stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici

Anti aging clinic Vs Endo vs GP

Which of these would you say are more compliant to prescribe TRT?

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Anti aging. But no one loves you stevey, don't you are get it before me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    Anti aging. But no one loves you stevey, don't you are get it before me!
    im trying to find a good one in syd, have u had any luck?

My gp told me he'll refer me when total drops bellow 11nmol/L. I guess im waiting anther 3 months or so. Hmmm.

5: Guidelines for androgen prescribing*

A. Men with classical androgen deficiency due to hypothalamic–pituitary or testicular disorders

PBS authority requirement: Androgen deficiency in males with established pituitary or testicular disorders.

Comment: No restriction on prescribing for men with classical androgen deficiency.

B. Men without classical androgen deficiency

PBS authority requirement: Androgen deficiency in males 40 years and older who do not have established pituitary or testicular disorders other than ageing, confirmed by at least 2 morning blood samples taken on different mornings. Androgen deficiency is confirmed by testosterone level < 8 nmol/L, or 8–15 nmol/L with high luteinising hormone level (> 1.5 times the upper limit of the eugonadal reference range for young men).

dont know what they consider classical andro deficiency though.

Hmm, they do say guidelines though.

Lower free test and a higher bound test would be a better indicater of andro deficiency, thats ofcourse if it is accompanied with low total levels (<11nmol/L).

Well i have to have my LH levels checked then.

My GP said referral, not that i will get the injections.

I was told that symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism would be those with all the symptoms (depression, low fatigue, low strength, low libido, etc) and have a total of less than 13.9 nmol/L and free less than 220 pmol/L. Thats what my GP told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    Hmm, they do say guidelines though.

Lower free test and a higher bound test would be a better indicater of andro deficiency, thats ofcourse if it is accompanied with low total levels (<11nmol/L).

Well i have to have my LH levels checked then.

My GP said referral, not that i will get the injections.

I was told that symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism would be those with all the symptoms (depression, low fatigue, low strength, low libido, etc) and have a total of less than 13.9 nmol/L and free less than 220 pmol/L. Thats what my GP told me.
    depends on your doc i guess, just gota shop around.

worse comes to worse ill go on self prescribed TRT and brew my own from powders.

the thing is i dont want to be 60 years old and trying to filter through a .22um whatman and having to ask my kids to help me home brew lmao.

Vettester is offline Banned
    On a average, the anti aging clinics will be the clear winner between the 3.

I wish I had some statistical results with members here, but I'd say more than 1/2 of them here on the HRT forum usually don't have good things to report with their GP's and Endos. I see thread after thread here with members talking about how their GP or Endo won't treat them at all, or how they treat them half-arse with a shot a month, no AI, etc.

Most AA clinics are setup on the premise knowing their competitors, i.e., GP's and Endo are pretty weak in this field. Therefore they are the ones capitalizing on the opportunities in the market, and patients on average are getting a much better product as a result. However, like anything, there will be a $premium$ paid for the good products, service and attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    On a average, the anti aging clinics will be the clear winner between the 3.

I wish I had some statistical results with members here, but I'd say more than 1/2 of them here on the HRT forum usually don't have good things to report with their GP's and Endos. I see thread after thread here with members talking about how their GP or Endo won't treat them at all, or how they treat them half-arse with a shot a month, no AI, etc.

Most AA clinics are setup on the premise knowing their competitors, i.e., GP's and Endo are pretty weak in this field. Therefore they are the ones capitalizing on the opportunities in the market, and patients on average are getting a much better product as a result. However, like anything, there will be a $premium$ paid for the good products, service and attention to detail.
    +1

I've been one of the lucky ones who's found a *great* GP. The guy is awesome and so far has agreed to just about everything I've requested if I can make a viable case supported with the proper data to back it up. So they do exist, you just have to shop around. Of course that also requires you to prove you can be responsible which means you'll have to be patient some times and willing to take the long way round and do your homework before you get what you want. If you're looking to cycle, it might not be the right route though.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    GP will probably refer you to an Endo, who may or may not put you on TRT, and even if they do, it will most likely be topical Test or low doses of injected Test. Anti-aging clinics will pretty much put you straight on injections from the start, regardless of your Test levels... you'll just be paying a lot more for it.

double chicken is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    GP will probably refer you to an Endo, who may or may not put you on TRT, and even if they do, it will most likely be topical Test or low doses of injected Test. Anti-aging clinics will pretty much put you straight on injections from the start, regardless of your Test levels... you'll just be paying a lot more for it.
    Will insurance cover anti-aging clinic?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by double chicken View Post
    Usually not.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by double chicken View Post
    Almost never. Much like plastic surgery, pretty much anything labeled as anti-aging is considered elective treatment, and thus will not be covered by insurance. I checked into it a while ago for TRT, and they wanted about 350/month for T injections (which you had to do there).

Better to just get it from an Endo who has a good grasp of TRT.

Thread Information