T20
    T20 is offline New Member

Exclamation NEED HELP... My body does not except Testosterone!

This is kind of a long post and I really appreciate any help.

I am now 24 and have had low T levels for nearly my entire life... I have tried many of the pills (clomid, arimidex ) with little success. I also have been lifting on and off (mostly on) for the last 9 years; with a consistent T level below 300. I've always been able to build muscle very easy and very fast. My body weight has been maintained between 180 and 215 at 5'10" with very little body fat. I have nearly all other symptoms of low T besides this.

I have a couple of questions... First, How is it possible to build so much muscle with T levels fluctuating between 100 and 300?

Now the most important question...

I have been on a trt cycle of test cyp. for about 6 months now, and through many blood tests STILL HAVE T LEVELS BELOW 300! My doctor has just told me that some people's bodies do not except testosterone for some reason.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS AND IF THERE'S ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE (I have not yet taken a large dose of Test, just enough to maintain levels between 800 and 900)....

Thank you for the help

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your free t level? And what dose were you taking to get to 800-900?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    You probably have good genetics and that is why you are growing.

How much and how often do you inject?

ZonaDave is offline Member
    i'm a little confused. you said "I have not yet taken a large dose of Test, just enough to maintain levels between 800 and 900". if your T is only at 300, how can you say you're taking enough to get it up to 800-900? if you were taking enough to be in the 800-900 range, then your T would be in the 800-900 range, not the 100-300 range.

can you post your entire TRT protocol?

as far as why you're still gaining muscle, it's more about your free T than total T. you can have low total T but most of it is free and you can have high total T but have most of it bound which makes it useless.

T20
    My doctor has prescribed me a 200mg shot every 14 days which, according to him, is enough to maintain a T level between 800 and 900. I was tested 10 days after my shot and was at about 250. He said that it was very strange and then told me that sometimes your body will not accept the testosterone for some reason. I am schedule for more blood work tomorrow which will be 7 days after my previous shot.

I'm not sure if he tested me for free T or total I will have to find that out tomorrow...

Testomaster is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T20 View Post
    My doctor has prescribed me a 200mg shot every 14 days which, according to him, is enough to maintain a T level between 800 and 900. I was tested 10 days after my shot and was at about 250. He said that it was very strange and then told me that sometimes your body will not accept the testosterone for some reason. I am schedule for more blood work tomorrow which will be 7 days after my previous shot.

I'm not sure if he tested me for free T or total I will have to find that out tomorrow...
    I think 200mg every 14 days is good for hypogonadic people with little/no muscle mass .

People who train and make a kind of stressful life need 200mg/week at least.

ZonaDave is offline Member

i never heard of anyone not accepting testosterone. you should talk to him about doing weekly shots. it might just be a matter of needing the T more frequently. if your body is using it fast, then your levels will be low on your blood draw day. most guys are on weekly or semi-weekly shot schedules.

TheKing. is offline Junior Member
    I was having the same problem as you when I was taking 100mg weekly. Then somehow, I started self injecting 200 mg every week for last 10 weeks
    and my test today came back at 1400 free. I think you need to take it weekly and at a higher doses so that the test saturates your body and additional testosterone receptors will come to be active. When you are taking 200mg every two weeks, first that is too long a duration between shots. The flow needs to be constant for your body to become accustomed to levels that higher levels, not just for the first 4-5 days then a gradual down. You should try 200mg weekly, it worked for me and I thought I was hopeless. You need to get those receptors active again and your blood needs to be saturated with test constantly.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

You should have decent levels if your next test is 7 days after injecting 200MG.
    You should inject 100mg every week and see what that does. I crash and burn if I go 2 weeks.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    This is kind of a long post and I really appreciate any help.

I am now 24 and have had low T levels for nearly my entire life... I have tried many of the pills (clomid, arimidex ) with little success. I also have been lifting on and off (mostly on) for the last 9 years; with a consistent T level below 300. I've always been able to build muscle very easy and very fast. My body weight has been maintained between 180 and 215 at 5'10" with very little body fat. I have nearly all other symptoms of low T besides this.

I have a couple of questions... First, How is it possible to build so much muscle with T levels fluctuating between 100 and 300?

Now the most important question...

I have been on a trt cycle of test cyp. for about 6 months now, and through many blood tests STILL HAVE T LEVELS BELOW 300! My doctor has just told me that some people's bodies do not except testosterone for some reason.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS AND IF THERE'S ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE (I have not yet taken a large dose of Test, just enough to maintain levels between 800 and 900)....

Thank you for the help
    the levels say shit about how your body is using the test - it s all about the androgen receptors. it is so much more complicated than just looking at yout t levels...why did you start hrt anyways if you did not have any symptoms? if you start ****ing with you endocrine system chances it may **** you next are pretty good!

T20
    Thanks guys that's def good news... my doc made it sound like there was nothing I could do if my body wasn't accepting the test... I got tested for my free Test levels today so i'll find out where I stand 7 days post injection...

I have a couple more questions... is it safe to maintain a higher level of test (200mg/week) long term? Does it matter how much Test you are injecting or what your free/total Test is?? for example... say I inject 200mg/week but my Test is only at 800 or so, which is considered normal.

Thanks again

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    As long as you are within range you are OK. Posts your results when you get them.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx*** View Post
    the levels say shit about how your body is using the test - it s all about the androgen receptors. it is so much more complicated than just looking at yout t levels...why did you start hrt anyways if you did not have any symptoms? if you start ****ing with you endocrine system chances it may **** you next are pretty good!
    Actually he states "I have nearly all other symptoms of low T besides this"

Thread Information