slayryd is offline New Member

HRT and bunch of supps=Muscle memory or a lot of water?

OK so I am 36 and I did steroids for like 5 years in my 20's and have worked out on and off since I was 18. About 2 months ago I went on hrt after having a T level of 220 free T was double digit and e2 was 40. So my hrt people have a program that is 150mg Te per week,600iu hcg 2x per week, 25mg clomid ED,.25 arimidex ED. Started with that. Then I got all my supps. Taking 500mg resvertrol,300mg DIM,1000mg efa,5000iu D3,saw palmetto,glucosamine chondroiton, No-explode nt pre workout,10 grams creatine with dextrose transport post workout, 1 packet shakeology,and syntha 6 protien.

Now at 45 days I had new blood work T went to 1024 free T 205 and E2 34 so they said I couled up my dose of T. Since it is pricey from them and I have a reputable source for sustanon 350 I am supplementing .3cc of sust with my normal injections. So admittedly I am doing a little more than prescribed I am at 350mg per week instead of 250.

Here is my qeustion that I would like some opinions on. First I have been sedentary for about 3-4 yrs and have ballooned up to 6' 320lbs. The last cycle I was on 10 years ago I got to about 250lbs at 15%bf. I have been working out like I did back then not all my strength is back cuz its only been 2 1/2 months. But I get stronger every workout. Been working out 6 days a week and doing cardio 3 days. Alos I have been eating significantly cleaner and way more protien.

BUT I HAVE GAINED SIX POUNDS. WTF Every day I eat a little cleaner do more cardio and when I step on scale next day have gained weight????

So I know some of it is water but my body LOOKS like a have lost weight. Could it be muscle memory stimulated by the T and I am gaing back muscle at an amazing rate? Feedback please

Also

oh also I am doing b-12 and b-complex injections 2x per week

bump

help please

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    The weight gain could be from water as test is know to make you hold some water. I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week and weight 4-5 times a week. I am on HRT as well but have only gone as high as 300mgs per week. My doc prescribe me phentermine 37.5 mgs and I couldnt hardly make my self eat. could only choke down 1 chicken breast a day and several 40-50 gram protein shakes. I now eat around 2500 cals a day, mainly protein and green veggies and have lost 70 lbs and have made some serious gains in the gym as well. Currently I am breaking the phentermine tabs in half and have gotten my personality back and sleeping a lot better. Good Luck!

Vettester is offline Banned
    Sorry, but I just don't quite get your program. 600iu x 2/wk of HCG seems a little steep for HRT purposes (IMO), but then you have Clomid in there too. Why are you running Clomid when you're on HCG? I actually had a conversation with a AA doc one day about 'stuff' in general, and he was real opposed to running the two simultaneously.

As far as water or muscle, I dunno. Everyone is different. If you have a before & after shot we can look at we might get a better idea.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    how high was your estrogen? my guess is water retention.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Start by dumping the creatine. There really is zero benefit from taking it for your purposes and it will cause you to retain water.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    Start by dumping the creatine. There really is zero benefit from taking it for your purposes and it will cause you to retain water.
    Good catch, Ed. You're exactly right. Creatine will just give you the bloats and make things worse.

Heck, drop the NO-Xplode, too. That "AVPT" shit? It's a combo of various creatine's. That stuff is not conducive to reducing bloat. If you need a pre-workout supplement, Jack3d is pretty effective and very basic. Not a bunch of fluff and fillers -- and no creatine.

yep been thinking of trying the jacked instead of no-explode. And I guess everybodys consenus is water. Wether from gear or creatine. Since I am on the fitness path and very dedicated again the scale really doesn't matter to me right now just my measurements and body composition. But had never experienced this much water before. I can actually tell the difference with and without creatine so will finish what I have on hand at least. As far as HCG and clomid together it is very common PCT stack but these anti aging doctors have me on it permanently. I will be staying on HCG for sure because it has been shown to be super safe. The clomid on the other hand I may save up and cycle at higher dose a couple times a year instead of taking daily.

marineone888 is offline New Member
    Heck, drop the NO-Xplode, too. That "AVPT" shit? It's a combo of various creatine's. That stuff is not conducive to reducing bloat. If you need a pre-workout supplement, Jack3d is pretty effective and very basic. Not a bunch of fluff and fillers -- and no creatine.
    I think your wrong about Jack3d. Jack3d lists Creatine Monohydrate an ingredient. Their website goes into great detail as to why they put creatine into the blend.

Quote Originally Posted by marineone888 View Post
    I think your wrong about Jack3d. Jack3d lists Creatine Monohydrate an ingredient. Their website goes into great detail as to why they put creatine into the blend.
    Sonofabish...you're absolutely right! So, nevermind the advice on the Jack3d. There are other N.O. supplements out there that don't have creatine. I'll be looking for one.

BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    Sonofabish...you're absolutely right! So, nevermind the advice on the Jack3d. There are other N.O. supplements out there that don't have creatine. I'll be looking for one.

How about some oats, L-Arginine and a 20 oz coffee? Works for me.

Got tired of cooking the oats every morning. Now I powder them in a coffee grinder and drink them with a scoop of whey in milk (shaken). Hot or cold this is pretty good.

Thread Information