anabolicscuba is offline New Member

Lab results and high BUN

I just got my blood work done and my BUN and creatinine is high. I did a 4 week H-drol cycle about 1.5 months back, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I looked at one of my test 2 years ago and it was 26 so even though wasn't good.

BUN - 30
    Creatinine - 1.28

My doctor didn't say anything about it but I'm really worried about it. On top of it sometimes in the morning when i wake up my lower back has a little ache to it. It is freaking me out that something could be wrong with my kidneys. Should I significantly lower my protein intake? Right now I'm taking in around 1 gram per pound body weight, so 180 grams.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    bump

Vettester is offline Banned
    Are they going to run a ultrasound? Also, how's the BP?

Yes, I would probably cut down the protein, but that's just me. Maybe cycle it down a little and see if there's some improvement. Might try to pin the doctor down and get him to take it a little more seriously.

anabolicscuba is offline New Member
    I just called the doctor's office and the nurse said it was nothing to worry about. I disagree though. I scheduled an appointment with another doctor on Nov 3rd, it was the first opening they had. In the meantime I'm going to cut the protein to .75 grams/lb and drink a lot of water. Also at that next appointment I think I'll eat a fairly low amount of protein the day before and drink a lot of water to see if my values come back into normal range. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm thinking this my blow the plans I had for HRT therapy this fall though , my kidneys are more important than a few pounds of muscle.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicscuba View Post
    I just called the doctor's office and the nurse said it was nothing to worry about. I disagree though. I scheduled an appointment with another doctor on Nov 3rd, it was the first opening they had. In the meantime I'm going to cut the protein to .75 grams/lb and drink a lot of water. Also at that next appointment I think I'll eat a fairly low amount of protein the day before and drink a lot of water to see if my values come back into normal range. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm thinking this my blow the plans I had for HRT therapy this fall though , my kidneys are more important than a few pounds of muscle.

This I agree with 100%.

Thread Information