Thread: Sex drive & trt

bassman94509 is offline New Member

Sex drive & trt

Hey guys, just wondering how well trt works with fixing low libido and sex drive? Read alot of post, it seems that most of them talk more about using it for a cycle. And how willing are doctors to Proscribe trt. thanks.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    doesnt sound like you read a lot of posts to me...
    you should have had those ?'s answered in like 1 hour of browsing the HRT forum....read a bit more here there is a lot to learn for all
    welcome

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    It does help with libido. Do more research and you will find more in this forum about hormone replacement and less about cycles.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Yes it works great on the libido.....I have not been on trt to long and can all ready feel the goodness

That is great because I have a Dr.'s appt. on Friday and I am hoping he puts me on TRT too. I will let you know how it goes.

Hey rage, how low does your test level have to be to be put on trt.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    My level was 162 at an age of 33, no more discussion need be had he put me rite on TRT.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman94509 View Post
    Hey rage, how low does your test level have to be to be put on trt.
    mine was 366 and my doc put me on TRT. i had symptoms when i was at 550

chrisw1173 is offline New Member
    mine has been checked 2 times this year it was 317 and 321 and neither doc would do anything

Mine was 422, I feel like it is 42 I have no sex drive at all.I was just going to do normal blood work then about a weak before I was to be tested I called and told him to add a testosterone test also, that's when I stopped taking my testosterone booster I only took it for about 5 or 6 days that could explain a higher test number then what I feel, may have to be re tested.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    works great for libido !!!

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I was in the high 200's and it did wonders for me. Unbelievable.

Does it matter if its a cream, a patch, or injectable, do they all work the same??? Do they all give you the added Benefits at the gym??

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Does it matter if its a cream, a patch, or injectable, do they all work the same??? Do they all give you the added Benefits at the gym??

I did the cream at it was messy and didn't do much. I have been on injections for 6 months and it is great. I think most guys like weekly injections more.

I hope my doctor gives me injections!! But he will probable suggest pelvic exercise or something!!!

My doctor was suggesting creams until I mentioned that my wife could be pregnant.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    My doctor was suggesting creams until I mentioned that my wife could be pregnant.
    if i ever have problems with sex drive, all I have to do is look at your Avy!!!

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaDave View Post
    mine was 366 and my doc put me on TRT. i had symptoms when i was at 550
    I think it depends almost totally on the doctors opinions and what type of symptoms you are suffering.
    Everyone's body reacts differently to test levels, at 400 I may feel fine who knows. I never suffered lack of libido, as I have never been able to be within 5 feet of my Asian girl without wanting to cop a feel lol.
    My symptoms where fatigue, mood swings, fat gain regardless of diet and I ate clean for a year straight hitting the gym 5 times a week and hardly lost anything! I had hot flashes you name it I had it, seriously felt like a chick!
    My original doc received my scores when they where at 180 and as I had successfully fathered 3 kids with one on the way he was like, "well you seem ok".
    At the time I was just looking to establish a baseline anyways, He did talk with me about options at the time as well.
    my current Doc because I went in and was fed up with all my symptoms immediately prescribed me androgel . I didn't have to do much convincing at all, he switched me to injections because it was considerably cheaper on my prescription plan.
    After being on for almost a month I feel like a new man its great! I tell every dude I know to have their levels checked just so the hell of it.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    I hope my doctor gives me injections!! But he will probable suggest pelvic exercise or something!!!
    kegel exercises would be a good suggestion but only if it's in conjunction with T shots!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know funny and that's funny

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Just be ready for it. If your doc suggest a patch say you get a rash from sticky things like band-ades. If he suggest cream or lotion then say your wife is pregnant. I was put on androgel at first and I told the doc my wife read the insert and wouldn't let me near her.

I went to the doctors today he spent his 7min with me seemed to have a attitude I mentioned that I was reading about trt and that it seemed to help a lot of people, he sad he couldn't proscribed testosterone with my test levels,I told him I thought the test levels seemed high for how I felt and my systems,so he schedule more test for tomorrow morning. So I guess I will be up all night drinking beer: trying to keep my levels low!!

I went to the doctors today he spent his 7min with me seemed to have a attitude I mentioned that I was reading about trt and that it seemed to help a lot of people, he sad he couldn't proscribed testosterone with my test levels,I told him I thought the test levels seemed high for how I felt and my systems,so he schedule more test for tomorrow morning. So I guess I will be up all night drinking beer: trying to keep my levels low!!
    have a yiengling for me
    enjoy and good luck

Thanks jpkman. I'm scared to death my test may be to high, what will happen then??? Endless test?? I also told him I was depressed and who wouldn't be. Now he wants me to see a doctor for that to dam it!!

Its almost 1:00am had a few beers with dinner earlier a beer about 1 hour ago and just took two shots of tequila. feeling alright!!

Hey guys, just wondering how well trt works with fixing low libido and sex drive? Read alot of post, it seems that most of them talk more about using it for a cycle. And how willing are doctors to Proscribe trt. thanks.

Sex drive is off the charts - feel like a teenager again. Confidence is way up too!

Going on a little getaway with wifey tonight. I could hardly keep from a "caveman" moment when I woke up at 5 this morning. She said "if you play your cards right you may get lucky tonight"......I said bulls..t I am tappin that a.. all night long and your gonna like it. Before TRT I would have been worried and probably just said ok and tried to plan out all sort stuff.

Trt has saved my manhood.

Find the right doc - don't give up no matter what level your results come back as.

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    hey bass, just go to the psy. and play the game. Who knows you might be able to convince him/her your depressed bc you don't have any more test. jk good luck

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Have a drink for me bro. Where are your levels at? Tell the doc your low levels are causing you to perform bad at work and you might lose your job. Doctors seem to take that serious. Say you can't think after lunch and have no energy.

GottaGetIt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Sex drive is off the charts - feel like a teenager again. Confidence is way up too!

Going on a little getaway with wifey tonight. I could hardly keep from a "caveman" moment when I woke up at 5 this morning. She said "if you play your cards right you may get lucky tonight"......I said bulls..t I am tappin that a.. all night long and your gonna like it. Before TRT I would have been worried and probably just said ok and tried to plan out all sort stuff.

Find the right doc - don't give up no matter what level your results come back as.
    Great example of the benefits of TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetIt View Post
    Great example of the benefits of TRT.
    agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Nice!
    BTW, no flowers, no cards, no chocolate - and she still liked it!!!!! Play my cards right my a**.

I'm jealous!! Still waiting for free testosterone before he will refer me to a endo or urio. all my other test seem to be normal, low normal but still with in the ranges.

Thread Information