zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

Compound pharmacy - dea

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the DEA has authority over compound pharmacies just as much as other pharms?

Vettester is offline Banned
    jpk, I'm just taking a stab at this one and would say "Yes". I would imagine any and all pharmacies on US soil are held to the standards and guidelines regulated by the DEA.

You had mentioned in another post that you use a pharmacy in San Diego. I get a funny feeling that you're using the same place that my doctor had me go through this past month. Their prices are pretty good, and I got some fresh sesame oil "T" ... Sound like the same place?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, and the FDA gets involved with compounding pharmacies as well.

thanks guys...no vette...i HAD used a clinic that was this sites sponsor and they used a compound pharmacy in california...

reason for the post is just that i was wondering how the clinics are able to prescribe different forms of steroids other than just plain test...like deca and i hear winstrol , etc...and also a lot of times higher doses

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if the DEA has authority over compound pharmacies just as much as other pharms?
    Yes they are. In fact they are required to send samples of some of the compounds they make to the fda. The dea pays the same kind of attention to them as regular pharms. I go to a compounding pharmacy for all of my thyroid meds and the chemist explained to me that all their meds are regulated..

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    A related question, that I didn't think needed its own thread.

Is Deca available on the legal US market through any other source but a compounding pharm?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB89 View Post
    A related question, that I didn't think needed its own thread.

Is Deca available on the legal US market through any other source but a compounding pharm?
    good question ..

i'll bump my own thread for your post

Yea, I talked to my doc about it a few weeks ago, I was looking for a little for joint issues. He said that I would have to have some sort of wasting diasese to get it but won't be opposed to it if the situation warranted it. Then he laughed, so I'm not sure what he meant.

Since I'm still fighting some E2 issues, I figured I'd get that square before I explore it further. But being able to buy off the shelf for a fair price would sure beat a compounding pharm price. Since I doubt I could get insurance to bite on it.

Yea, I talked to my doc about it a few weeks ago, I was looking for a little for joint issues. He said that I would have to have some sort of wasting diasese to get it but won't be opposed to it if the situation warranted it. Then he laughed, so I'm not sure what he meant.

Since I'm still fighting some E2 issues, I figured I'd get that square before I explore it further. But being able to buy off the shelf for a fair price would sure beat a compounding pharm price. Since I doubt I could get insurance to bite on it.
    i c...

so brings another question then doesnt it...how come he cant rx deca wheter it be from a regular or compunding pharmacy but a anti aging clinic doctor can

Maybe I wrote that wrong. He could in theory script it. He just doesn't normally. He said he would have no problem scripting it for a wasting diasese but doesn't normally include it in TRT. He mentioned that using Deca in TRT would be an off label use(which I'm not sure of) and that he wanted to get everything else in order(my E2 and dosing) before discussing adding anything else.

Maybe I wrote that wrong. He could in theory script it. He just doesn't normally. He said he would have no problem scripting it for a wasting diasese but doesn't normally include it in TRT. He mentioned that using Deca in TRT would be an off label use(which I'm not sure of) and that he wanted to get everything else in order(my E2 and dosing) before discussing adding anything else.
    no i understood...but i dont remember many if any regular doctors scripting it..
    keep us posted

Yea, I keep it all up to date in my thread somewhere in here that I started when I started TRT. Next step is blood work again for me sometime in the next few weeks.

Thread Information