bbrock is offline Junior Member

Estrogen levels and a few other questions

Hello I have been reading the forum for a few weeks. The information that i have found on here has been great. I am 36 weigh 370 and 6'4. I have been diagnosed as a diabetic and i have low-t. My total test is 281, Estrogen is 151 but the reference range said 130 or less. My T3 was 1.8 on a scale of.40 to 4.50. I have gotten my diet in line and i am in the gym. My Doc gave me a 200 ml of cyp and told me to come back a month later to test. She said she would like my test to be between 600-700. Almost immediatly after the injection my mood and motivation started to improve. Honestly i havn't felt this good in years. The cyp has been great but i am concerned about my ellevated estrogen levels. I don't think my doctor has much experience with trt but she is very willing to help. Does anyone have any sugestions about what to do for the estrogen levels. One other question. My wife wants to have another child in the next year or so. Is their something to keep the swimmers going while on trt. If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    I personally think you might have been able to get away from using any test and just use an AI to lower your E levels which in turn would mean a raise in your test levels. Doing this would also mean no worries about messing up your systems ability to produce test.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just by getting you weight down and doing some cardio will also boost your test levels.

yeah i have started on the cardio. Ive already lost about 25lbs, but when you have so much to loose it comes a little easier. I just got so excited about my doc wanting to help that i didn't even think about estrogen blocker. Does anyone know what my readings should be on the estrogen test. The only thing it says is under 130. Ive read that you should have some estrogen but how much.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would not be to concered about the estrogen at that low level of Test but if you are a little research here using the search feature and you will find all you need to know.

Also 1 shot and come back in a month ;( That's bad, you will crash LONG before that. Most docs who do NOT know what they are doing will recommend 1 shot every 2 weeks, that's bad also because the test will go from high to low. you want to keep it level so one shot a week is better.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    I would be slightly concerned with starting of with already elevated E2 levels as you are going to have some aromatization with test C which will bump that even high. I would go on low dose AI and like the rest said hit the Cardio every morning.
    That once a month shot crap is no good your doc need to research the ester half life and reevaluate that idea pronto. At the most every 2 weeks and that still makes for a bumpy riding test levels.

nonotone is offline Associate Member
    ----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:56 AM.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by konateh View Post
    wrong..

--

Prolonged calorie deficiency and weightloss will lower both your t3, test and estrogen. Remember to cross off free t3, free t4 & free test when taking your blood tests next time when you have lost some weight, you will most likely be diagnosed with hypothyrodism and put on some medications for this.

Next, you need to make your doctor aware of your estrogen problems and how to deal with them and discuss how to approach this. Prolonged blockage of estrogen can cause some nasty side-effects on cognition...

Good luck, stick to a healthy lifestyle!

wrong...

By dropping bf, you will lower the amount of T that gets converted to E2. Thus, increasing free T.

I and many others here have experience with starting trt with a higher than average bf. And I agree with most of the posts here. You could have tried an AI alone and probably seen your free t go up. Once a month shot is not good - once a week is the way to go. You need to try and get control of your E2 as it will get really out of control with the introduction of injected T. As you lose bf, you will have to adjust your dose of your AI down as you will not be converting as much t to e.

My advise to you is to drop as much bf as you can quickly while not doing anything unhealthy, get your t dose up to 100mg's/week, get your doc to write you a script for an AI - probably Arimidex , and if your ins is paying for all of this get your blood work done after every 25lb's of bf loss. Adjust all med's after results are in. if you are losing 2 lbs/week, that would be every 12 weeks. You will still have to play around with the AI to get it dialed in during those 12 weeks. If you are around 6-700 total t then your e2 should be 20-30.

clozto50 is offline New Member
    Listen to flatscat he is on the right track.Remember more fat = more estrogen bottom line,its a vicious cycle.Yes 200mg wkly is the way,a more steady hormone level.

hey thanks guys. Flat that is what i was thinking but i didn't know what my estrogen should be. will getting my estrogen down help with losing BF?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrock View Post
    hey thanks guys. Flat that is what i was thinking but i didn't know what my estrogen should be. will getting my estrogen down help with losing BF?
    no, yes, not directly....

it should cause you to drop some fluid. and your free t should increase - so if you are working out it should be easier than it is now to increase lean mass.

Thread Information