Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erotic1

Thread: Insurance stopped paying for Test

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member

Insurance stopped paying for Test

My insurance was paying for my Testosterone Cypionate for the last two years ago and all of a sudden stopped. This sucks. I'm probably reaching here but I'm wondering if they'll pay for an alternatice form of Test; at least, that is what the lady on the phone told me to ask my doc, if there is something else to prescribe in place of. Anybody have any ideas to get around this?

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    I would see if they will give you Testosterone Propionate it is almost a one for one compared to Cypionate .

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Grappler View Post
    My insurance was paying for my Testosterone Cypionate for the last two years ago and all of a sudden stopped. This sucks. I'm probably reaching here but I'm wondering if they'll pay for an alternatice form of Test; at least, that is what the lady on the phone told me to ask my doc, if there is something else to prescribe in place of. Anybody have any ideas to get around this?
    What insurance is that?

I'm sure they are paying for some old chick to use Estradiol Progesterone, and sometime small bits of Andro gel too.

I would inquire about it, and if need be get a free consult from an attorney.

On the plus side, cyp is not expensive out of pocket. 100 dollars should cover 2 months, thats a low price when you think about it.

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    Whats your dose, pharmacy test is fairly cheap and at 100mg per week your looking at $100 for 20 weeks.

GetTheRage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakdad View Post
    I would see if they will give you Testosterone Propionate it is almost a one for one compared to Cypionate.
    Wrong prop isn't even close to test c.
    Ones a long ester and ones a very short one.
    Test e and c are the ones that are very close.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ true and if your on trt for life you not going to like all the pinning,as mentioned above the good news is that test c is not expensive

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    I have Aetna. I'm on 180mg/wk.

alpmaster is offline Member
    I have Aetna. I'm on 180mg/wk.
    Should be around <$450 per year..

But I'm sure this post will get deleted for saying that haha.

But anyway, consult with an attorney or try to fight it out with the doc or insurance, did they mention any reason for stopping it?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    ditto what meathead said and i'd be PISSED

erotic1 is offline New Member

AETNA Rip Off Report - Test Cypinoiate

Quote Originally Posted by BOB89 View Post
    Whats your dose, pharmacy test is fairly cheap and at 100mg per week your looking at $100 for 20 weeks.
    I also have Aetna and it is NOT covered under your pharmacy plan it is covered under your medical insurance policy. Most of us have a deductible , mine is $2000 it since I am pretty healthy I never make up that deductible. You must also get the drug through Aetna's Specialty Pharmacy. They send you 10, 1cc bottles for a whopping $246.72 including free shipping. This absolutely crazy.
    jessejamez69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB89 View Post
    I have a legitimate prescription for testosterone cypionate and my insurance company will basically not cover it accept under my medical insurance plan which has a $2000 deductible. I have searched all around the 'net for legitimate pharmacies the cheapest I can find is from DrugStore.com $88.98 for 200mg/10cc.

This makes me nuts since this is the same stuff I am been buying illegally for 15 years at $40 a bottle. Even my local pharmacy Walgreens charges $110 for 10cc's. CVS is $114 for 10ccs. Aetna's Specialty Pharmacy charges $254 for 10, 1cc vials. This is CRAZY!

Does anyone know a legal source (meaning my doctor will call in the script) and who has a better price than $88.98?

Thank you!

Aetna sucks!

This one really takes the cake. Look at this response I got from Aetna about purchasing Test Cyp from their Specialty Pharmacy:

"I have contacted Aetna Specialty Pharmacy and spoken to XYZABC. She
    said that the $57.72 that you were quoted was for someone that was self
    pay with no insurance. She said once they received your Aetna insurance
    information, the negotiated fee of $192.39 would be applied instead of
    the $57.72. If you have any questions you would need to contact Aetna
    Specialty Pharmacy at 866-782-2779."

IS THIS INSANE OR WHAT??

So to someone without insurance the retail of the drug is $57.72 but if your insured, even with Aetna, Aetna's specialty pharmacy will charge the insurance company $192.39 for the same drug. Then the insurance company bills the insured the same amount. This is why our health care system is so messed up.
    Last edited by erotic1; 08-05-2009 at 02:39 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Red tape

fvckheads

JinNtonic is offline Member
    retarded... should be illegal.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Have your doctor file an appeal with your insurance. Often this will work if your doctor says the meds are essential to your health.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    Have your doctor file an appeal with your insurance. Often this will work if your doctor says the meds are essential to your health.
    I agree w/ A l i n 100%. Sorry to hijack but could you pm me, A l i n?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    In California there is some sort of State insurance program that lowers the cost of drugs not covered by your plan.

I have Aetna now and I used to get vials for copay with a different company. Then I had to pay retail, then the Pharmacist got me this discount through the State of California that dropped the cost by 40%.

starkiller is offline Associate Member
    This happend to me today Iam with CIGNA and they refused to pay for t-cyp100mg 10cc, cost me $70.00 looks like ill be looking for cheaper means as the doc said I may be doing this for life.

Thread Information