bobofet is offline Associate Member

Compound test vs. brand name?

I am just starting TRT and was sent my first batch of test cyp 200mg. It is mfg by a compounding pharmacy. Is this test as good as brand name? Does anyone have experience with both?

kickinit is offline Member
    I have used both, but if you have insurance BRAND NAME is alot better price. Most compounding pharmacies dont take insurance too.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    i was on compounded T for 10 months and i was paying $49/10cc vial because they told me my co-pay would be $50. i was also on compunded anastrozole and that was costing me $63 for a months supply.

i recently switched doctors and thought i'd try CVS to see what my insurance would cover. they can't tell you that over the phone so you pretty much have to buy it to find out so i gave it a shot. as it turns out, my monthly supply of Arimidex was $32 and the Sandoz T was $15/10cc vial!

i haven't taken the brand name T yet so i can't comment on any difference but i can tell you that Arimidex feels stronger than the compounded anastrozole. i'll know more about a-dex effectiveness when i get my blood tested next month.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm on TRT . National chain drug stores are ridiculous . I would find a independent pharmacy and look at generics . Testosterone varies tremendously in price . You might be surprised . I use the compounding pharmacy because I also get deca and HCG .

bobofet is offline Associate Member
    Well I was really just wondering if the quality was generally the same.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    as far as quality goes, it really depends on the compound pharmacy you're using. i'm sure some put out bad stuff while others put out great stuff.

i would go brand name or generic first because it will most likely have better quality and price.

it's hard enough getting a TRT protocol dialed in without second guessing the quality of the products you're using.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I would think quality is similar if reputable pharmacy is used.

For me it is all about whether my insurance covers or not.

Arimidex /anastrozole horridly expensive with out insurance in pharmacy or compounding.

Test is pretty much always inexpensive.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I am sure they have to be close. 200mg/ml is 200mg/ml! pone might just be a little lower dosed than ohters but unless having it tested, you will never know for sure

Thread Information