Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

Upping My TRT dose

Hi All,
    I have been on TRT for almost 2 yrs now at 100 mg Test Cyp EW. This has kept my levels in the mid 800's. I have always done my weekly inject on WED night. Last Sat i received some gear and have decided to up my trt dose to 200 EW to see if i can make some more gains. So i did my inject on wed and sun 100 mg each and my those will be the days of my shots spaced 3.5 days apart. So far i have had the following sides since upping my dose. The first couple of days my sex drive went through the roof but then after a couple of says i have started to get headaches. Now i am having a real hard time sleeping for more than a couple of hrs at a time. My nips got a little sensitive but only for a couple of days and that has gone away now. Do these sides seem normal? Do you think i just need to give my body more time to adjust? Thanks in advance JIM

TRT2010 is offline Member
    i had a bitch of a time sleeping when i first started TRT at 250 and then they tappered down 10mg everyweek and ended at 180mg and thats where i am at now. They gave me some Ambien so i could sleep. i also was swaetig like a pig for the first couple of weeks.. I think that is pretty normal

i forgot to mention i swithed from cyp to enanthate as well. Would that make any difference?

crg
    crg is offline Junior Member
    no diff in TC or TE. if you want to make better gains up your chow/protein intake and, not knowing your workout routine, maybe workout less, yep less. youll get results with the additional 100 but your best gains will come from higher food intake and a proper weight gaining workout. maybe you should post your stats, nutrition and workout on the diet or aas board and have one of those BB vets chime in..

Quote Originally Posted by crg View Post
    no diff in TC or TE. if you want to make better gains up your chow/protein intake and, not knowing your workout routine, maybe workout less, yep less. youll get results with the additional 100 but your best gains will come from higher food intake and a proper weight gaining workout. maybe you should post your stats, nutrition and workout on the diet or aas board and have one of those BB vets chime in..
    Thanks Bro, No disrespect but if you look at my avatar and my member profile I know how to eat and train or i wouldn't look the way that i look. I really just want to know if these sides are considered normal when you up your dose of Test or not? I would hate to think the gear i just got could be under-dosed? Any one?

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Thanks Bro, No disrespect but if you look at my avatar and my member profile I know how to eat and train or i wouldn't look the way that i look. I really just want to know if these sides are considered normal when you up your dose of Test or not? I would hate to think the gear i just got could be under-dosed? Any one?
    Just a minute , I wanna read your profile before I answer you .

You don't get increased sex drive and sore nips from under dosed gear when upped it by a small amount .

kingfish is offline Junior Member
    Doubling the dosing on your own when on TRT is not a good idea. The 100mg EW won't give you any side effects, but 200mg could. (Everybody is different) I'd want my doc testing me to make sure nothing goes too far out of whack, as there are many parameters that can be affected by a big increase in test levels. That's just not something I'd do again. BTDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    Just a minute , I wanna read your profile before I answer you .

You don't get increased sex drive and sore nips from under dosed gear when upped it by a small amount .
    Thats what i was looking for thank you and my intentions are not to stay at 200 a week long term. I was just planning to run through the gear i have for maybe 16 weeks makes some gain and then go back to my prescribed TRT dose.

crg
    jim, i did see your profile. i had sleep issues when i started 200/wk myself, sensitive nips w/i one week? get your E checked, if elevated get an AI.

i stand by what i stated about making gains, you look good for a buck thirty but making gains means to me adding weight, not knowing what "make gains" means to you. to me it means 10-20 lbs and thats food intake and heavier, fewer workouts.

im only 5'7" myself but i'm 185, low bf and workout each body part only once a week, thats works very well for me, if i wanted to make additional gains i'd just increase my protein uptake to 1gm/1lb of bw

good luck and look into liq-dex

Vettester is offline Banned
    I think it was probably a case of your body just reacting to the increased dosage, because it's not used to the higher amount. It might be good to run BW at some point fairly soon just to make sure the lipids, CBC's, etc. are holding up OK. As mentioned by CRG, look at some AI's like Ldex if you haven't done so already.

