Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    105

    Minor Testosterone Therapy - Plausible?

    I was just curious if the experts here could comment on this thinking: Say one enters their mid to late 30's and life is just fine. No real issues hormonally. One can still get erect when one needs to, but days of sex being thrilling and explosive are gone. It still feels good, you still have nice finishes, but your semen volume is 1/3 what it used to be.

    Thinking back to those days in your 20's where you would literally feel lightning shoot through your body as you saw a hot girl, the tingling, and then the sensation of just HAVING TO HAVE SEX because you were overwhelmed with libido .... all of that is gone.

    Erections are okay but they're not solid and sustained. You dont really need Viagra at all, but wearing a condom is a nightmare. Constricting and you go to about 70% hard somewhat often.

    Stuff is just basically blah. Blah is the word.

    I got my testosterone tested and i was on the low end. The number escapes me but it was basically equivilent to the description above. The low end of normal, dipping below the low end a little bit.

    I have had testogel and every time I put the stuff on, my life transforms. It only takes about a day or two, and suddenly I feel alive again, less lethargic, and I shock myself with the ability to re-experience sexual thoughts, feelins, and nuances that I forgot I used to experience when I was 23. Even tiny things like appreciation for the curve in a beautiful womans legs ... that kind of thing just mysteriously returns.

    It doesnt feel like "overkill". I dont feel like im taking "too much" testosterone. It just feels like a little "bump".

    So my question: Is it possible to do testosterone replacement therapy that kicks you up just a notch from low normal to "normal-normal" and be able to do that safely, and finally enjoy getting back in alignment hormonally and socially and sexually ?

    Im aware that supplementing externally like this causes internal shut down. But whereas someone on testosterone therapy might take 100mg of the stuff I may only need 10mg or 20mg ....

    Is my thinking right?

  2. #2
    peachfuzz's Avatar
    peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,534
    Testosterone replacement therapy is a lifetime commitment. You can not take small amounts in hopes it will add to your own levels if that is what you are asking. exogenous testosterone will suppress your own production. As far as getting you in the normal range that is the whole point of TRT. Your doctor will monitor your bloodwork and adjust your dosages accordingly settlin on what that is suitable for you to maintain healthy ranges.

  3. #3
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    I'm no expert, but i've been down the road you are on. I'm not sure at what level of external test your system shuts down.

    Here is my limited understanding on the subject... others may correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure they will.

    Your body has a "preset" test level that it checks for. Say it's set at 300. You add 50 (a miniscule amount) and it temporarily goes to 350. But like any thermostat, it says... uh oh.... too high. So it shuts down til it falls below 300 when it kicks back in again. That is why things like tribbilus (again, spelling) really has no real impact on testosterone , because what ever miniscule short term gains, your body will compensate by producing less.

    With testosterone, it is an "all or nothing" gig. You either take enough to exceed your 300 (in this example), or you leave it alone.

    When you take testosterone, you have to realize you will shut down your feedback loop, at least temporarily.

  4. #4
    BillyBob210's Avatar
    BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Monticello, Fl
    Posts
    132
    And who wouldn't want to feel that way everyday?

  5. #5
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm no expert, but i've been down the road you are on. I'm not sure at what level of external test your system shuts down.

    Here is my limited understanding on the subject... others may correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure they will.

    Your body has a "preset" test level that it checks for. Say it's set at 300. You add 50 (a miniscule amount) and it temporarily goes to 350. But like any thermostat, it says... uh oh.... too high. So it shuts down til it falls below 300 when it kicks back in again. That is why things like tribbilus (again, spelling) really has no real impact on testosterone , because what ever miniscule short term gains, your body will compensate by producing less.

    With testosterone, it is an "all or nothing" gig. You either take enough to exceed your 300 (in this example), or you leave it alone.

    When you take testosterone, you have to realize you will shut down your feedback loop, at least temporarily.
    that is my understanding as well...

    op...how much were you taking and for how long when you got your mojo back...i'd have to say i exerienced similar at a similar age and also got similar results from one packet (5mg) of androgel ed which adds up to 35mg ew...

    we're all different...interesting post i read in the other thread about the weight gain...glad for you

  6. #6
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Hypothetically speaking, if one were in their mid-to-late 30's, with testosterone levels at the low end of the range, and low libido issues, then that would be all the better reason for that individual to get on a structured TRT regiment.

    I'll stick my neck out and tell you why your semen fluid levels are down, which is also correlated to the low "T" levels. Probably (not positive) you are experiencing secondary hypogonadism. If my suspicions are correct then you probably have low LH/FSH levels. In a nutshell, (no pun) these hormones can make or break testicular productivity.

    I know exactly what you're saying about the amount of fluid, or lack thereof, especially compared to the younger version of me in my 20's. I was in the same boat, even on TRT. TRT brought back a lot of the libido, but the finished product still wasn't anything like the old days.

    BUT WAIT, then I discovered HCG and implemented it into my program. I can tell you absolutely without a doubt that the finished product is bigger and better than it's ever been in my entire life. I figured one shot (maybe two) was as good as it will get after 40. Now try 6 or 7 with a euphoric sensation to die for!

