flyin2jz is offline Junior Member

weird test results after trt

ok im 38 weigh 210 and 6ft. i started trt at 100 mg per week and was tested after being on that for 2 weeks. test before starting was 218 and after the 100 a week it only went to 231. my doc wants me to inject 200 every 2 weeks and this doesnt seem like enough to even get me to 500 at the rate im going at. i really think it needs to be 200 per week to be effective. how can i get more test from the doc so i can take 200 per week. thanks for the help guys.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    does he allow you to self-inject? if so, just bump it up a little...most docs don't keep a close eye on it.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    That makes no sense. 100mg/wk to 200mg/every 2 weeks? Same dose just a bigger high and then a big crash. Retesting after only 2 weeks of TRT seems too soon. It may take a few weeks for you body to adjust. I don't get my first retest until 8 weeks. How do you feel at 100mg/wk?

i feel great, better than i have in years. i think he was thinking that higher than 250 is fine. i can just feel when it seems to go lower. he gave me 100mg a week ago and said to come back in 3 weeks to get another shot and he will teach me how to do them at home. heck if it was only 231 after 100mg only one week before my last blood work its really gonna be low after 3 weeks. im going to make a appointment for next week.

Your Dr is not up on proper TRT. 100mg every three weeks? That is ridiculous. Most start at 100mg/week. Run that for 6-8 weeks and re-test your levels. Adjust as needed. All he is doing is putting you on a rollercoaster. Feel great for a week then crash and feel like crap for two weeks.

Weekly smaller doses are far more stable than a large dose every 2-3 weeks. 100mg is not a large dose especially as low as your numbers are. Good friend of mine has numbers just slightly lower than yours. He is on 150mg/week and that raised him up to the low 600's.

thanx silver bolt, i was thinking the exact same thing. TOo many ups and downs. I just hate to bust his balls about it because he is pretty good about letting me do my own injections so i can tweak it from there. He never even brought up patches or creams went straight to injections. I was thinking yea this guys great. Made a big difference in my quality of life so far and im only at 230. cant wait for 600. thanks for helpin me out

You may need to hold your Doc's hand a little. When you go back in next time tell him that you felt great for the first 5-7 days and then felt terrible. Explain the rollercoaster feeling and that perhaps weekly injections would help stabilize your levels. If your next test is two weeks after your last shot my bet is your levels will be lower than when you started.

Thread Information