mgood66 is offline New Member

Test lab results - AM vs PM

Anybody noticed any difference between test results taken in AM vs PM?

I'm 42, have been reading that as you get older the differences in the morning aren't really that pronounced.

For the record, my numbers not good. Hoping to get on TRT.

Total Test 283
    Free Test 5.7

Doc wants to wait a few weeks and test again in morning. This test was done at 4:00 in the afternoon.

BigDog225 is offline New Member
    Since your hoping to get on TRT and he didn't do it with your current scores which he should have. Wake up earlier on the day your gonna go test in the AM. The longer your up the lower its should go. But either way if he doesnt hook you up, find another doctor. You didnt give the ref range for your tests but your Test is low enough to qualify for sure. And dont settle for monthly injections, or every 2 week injections. Go for weekly or twice a week.

I actually just found a great post on here about how to lower your testosterone . Looks like a few cocktails, very little sleep and perhaps a fast is in order the night before my test.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mgood66 View Post
    I actually just found a great post on here about how to lower your testosterone. Looks like a few cocktails, very little sleep and perhaps a fast is in order the night before my test.
    That will help lower. Do you have low test symptoms? I am about the same age on for about half a year.

Definitely have low test symptoms. Actually went to the doc to check my TSH for hypothyroidism. I've been putting on weight, and dieting/exercise just doesn't seem to be making a dent. Never really had this problem in the past.
    Low libido, fatigue, depression. Once I saw free testosterone was about the same as a 90 year old man it all sort of made sense.

Have you had luck with treatment over the last 6 months? When did things start improving?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Yeah my levels were the same as a 85 year old. I felt better in the first week. I saw drastic physical changes over 3-4 months.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mgood66 View Post
    Have you had luck with treatment over the last 6 months? When did things start improving?
    Doc said mine was the same as a 90 year old too.

Results were fast. I would say the first week. My wife said my stomach was flatter within days. I wasn't bloated after eating anymore either. I noticed more energy in about a week. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks when i started getting stronger in the gym. I am lifting anywhere from 20 to 40% more and I have been lifting forever. My libido is way up too. I was having erections like crazy the first month and then it settled down. Its been good for me. I have played with the dose and take anywhere from 100 to 400 a week. I feel my best at 150 a week and drop to 100 EW a couple weeks before I test.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Hello Mate.

My two cents is 85% of male depression would be elimintated if it required testosterone blood tests first. Drs want to hand out anti-depressants to keep the golf junkets going or maybe just to keep the DEA out of their office. 283 should get you to an endo and you then get test prescribed and you'll feel like yourself within a couple of months. Good Luck.

It's infuriating how resistant some docs are to trt. Frankly, they just look at the ranges on the lab results and if it's between the antiquated recommended range, they're good with it. They just want to spend the required 7.5 minutes with each patient and then move on.

Thread Information