    Anyways, in my case it was because of declining LH levels for who knows how many years. The advancement of science, technology and medicine has made us the fortunate generation that can evade many symptoms of the aging process. You can have it better than did you in your 20's if you choose to do so.

  7. #7
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    105
    Thanks to everyone for the extremely polite and helpful responses.

    My biggest concerns are the risks associated. Maybe the experts can comment on this. Do you think that maybe our body is SUPPOSED to knock us down a few notches from horny, hairy, testosterone dripping beasts so that our heart and our prostates dont explode by age 50? Maybe reducing testosterone naturally actually provides protection against heart disease and prostate cancer. Those men who stay horny and virile well into their 50's may also be the guys who cant urinate by age 60.

    Maybe we're playing with fire to try and retain our "20-something" virility? Not what God intended, even if the tradeoff is that we end up with more estrogen than our wives by age 50, and look like grandma-men?

    To answer the one question - how much provides results: I can typically rub on a half packet for about 2-3 days and instantly notice a difference. After 4 days on a half packet, I had marathon sex that was oustanding. Seems like such a tiny kick. No injections needed. Just a little bit of gel on my shoulders. Just a tad bit of gel, and I took care of business on this girl for a solid 3-4 hours. I saw myself just craving more and more. Thats exactly how I was in my 20's. Ejaculation actually caught 3 feet of "air" and hit her in the face. Unheard of!! insanely unheard of! Usually its an oozing dribble! How immasculating is that ? .... ugh.

    I ran into irritatingly unwelcoming doctors when I went to get my T levels checked. Urologists are used to seeing old graying men with prostate problems. They look at me, who could pass for 25 easily, and laugh me out of the room when I tell them my T levels are low, and I feel blah.

    -P-

  8. #8
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Priapism View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the extremely polite and helpful responses.

    My biggest concerns are the risks associated. Maybe the experts can comment on this. Do you think that maybe our body is SUPPOSED to knock us down a few notches from horny, hairy, testosterone dripping beasts so that our heart and our prostates dont explode by age 50? Maybe reducing testosterone naturally actually provides protection against heart disease and prostate cancer. Those men who stay horny and virile well into their 50's may also be the guys who cant urinate by age 60.

    Maybe we're playing with fire to try and retain our "20-something" virility? Not what God intended, even if the tradeoff is that we end up with more estrogen than our wives by age 50, and look like grandma-men?

    To answer the one question - how much provides results: I can typically rub on a half packet for about 2-3 days and instantly notice a difference. After 4 days on a half packet, I had marathon sex that was oustanding. Seems like such a tiny kick. No injections needed. Just a little bit of gel on my shoulders. Just a tad bit of gel, and I took care of business on this girl for a solid 3-4 hours. I saw myself just craving more and more. Thats exactly how I was in my 20's. Ejaculation actually caught 3 feet of "air" and hit her in the face. Unheard of!! insanely unheard of! Usually its an oozing dribble! How immasculating is that ? .... ugh.

    I ran into irritatingly unwelcoming doctors when I went to get my T levels checked. Urologists are used to seeing old graying men with prostate problems. They look at me, who could pass for 25 easily, and laugh me out of the room when I tell them my T levels are low, and I feel blah.

    -P-
    interesting points, theories, and observations...oh AND VISUALS priap...love the olympics competition with the "BROAD" JUMP

  9. #9
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    105
    My biggest concerns are the risks associated. Maybe the experts can comment on this. Do you think that maybe our body is SUPPOSED to knock us down a few notches from horny, hairy, testosterone dripping beasts so that our heart and our prostates dont explode by age 50? Maybe reducing testosterone naturally actually provides protection against heart disease and prostate cancer. Those men who stay horny and virile well into their 50's may also be the guys who cant urinate by age 60.

    Maybe we're playing with fire to try and retain our "20-something" virility? Not what God intended, even if the tradeoff is that we end up with more estrogen than our wives by age 50, and look like grandma-men?

  10. #10
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Priapism View Post
    My biggest concerns are the risks associated. Maybe the experts can comment on this. Do you think that maybe our body is SUPPOSED to knock us down a few notches from horny, hairy, testosterone dripping beasts so that our heart and our prostates dont explode by age 50? Maybe reducing testosterone naturally actually provides protection against heart disease and prostate cancer. Those men who stay horny and virile well into their 50's may also be the guys who cant urinate by age 60.

    Maybe we're playing with fire to try and retain our "20-something" virility? Not what God intended, even if the tradeoff is that we end up with more estrogen than our wives by age 50, and look like grandma-men?
    Really TRT is about how you feel. If you are seeing an endo there are other options out there such as HCG and Clomid therepy. Some have had good success with trying a restart. Before i started TRT i tried everything possible and in the end TRT is a great program for me! Good luck!