How long are you planning to run at 200mg/wk?

I am planning on running 200 ew for 16 weeks and then going back to my prescribed dose and i have every intention of adjusting my diet to make the gains i am looking for. Crq thanks for the input. I know your intentions are good.
    Its just that was not the information i was lookking for in this thread. All i really wanted to know was if these sides seemed normal? The sensitive nips went away after a couple of days. I had Sensative nips when i first started TRT as well for the 1st couple of weeks. I really doubt i would have estro issues with my body fat as low as it is but if it becomes an issue i have ancillaries on hand. Aromazine, Arimidex and Nolva. I always make sure i have everything on hand before i get started. the headaches are getting milder and i slept better last night.
    Last edited by Bio-Active; 09-26-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I'd bet your sides are related to higher E2 post dose increase. Do you have an AI on hand? If not, get one and start with a low dose EOD for two weeks and see if your symptoms decrease. On the other hand, I'd say if you're gonna "blast" for a cycle I'd jump to something a bit higher than 200mg EW. Just don't fool yourself into thinking it's extra TRT -- it's not. It's a cycle. Might as well be intellectually honest with yourself and maximize your gains.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    normal Jim

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    normal Jim
    Thanks flat! I am one week in and it looks as if all sides have passed. Sleeping better than before and the headaches are gone. Feel great! Currently not taking an ai but i do have them on hand if needed!

No prob - now eat damnit!!! Naw just hackin on ya - good luck Jim with your project. I think you will do fine. Also - no need to think it will be week four or five before the added t kicks in since you are on it anyway. I would look for some gains pretty quick.

No prob - now eat damnit!!! Naw just hackin on ya - good luck Jim with your project. I think you will do fine. Also - no need to think it will be week four or five before the added t kicks in since you are on it anyway. I would look for some gains pretty quick.
    So i am 1 and 1/2 weeks in and sleep is way better. Strength is already starting to show gains. I have added about 600 clean cals a day to my macros. I am still getting very slight headaches in the evening but not bad at all and still not using an AI. I would rather not unless gyno or something flares up. I would think my body will balance out its hormones better than adding more drugs.

crg
    keep us posted on how youre doing. I'd like to know what kind of gains you get with just an additional 100/wk. With your height/weight, if you save your sheckles and can swing a cycle of 300 or more/wk you'd pack on some serious poundage....if your strenght quickly increases just be mindful of those tendons, it sucks having major elbow/shoulder/knee irritation on a cycle..good luck

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I think it was probably a case of your body just reacting to the increased dosage, because it's not used to the higher amount. It might be good to run BW at some point fairly soon just to make sure the lipids, CBC's, etc. are holding up OK. As mentioned by CRG, look at some AI's like Ldex if you haven't done so already.

How long are you planning to run at 200mg/wk?

Vette is probably right on the mark here... when I first started TRT, I went through hell with no sleep, bad headaches etc... now my problem was a combination of things, one being way too high a dose of AI... but after some time, it all smoothed out and those problems went away

wakejunkie37 is offline New Member
    The last time I cycled I had some change in sides for a couple weeks. I did ad a AI during this time so it kept that part at bay. I would say its just the norm bro.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Sides are normal. I go thru the same thing until my body adjust to the higher amounts. Might want to check your blood pressure for the headaches just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    Sides are normal. I go thru the same thing until my body adjust to the higher amounts. Might want to check your blood pressure for the headaches just to be safe.
    So it looks as though all my sides have passed besides feeling good all the time with no ups or downs! after my 12 week cycle here should i taper back my my standard 100 per week or do you guys think it would be better to just drop back to 100 per week?

i think i would taper by 50 if u have enough -

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    keep us posted with any and all gains if u would..

also will u be doing bloodwork on this protocol or staying off the record

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    keep us posted with any and all gains if u would..

also will u be doing bloodwork on this protocol or staying off the record
    No blood work planned until my next visit in march. That gives me 3 months to blast and 3 months to get blood work back in order. This is the way i would like to cycle any way just 2 times per year and then go back to my trt dose. I also found our my gear even though it is hg gear and dosed at 100 mg per ml. It is pretty well known that it is somewere closer to 140 - 160 mg per ml. So i may actually be running closer to 300 e/w.

