as levels go if you don't mind applying twice a day.
    I hate maintenance so I inject once a week, I feel it by the end of the week but I'm too damn lazy to inject twice a week. Hopefully a higher dose will correct this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post

I think the cream would be superior to injections as far as levels go if you don't mind applying twice a day.
    I hate maintenance so I inject once a week, I feel it by the end of the week but I'm too damn lazy to inject twice a week. Hopefully a higher dose will correct this issue.
    yep and a lot of extra holes in the arse in the long run

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member

I did when I was 18 I decided I didnt' want to go to work and turned around right before I pulled in to the gate and my boss came driving in and saw me

so the next day I said I had diarhea all over myself...He told everone...Prick

Thread Information