Hit a vein today... Is there anything I should be concerned about?

While injecting today, I clearly hit a vein. When I pulled the needle out, blood literally *shot* out of my leg about 2-3 inches. It was quite surprising and a little unnerving. Now, about 5 mins later and my quad is getting soar . Is there anything I should be concerned about? i.e. clotting? Will this have any adverse effect on my dose? I suspect not since I'm injecting bi-weekly.

As always, any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No you simply nicked a vein. It like getting a cut that bleeds. It stops and you dont worry about it again.

Just go on injecting as usual

Thanks for the heads up. At least I learned something from this; I now know that my doctor's office didn't fully explain the concept of "aspirating". I thought it was getting air bubbles out of the syringe. I didn't quite get the whole, "draw" part. [I'm sure Vetteman is rolling his eyes right about now.. I know he's big on aspirating.]

Live and learn I suppose.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 07-18-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Well do you understand the whole process now?

Vettester is offline Banned
    - LOL, it was the only smiley I could find that was rolling its eyes. Seriously, glad you're OK, Forrest. I had one last year in the glutes that went shooting out over the floor and pants, it was real freakish. That's the only time it did anything like.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    you are fine. I have nicked veins several times. Just keep to your regular routine. I actually injected a vein by mistake a few weeks ago. Now that's a party.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    you are fine. I have nicked veins several times. Just keep to your regular routine. I actually injected a vein by mistake a few weeks ago. Now that's a party.
    Im unhappy to say i have experienced that a couple of times. Its not a fun experience at all

ddss
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Well do you understand the whole process now?
    Well... if I understand it correctly; after inserting the needle, pull the plunger back just a little bit to see if I get any blood. If I do, I should remove the needle and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    I actually injected a vein by mistake a few weeks ago. Now that's a party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Im unhappy to say i have experienced that a couple of times. Its not a fun experience at all
    Really? So what's the main difference between "nicking" and injecting into a vein?
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 07-19-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    ddss

Well... if I understand it correctly; after inserting the needle, pull the plunger back just a little bit to see if I get any blood. If I do, I should remove the needle and try again.

Really? So what's the main difference between "nicking" and injecting into a vein?
    Well when you nick the vein it simply punctures it but the needle isnt push the oil in there. The oil goes into the tissue around the vein. But the vein is filling that area with blood therefore it flows back up the track that the needle made.

When you have injected in the vein it mean you either nicked it and have the needle too close releasing the oil to go through the blood stream or you are directly injecting into the vein. This oil in the vein must then pass through the blood stream and disperse.

The side effects for me are usually cold sweats, trouble breathing, nausea, dizziness, light headedness. It only last a couple of minutes but it isnt something i like to experience often

Thread Information