No blood work planned until my next visit in march. That gives me 3 months to blast and 3 months to get blood work back in order. This is the way i would like to cycle any way just 2 times per year and then go back to my trt dose. I also found our my gear even though it is hg gear and dosed at 100 mg per ml. It is pretty well known that it is somewere closer to 140 - 160 mg per ml. So i may actually be running closer to 300 e/w.

lost me there....r u saying that the test your using says 100mg per ml yet that that normally means it is 140-160mg per ml? pretty well known how?

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lost me too. Why would someone making UGL gear for selling purposes (and thus, intending to profit) be throwing in an extra 40-60% test for free?

No blood work planned until my next visit in march. That gives me 3 months to blast and 3 months to get blood work back in order.
    Well, I think everyone knows what I will say about this, so I think I'll just leave it alone.

[/B]

lost me there....r u saying that the test your using says 100mg per ml yet that that normally means it is 140-160mg per ml? pretty well known how?
    My test is human grade and it comes in amps. It is dosed at 100 mg per ml. I am doing 100 2 x per week but after doing some research a lot of people are telling me that it is more like 140 to 160 mg per ml. I don't know for sure but i can tell you that the sides came on pretty strong that first week.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Human grade products are subject to strict oversight and regulations and should be the closest to an exact 100mg/ml that you can get. Maybe you are confusing what human grade means?

Well, I think everyone knows what I will say about this, so I think I'll just leave it alone.
    come on lighten up dad.

I have had my normal labs run to make sure everything was ok before starting this protocol. As stated above i will have labs run again after the protocol when my levels are back to my TRT dose.

Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    Human grade products are subject to strict oversight and regulations and should be the closest to an exact 100mg/ml that you can get. Maybe you are confusing what human grade means?
    I completely understand what you are saying. I am not telling you what i know but only what i have heard.

come on lighten up dad.
    I guess most that know me pretty well know that I stress running labs on a regular basis (quarterly if possible). In Jim's case I'm all for his blast and I think he will make some great gains. However, I would encourage running labs in December and not waiting til March.

BW will tell him if something went wrong during his blast. I'd rather see him get a head start on making sure his health is in check instead of prolonging it.

Labs can be a pain in the arse, but they are truly our best friend, especially when experimenting with new compounds or dosage increases.

aw u know i was just hacking on ya - someone has to

aw u know i was just hacking on ya - someone has to
    Usually my wife does it

how's it going jim?

how's it going jim?
    So far so good! eating 600 calories above my normal meal plan and 3 weeks in feeling great, Strength is up and have gained about 2.5 pounds. Right around 1 pound a week is what i was looking for as i want to stay lean and just put on as much quality muscle as possible! i would rather sacrifice a little as oppose to dieting it back off later!

So far so good! eating 600 calories above my normal meal plan and 3 weeks in feeling great, Strength is up and have gained about 2.5 pounds. Right around 1 pound a week is what i was looking for as i want to stay lean and just put on as much quality muscle as possible! i would rather sacrifice a little as oppose to dieting it back off later!
    like that approach....u know we've all looked at our testo suppy since this thread

subnet is offline Associate Member
    like that approach....u know we've all looked at our testo suppy since this thread
    I know I did jpk - still waiting to see if the pharmacy is going to screw me (as we were discussing in the other thread).

Keep the updates coming Jim!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i'd run a low dose ai to combat prolactin issues, and increased estro levels..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    i'd run a low dose ai to combat prolactin issues, and increased estro levels..
    Now that i am leveled out somewhat all the sides have gone away! 6 weeks in and up about 7 lbs so i am right on track and still not using an AI!

Thread Information