  11. #11
    BillyBob210's Avatar
    BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Monticello, Fl
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Priapism View Post
    My biggest concerns are the risks associated. Maybe the experts can comment on this. Do you think that maybe our body is SUPPOSED to knock us down a few notches from horny, hairy, testosterone dripping beasts so that our heart and our prostates dont explode by age 50? Maybe reducing testosterone naturally actually provides protection against heart disease and prostate cancer. Those men who stay horny and virile well into their 50's may also be the guys who cant urinate by age 60.

    Maybe we're playing with fire to try and retain our "20-something" virility? Not what God intended, even if the tradeoff is that we end up with more estrogen than our wives by age 50, and look like grandma-men?
    Nature didn't knock me down.....I did that to myself with poor lifestyle and diet choices. All choices were a conscious decision on my part ..just like starting TRT was.....to rectify some of the damage from my bad decisions.

  12. #12
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    105
    its about how you feel
    If that's the only criteria, then I feel incredible when I am using testogel. Im just afraid that kicking myself into sexual overdrive all the time might be dangerous.

    How do you guys keep a constant monitor of your hormone levels with the incredible cost associated with each test? Even within 1 day the levels fluctuate so much that a test in the morning might seem invalid by evening. Just curious how you really know and how you afford the repeat repeat repeat tests.

  13. #13
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Priapism View Post
    If that's the only criteria, then I feel incredible when I am using testogel. Im just afraid that kicking myself into sexual overdrive all the time might be dangerous.

    How do you guys keep a constant monitor of your hormone levels with the incredible cost associated with each test? Even within 1 day the levels fluctuate so much that a test in the morning might seem invalid by evening. Just curious how you really know and how you afford the repeat repeat repeat tests.
    Once a person is dialed in pretty good with their program, he can get a deluxe male panel from a place like privatemdlabs for approx. $130 with coupon included. I believe running these labs every 3 months is the way to go, then also run a ultimate lab at least once a year, which is even more comprehensive and is about $255 with coupon applied.

    You mentioned playing with fire in a earlier post and something to the extent of going against God's design. Well if we look at it from that standpoint then maybe we're doing the right thing after all. People used to live 800+ years if you go by the scripture of God. Maybe man has declined over the generations due to various lifestyle and elemental reasons, and maybe all we're doing is finding away to recapture a piece of what our original design was intended to be. I frankly don't subscribe to any of this thinking, but just throwing it out as a response to your concern.
    Last edited by Vettester; 08-21-2010 at 10:12 PM.

  14. #14
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    105
    Well my trip to Brazil is over and therefore so was my week of using Testogel About three days post - I was a mess. Just felt like hell. Unexplainably depressed. No motivation to even get up or go outside at all. Unfortunately this fell on my birthday, and all the requests to get together were ignored by me. Spent the day in bed. No doubt my T is off and natural production hasn't kicked in just yet.

    Since I respond so well to this topical gel, I was thinking about just smearing a few fingertips up and down the inside of my arm (wrist etc) where the skin is fairly thin, each day. Maybe instead of a full packet, just doing a quarter packet or a 1/5 packet every day. For a little kick. Sound like a plan? I guess I should go get the blood panels ...

    -P-

  15. #15
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,424
    As stated, if you use it ever day your body will just end up adjusting down. You need to find another doctor or Endocrinologist who dont care about your age or how you look but knows you to read your blood levels for what they are.

    My doctor says I am his healthiest patient and to keep doing what ever I am doing.

  16. #16
    Alloy's Avatar
    Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    97
    1. Get a full metabolic and CBC done. If you have insurance, call your PC and request it. If your PC says no, find a new PC. If you don't have insurance, pay out of pocket.

    2. Once you have a copy of you're report, identify which areas are on the "low" end of the range. Some labs have a range of 300-1100 ng/dl while some measure 350-827. Doctors just love saying "you're in range, you should feel fine....it's in your head". Every "body" is different, that's why people get 2nd opinions.

    3. TRT affects men of all ages, there is no sliding scale rule for age. Some men have it as early as their 20s and some may be test producing monsters until they die. Unfortunately Docs don't always see it that way, you have to be patient and search for an intelligent doctor. Doctors carry a stigma of "Being smart on paper, but ignorant in practicality". If more Docs were like "Dr. House" on TV, someone who explores and spins the symptoms apart....life would be great.

    As stated above, most docs will give you shit if you're below 30 as well as with most AA clinics. If you're going to do TRT, remember this isn't like some quick high you do for a boost. TRT is a lifetime commitment, its going to take work and effort. I'm not a doc so I can't advise on what to do, but TRT in general starts off with little steps and adjustments.

    Like Mr. Vette said, low volume is connected to LH and FSH. If anyone of those is low or approaching the lower limit, then it's time to speak to a doc.

  17. #17
    durak's Avatar
    durak is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    619
    If you really want half way trt go with clomid from arr. 50mg eod will fix most problems and does not shut you down.

  18. #18
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    105
    Thanks all. Ill do that.

    Yes ive been using it as a "1 week boost" now and then. usually when my buddies and i go on trips to fun places where there will be women ...

    usually I stop at the end of the week. a couple days of downtime. and I can feel my own T kicking back in. Libido goes sky high again, and all is well.

    -P-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •