View Poll Results: How far back did your symptoms go before you began TRT?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never, I don't have LowT.

0 0%
  • Less than a year.

2 11.76%
  • 2-5 years.

7 41.18%
  • 5-10 Years.

6 35.29%
  • 10-15 years.

1 5.88%
  • 15+ years.

1 5.88%

Poll: How long had you been living with Low T before begining TRT?

Bonus question: How has your life changed since you began TRT/HRT?
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-14-2010 at 11:05 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    never tested my T til age 37 and it would be a guess mr. mqueen

Vettester is offline Banned
    Life changed completely when I got on TRT. Changes were also made with my diet and exercise program, which everything combined allowed me to turn the page back about 20 years. Now do I get a bonus? Gift certificate at ARR maybe?

BTW, I'm somewhere in that 2-5 category, I think ... Hard to say for sure. Last few years before TRT were real tough.

BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    I didn't test levels until a year ago, but had the symptoms of low test for 5 or 6 years. Docs thought it was just depression.

My life and health has changed 100%! Getting the diet under control and hitting the iron has been icing on the TRT cake.

quietasamouse is offline New Member
    Symptoms for about 5 years, tested low 2 years ago, just got on a few months ago.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    I'm not sure how long I had it.. but when i knew for sure to when i started was less than a year

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Been on for 1 and 1/2 years and had low T for at least 2 years before starting. Life is way better now!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am thinking at least 5-10, maybe longer looking back at how much of a slug I was. NEVER going back.

I seriously felt like an 80 year old man before I began HRT; at 42, that's just *sad*. After a year of treatment, I'm now feeling more like a normal human being again. I still have a long way to go, but at least now I feel like I've got a future worth living for. This stuff literally saved my life.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I was probably in the 2-5 year range. Lots of weight gain the past four years and a major struggle to make gains in the gym when I did find the motivation to go in. Made some progress a couple of years ago and got wrecked by three surgeries last year. An unusually long recovery period followed by other tell tale symptoms of low T got me to bring it up with the doc at this year's physical. Glad I did. I'm still battling joint pain but I feel 1000% better than before starting TRT and I've dropped 33lbs. That's a major shift in a positive direction for my quality of life.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    I was probably in the 2-5 year range. Lots of weight gain the past four years and a major struggle to make gains in the gym when I did find the motivation to go in. Made some progress a couple of years ago and got wrecked by three surgeries last year. An unusually long recovery period followed by other tell tale symptoms of low T got me to bring it up with the doc at this year's physical. Glad I did. I'm still battling joint pain but I feel 1000% better than before starting TRT and I've dropped 33lbs. That's a major shift in a positive direction for my quality of life.
    great achievement bro...hard enough to battle life without such set backs....keep up the hard work and positive attitude...

so...a slight change in avy again...i guess if he is trying to have the fattest and most perfectly symetrical belly in the world we have to tip our hats...pus$y punting seemed a lil better competition however

bbrock is offline Junior Member
    Wow that is a good question. I felt like I was going to die early in life for about two to three years before i started. I didn't want to get off the couch didn't like to bend over to pick something up just felt like i was going to die anytime. When i started I weighed over 400 pounds. I found out that I was diabetic and still felt like crap when i got it under control then i read that most male diabetics have lowT. After my first shot my mood went from depressed to happy within 3 hours. I had an instant change. I have been on TRT for a little over a year and have lost 50 pounds and my blood sugar is well under control. I am battling with my weight still but i am still tweaking some things. I would like to take shots every week but the doc won't let me. They make me come in for my shot every other week. My estrogen is sky high but he says that doesn't matter. I am taking things in my own hand and getting some liquid dex from aar for my pet rat. Just so happens he is on TRT with high estrogen also. When i was in great shape i weighed about 250 I am 6'4 so i have always weighed more than the average guy. When i think back I realize that my Testosterone started dropping in my early thirties. I don't think that I ever had high tes levels because weight control was so tuff and strength gains were so hard to come by. Seemed like i worked twice as hard in the gym for half the gains

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bbrock View Post
    Wow that is a good question. I felt like I was going to die early in life for about two to three years before i started. I didn't want to get off the couch didn't like to bend over to pick something up just felt like i was going to die anytime. When i started I weighed over 400 pounds. I found out that I was diabetic and still felt like crap when i got it under control then i read that most male diabetics have lowT. After my first shot my mood went from depressed to happy within 3 hours. I had an instant change. I have been on TRT for a little over a year and have lost 50 pounds and my blood sugar is well under control. I am battling with my weight still but i am still tweaking some things. I would like to take shots every week but the doc won't let me. They make me come in for my shot every other week. My estrogen is sky high but he says that doesn't matter. I am taking things in my own hand and getting some liquid dex from aar for my pet rat. Just so happens he is on TRT with high estrogen also. When i was in great shape i weighed about 250 I am 6'4 so i have always weighed more than the average guy. When i think back I realize that my Testosterone started dropping in my early thirties. I don't think that I ever had high tes levels because weight control was so tuff and strength gains were so hard to come by. Seemed like i worked twice as hard in the gym for half the gains
    Wow... That's a hell of a story and I cant believe your doc thinks high E2 is OK? WTF?! ...Seriously ...WTF?!

Personally I'm beginning to think the high E2 is what lead to my low T. I too put on lots of weight. I was 185 in my early twenties, 32" waist and a 54" chest. I'm 42 now and a year ago, I felt just like you. I weighed approx 370, [I say approx because I couldn't find a scale high enough. My doc's only goes to 350lbs.] I'm now down to 330-340, [I should know for sure when I see the doc later this week] but I've lost 6" off my waist and I'm getting active again. Feels great!

Glad to hear you're doing so well Brock, keep it up and I bet you'll feel even better once you get your E2 in check. It should help with the weight loss too. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress. It helps to hear from others who are having success.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    BBRock -- keep up the good fight. Have you considered going with an HRT clinic so you can benefit from self administering your own injections? Pinning 1x EW or even 2x EW will make a world of difference in how effective TRT is in stabilizing your test blood levels.

JPK -- thanks, bro. Hey, at least he isn't as ugly as the last guy. ;-)

Thread Information