lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

My TRT talk with the Doc this week

I have been doing TRT more or less for about 5 months. I had an appointment with my doc after recent blood work.

I had test done about a week after cycle and my results where 625 so my doc thought that was great until I told him I was doing Test E but said I was only doing 300 mg a week.

I had been on the gel for several months and about 3 months ago he upped me to 2 packs a day. I knew from a lot of reading it was not going to do much for me and certainly not what I was looking for.

After a long talk he decided I knew enough and in some cases more than him and he gave me a script for 200 mg every 2 weeks and wants to test my levels in a month.

He also was warning me that some people have highs/lows with doing it every 2 weeks so I might want to think about 1x a week. I told him I would do Monday/Thursday like before and he was impressed and though that was a good idea. LOL He asked what size pin I used and I told him 1 1/2 in the quads, he again was GOOD and I told him I inject VERY slow and take close to 2 minutes. GOOD. He put in his notes I seemed very knowledgeable on the use of Test. I didnt talk about cycle or PCT because it seemed pointless and would probably confuse him but I will keep Novla on hand and cycle.

We also talked about the pellets but he was not to keen on them either because it was a PITA (LOL) and they are supposed to last 6 months but many times only last 4 months.

What do you think, should I cycle it or just use it as prescribed? When I'm not on it my libido is low and so is energy but not unbearable and my libido is still 90% mental thank God it's NEVER failed me in the time of need. LOL I just notice on cycle instead of wanting it every day or at the least every other day it's more like 3x a day and anytime in between.

Oh, I'm also on HGH with the same doc 1 iu 5x week.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have been doing TRT more or less for about 5 months. I had an appointment with my doc after recent blood work.

I had test done about a week after cycle and my results where 625 so my doc thought that was great until I told him I was doing Test E but said I was only doing 300 mg a week.

I had been on the gel for several months and about 3 months ago he upped me to 2 packs a day. I knew from a lot of reading it was not going to do much for me and certainly not what I was looking for.

After a long talk he decided I knew enough and in some cases more than him and he gave me a script for 200 mg every 2 weeks and wants to test my levels in a month.

He also was warning me that some people have highs/lows with doing it every 2 weeks so I might want to think about 1x a week. I told him I would do Monday/Thursday like before and he was impressed and though that was a good idea. LOL He asked what size pin I used and I told him 1 1/2 in the quads, he again was GOOD and I told him I inject VERY slow and take close to 2 minutes. GOOD. He put in his notes I seemed very knowledgeable on the use of Test. I didnt talk about cycle or PCT because it seemed pointless and would probably confuse him but I will keep Novla on hand and cycle.

We also talked about the pellets but he was not to keen on them either because it was a PITA (LOL) and they are supposed to last 6 months but many times only last 4 months.

What do you think, should I cycle it or just use it as prescribed? When I'm not on it my libido is low and so is energy but not unbearable and my libido is still 90% mental thank God it's NEVER failed me in the time of need. LOL I just notice on cycle instead of wanting it every day or at the least every other day it's more like 3x a day and anytime in between.

Oh, I'm also on HGH with the same doc 1 iu 5x week.
    What do you want to accomplish?
    I would see if I could get the gh raised to at least 2 iu ED x 5.
    Are you doing HCG along with the test?

Good timing, I was just going to say my doc also suggested doing the HCG with the test, should I do it with or when I do PCT?

Yeah he said I can go ahead and raise my HGH but that's 2x $$$

I have post on my past cycle and goals. First is to get my energy where it has not been for 15 years. Second is building size back, I'm on the way there; check other post.
    Stats, diet, goals have all been posted I'm just trying to decide what the best way to use my new source/prescription would be.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    The point of TRT is staying on forever and never coming off. You don't need PCT for TRT. TRT is for life!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    The point of TRT is staying on forever and never coming off. You don't need PCT for TRT. TRT is for life!!!!!!!!!
    Yes and no. It is not like my system is not working at all and I want to do more than just be at normal or low normal levels. I also want my system to continue being able to work and if I stay on for life without a break my system will completely shut down and maybe not ever function again.

What happens if 5 or 10 years from now I end up with no insurance and not enough money to pay for TRT therapy? I would rather be producing at a low level than none at all so I would rather treat it like a cycle and keep what I do have working working for as long as possible.

I have also read threads from people that have been on TRT for years who end up getting gyno. I want to keep that in check also so also the point of doing PCT.

Does that make sense and if no PLEASE feel free to chime in, it is just my thinking on the subject and I really am looking for opinions.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Yes and no. It is not like my system is not working at all and I want to do more than just be at normal or low normal levels. I also want my system to continue being able to work and if I stay on for life without a break my system will completely shut down and maybe not ever function again.

