TASSY5 is offline Associate Member

TRT for over 15 months and Serious question.

All is good first of all with my well being.
    I am 41 and I go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week and lift regularly and I do cardio. I have gone from 250 to 225 lbs in body weight.
    One thing that has bothered me is that my DAD had Prostate Cancer at around age 65 and I know that puts me at a better risk of getting it. My last blood test the doctor said all was fine but did said my PSA count was 2.2 and He said that was in the Normal range and all was fine. >>>>> BUT, I did a little reading and that most doctors at 2.5 reccomend a Biopsy. So I am becommig a little nervous. I do know that Testosterone can feed prostate cancer groth.
    Should I go to a Urologist for a Prostate exam and more blood work to make sure all is good or wait till my next doctor visit of my Endo in June?

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Well prosate cancer is in general androgen responsive. But testosterone cant initiate cancer growth but can promote it. Main culprit is estorogene and men ageing related hormonal inbalance total testosterone go down same as free but estrogene go up and SHBG in blod but also paralel proteins in prostate go up this lead in BPH or prostate cancer.

Watch your estrogene use AI to keep it down and to be safe you can add finasteride in your HRT regime.

And you have hand buy some gloves for medical purposes and lubrication gel... and examine your prostate... walnut size and with smooth surface. Any surface defects indicate cancer, but prostate cancer grow 10years before become invasive. Dont worry calm down.

TASSY5 is offline Associate Member
    thanks man, i do appreciate your wisdom. As I am still learning about all this stuff.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, but I get PSA blood work and a full uncomfortable exam every six months.

Thread Information