mang is offline New Member

NJ Doctor reccomendation? kinda desperate.

Can anyone recommend a decent doctor in NJ that they had a good experience with ? I haven't found any Endo's with good reviews and my GP is a nice guy but I am not sure if he know' s what hes doing with this sort of problem. He gave me a blood test for Low-testosterone symptoms, Test came back 231 ng/dl. He prescribed me Androgel (6 month supply) and said once my levels are normal I can go off of it, but from what I have read(Everywhere) Once I go on this stuff for a while my body will not be able to produce any more test at all, naturally. I am in dire need of help asap be cause I have not felt right(physically and mentally) since I was 16-17 years old. I am now 23 and its starting to effect my life severely(Personality,relationship with my girlfriend and family,friendships,work,exercising,hobbies)All I want to do is feel normal again,see some gains in the gym, and have a general sense of well-being.

My symptoms are as follows:
    Low to NO sex drive,increasingly soft erections,premature ejaculation(when I am able to somewhat maintain).
    Very low energy and very easily run down. Sometimes falling asleep at the wheel on the way home from work at 4:30 pm with at least 7-8 hours sleep the night before.
    Lack of Mental Clarity,Sharpness, and very bad memory.
    Very unmotivated/very hard to actually get motivated. No desire to surf/exercise(which I both love and want to excel in)
    Very irritable and constant mood swings(a single statement or action made by someone around me can make me very angry)
    Soft sagging muscles,bad posture,very hard to gain muscle.
    Never rested after 8 hours of sleep.
    Lactating nipples sometimes,Man boobs(shape almost to a cone sometimes,REALLY SUCKS)
    Occasional blurry vision.

Thats about all I can think of right now, but I made an appointment with my GP and I plan on bringing him this list and see what he says because I can't go on like this, its no way of living. I don't even really know what to say to my doctor,but hopefully with this list, I won't really have to say anything and he'll get me the help I need. If there is something else I should do or say to better my situation or chances of getting the proper help I need, PLEASE tell me, I would seriously appreciate it.

Thanks for reading guys.

Subotai is offline Junior Member
    I used my insurance's website to find every endo in the DC/MD/VA area that was accepted, then I read reviews on every one.

Then I called every one, and just went to hte one with the shortest wait (you may have to wait like 2 months its insane)

maybe give that a try? Bad reviews or not they did have to go through medical school

Quote Originally Posted by Subotai View Post
    I used my insurance's website to find every endo in the DC/MD/VA area that was accepted, then I read reviews on every one.

Then I called every one, and just went to hte one with the shortest wait (you may have to wait like 2 months its insane)

maybe give that a try? Bad reviews or not they did have to go through medical school
    I did the same as well and nothing good came up. There is one endocrinologist in my insurance that I heard by numerous people that is very good but she is booked for 6 months minimum(sucks). I do agree with you about the medical school thing but, I really am sick of process of elimination. I have been put on 4-5 different Anti-depressants since I was 17 and not one doctor thought to check my hormones, they just assumed it was all in my head.I just don't have the patience to wait 2 months to find out it was just a waste of time. Hopefully I can find a reputable one soon that isn't too booked cause I would feel so much better waiting if I knew for sure, it wasn't going to be a waste.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    mang - how long have you used the Androgel for, and have you seen any improvement (or did you just start)? Also, did your GP do any other blood work, or just the total Test?

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    mang - how long have you used the Androgel for, and have you seen any improvement (or did you just start)? Also, did your GP do any other blood work, or just the total Test?
    I did not even start using the Androgel because I did not want it to transfer to my girlfriend plus I wanted to get a full hormone panel done to see what other numbers are off. I have not heard good things about Androgel especially breast enlargement, I already have man boob problems and I'm not over weight. He just did Testosterone and Thyroid.

Thread Information