What happens if 5 or 10 years from now I end up with no insurance and not enough money to pay for TRT therapy? I would rather be producing at a low level than none at all so I would rather treat it like a cycle and keep what I do have working working for as long as possible.

I have also read threads from people that have been on TRT for years who end up getting gyno. I want to keep that in check also so also the point of doing PCT.

Does that make sense and if no PLEASE feel free to chime in, it is just my thinking on the subject and I really am looking for opinions.
    This is crap if you know what you are doing. A simple AI a couple of times a week will completely eliminate gyno as an issue. Dont believe everything you read dude

That is why I'm looking for input.

OK I guess I should have thrown that option out there also. Yeah it was probably someone who did NOT do enough research and was not using any AI. I didnt mean for it to sound like I thought this was the only option.

What do you suggest for AI, letro or adex .25 eod?

Now all I need is another trip to Thailand.

Not to change the subject to much BUT... I know we are not suppose to ask about sourses so I wont ask any specifics but I'm going to Cabo next week. Do the pharmacies still carry Test E and do I have to worry much about fake if I take my prescription with me to show them it's legit?
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-12-2008 at 04:58 AM.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hmm, seems to me you can't have it both ways. You can't do test for TRT, and do it for life, but at the same time, do dosages that are really cycle doses. I asked here what the max dose I could do test cyp at continuously, not at cycle doses, and was told stay at 300mg/wk or less, which I heeded. I'll let the more experienced guys here speak, though, it does seem to me that you're after the same thing I was, and I basically stay at the dose of test recommended, do HCG , and consulted with Narkissos for diet and exercise plan. The latter has shown the best results by far.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    That is why I'm looking for input.

OK I guess I should have thrown that option out there also. Yeah it was probably someone who did NOT do enough research and was not using any AI. I didnt mean for it to sound like I thought this was the only option.

What do you suggest for AI, letro or adex .25 eod?

Now all I need is another trip to Thailand.

Not to change the subject to much BUT... I know we are not suppose to ask about sourses so I wont ask any specifics but I'm going to Cabo next week. Do the pharmacies still carry Test E and do I have to worry much about fake if I take my prescription with me to show them it's legit?
    I just got back from Cabo last week and did a little random check of the pharmacies down there. I know we cannot discuss price here but I will say VERY VERY expensive. I had to keep asking "Pesos?" and they kept saying "No, Dollars".

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I just got back from Cabo last week and did a little random check of the pharmacies down there. I know we cannot discuss price here but I will say VERY VERY expensive. I had to keep asking "Pesos?" and they kept saying "No, Dollars".
    That is discouraging Well since I will be able to show I have a prescriptions maybe they wont try to rip me off as bad, especially if I can show I get it cheaper in the US. I also know a couple people there so I may ask them about vets.

Id love to get more input on who I could run this. I still think I should just be able to save up the prescriptions for a few months and run it like a cycle unless I really feel like crap and need it strictly as TRT.

How about this. If I do just run it as TRT but I will still cycle off sometimes just to make sure I'm working, can I stack something one in a great while to get a little bump/cycle? Maybe when I go off and back on jump up tp 500 mg Week for 15 weeks?

Just looking for options/opinions still

One other though/question. If I just do the TRT can I cycle up every 6 months or so when I up the Test like a real cycle then go back down to the TRT?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    TRT is for life man.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    One other though/question. If I just do the TRT can I cycle up every 6 months or so when I up the Test like a real cycle then go back down to the TRT?
    why not...but i would want to run something along with the test instead of just a large dose of test...i've ramped up to 400mg EW for around 6 weeks and noticed nuttin....when i did 300 test 200 deca ...i gained a lil size and strength

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    TRT is for life man.
    I understand BUT it does not have to be a curse. How can you get the most benefit from it.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I understand BUT it does not have to be a curse. How can you get the most benefit from it.
    my doc has me cycle off every 3-4 months and take hcg

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I don't know your situation but if you need trt it is far from a curse!

If you need it you need trt you will always need it and you get the most benefit from staying on.

I believe using the hcg will keep your testes functioning but I am not sure that has been scientifically tested actually I really doubt it has.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I'm not sure about that either, but Hcg does increase the size of the gonads, and some people prefer larger balls and some like me, like my small TRT balls.

Quote Originally Posted by SWOLLL View Post
    I believe using the hcg will keep your testes functioning, but I am not sure that has been scientifically tested actually I really doubt it has.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I'm not sure about that either, but Hcg does increase the size of the gonads, and some people prefer larger balls and some like me, like my small TRT balls.
    LOL, strange subject but I have to agree, I like the smaller non hanging, getting in the way gonads, reminds me of my youth. LOL

Yes see that is what I was looking for to cycle on and off and maybe use some gel while I'm off and cycle a little higher sometimes??? Just looking for options.

BTW I got my first prescription today, I was worried about insurance but it coverd it all except the co pay, 5 bones.

Thread Information