THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Pharmacy changed from 10ML to 1ML Help

My script is for 1ML a week and my pharmacy used to give me a 10ML bottle monthly. They changed brands and now I get 4 1ML bottles. Anyone know a national pharmacy that still does the larger size? I think I remeber Wallgreens did.
    Thanks

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    My script is for 1ML a week and my pharmacy used to give me a 10ML bottle monthly. They changed brands and now I get 4 1ML bottles. Anyone know a national pharmacy that still does the larger size? I think I remeber Wallgreens did.
    Thanks
    never had probs at cvs, publix, walmart, and believe target ...hopefully its not insurance causing the problem

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    So I assume that your using more than your script then. I know Walmart stocks the 10ml bottles and the amps. Why not have your doc rewrite your script?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I found a pharmacy with 10ML vials. I actually called around and said I had arthritis and needed a bigger bottle so I could hold onto it. Whatever you got to do....

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow prescribed 10ml per month? Thats quite the dose to be prescribed!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Thanks
    Why would they give you 10ml per month when you are on 1 ml a week, that doesnt add up!!

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Why would they give you 10ml per month when you are on 1 ml a week, that doesn't add up!!
    My insurance will let me refill once a month. If I go somewhere that only carries 10ML, then that's what I get.

Subotai is offline Junior Member
    My insurance will let me refill once a month. If I go somewhere that only carries 10ML, then that's what I get.
    Sounds like you are a lucky man

Why would they give you 10ml per month when you are on 1 ml a week, that doesnt add up!!
    10ml is the normal fill...and the little 1ml vials are coming out recently...but usually they give a 10ml vial and i hope it doesnt change

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    10ml is the normal fill...and the little 1ml vials are coming out recently...but usually they give a 10ml vial and i hope it doesnt change
    So in your country they give out 10mls worth of Test per month for 4 mls worth of test what you have been prescribed for the month?

So in your country they give out 10mls worth of Test per month for 4 mls worth of test what you have been prescribed for the month?
    YES...i've been on trt for 4 years...even though my prescribed dose has always been 200mg e3weeks i've had very little problem picking up a 10ml vial every month as the above posters mentioned...problems occur when nosey pharmacists start doing the math and asking questions...since i dont have insurance i only refill as needed when i had insurance i refilled every month as to have some for rainy day and glad i did ...i used my stock pile for a little over a year...arimidex too...i had 9 bottles surplus at one time...lmao...funny thing i made a hall of shame thread...try to find it arimidex and a sweet potatoe....rofl....
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 12-24-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: felt like adding yes to the post

wifor is offline Junior Member
    Yep, this happenned to me also. I'm getting the 1 ml vials instead of the 10 ml bottle because of insurance. It only costs me $5 though. If I want to get the 10 ml bottle then it would cost me about $125 for tthe 10ml bottle. I'm cheap so I stuck with the 1 ml vials.

Quote Originally Posted by wifor View Post
    Yep, this happenned to me also. I'm getting the 1 ml vials instead of the 10 ml bottle because of insurance. It only costs me $5 though. If I want to get the 10 ml bottle then it would cost me about $125 for tthe 10ml bottle. I'm cheap so I stuck with the 1 ml vials.
    not being wasteful isnt cheap....if i only got 1ml amps i'd be in trouble cuz my written dose isnt enuff its only 200mg e3w

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    insurance was running out dec 31 so i called doc and told him.he wrote new script that said dispense 3 10 ml bottles so right now i have 11 bottles in reserve and get 3 every month.Guy at the pharm says insurance isnt gion to pay and i told him to just give me what scrips says and let me worry about insurance.Got three refills waitin and 11 bottles in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by ecsaaron View Post
    insurance was running out dec 31 so i called doc and told him.he wrote new script that said dispense 3 10 ml bottles so right now i have 11 bottles in reserve and get 3 every month.Guy at the pharm says insurance isnt gion to pay and i told him to just give me what scrips says and let me worry about insurance.Got three refills waitin and 11 bottles in the bank
    good for you...so how much are u out of pocket if insurance doesnt buck up?

Thread Information