zap427 is offline New Member

Need help with lab results

Hi Folks,

This is my first post in this forum; although I have been studying the information here for some time. I am a 54 year old male and have exercised most of my adult life. Currently I am 5â?? 9 and 200 pounds with about 16% body fat (yea I need cardio).

Recently I have experienced less than ideal symptoms of low testosterone . I ran it by my doctor and she agreed to blood test as part of my annual physical. I took along the recommended blood panel from Dr. Crisler site. While she agreed to most of the tests others she would not. Her decision was based on insurance payments rather than not thinking the test was needed. Below are some of the critical numbers that I would love to get input on.

Cortisol 15.9 UG/DL
    Estradiol 21.4 PG/ML
    Testosterone 754.7 (250-950) NG/DL
    TSH 2.04 (0.38-7.0) UIU/ML
    Free Testosterone 10.7 PG/ML
    Reference range
    30-39 8.7-25.1
    40-49 6.8-21.5
    50-59 7.2-24
    ALK Phosphatase 63 (26-126) U/L
    Bilirubin Total 0.4 (0.2-1.2) MG/DL
    Direct Bilirubin 0.1 (0-0.3) MG/DL
    AST (SGOT) 29 (0-46) U/L
    ALT (SGPT) 30 (6-40) U/L

I have tried to compare these with other numbers on the forum and it looks like my free testosterone could be low. I am feeling rundown with little sex drive and hardness is not where it should be when I do have sex. Any insight you could share would be great.

Thanks,
    Zap

ruffcute is offline Associate Member
    yes free test seems on the low end if im reading it correctly, maybe go to a doctor who doesnt focus on the payments. Other members can help you more Im sure

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    What symptoms are u experiencing. That blood test looks pretty good to me, especially at the age of 54 (which I am ) :-)

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    If I were you, Id find a male doctor. For some reason, women doctors dont seem to be willing to work with us like a male doctor will!

Thread Information