Jadam is offline Junior Member

Question about changing docs

Hey boys and girls,

I've posted previously about my symptoms and results over the past few months of treatment through a clinic. I decided to ditch Kaiser with the new year and hopefully get some insurance coverage.

Anyway, just had an appointment with a new endo. I gave him all my test results, my dosing, etc. He seemed to be very aware of how things work, which was nice. However, he asked me to stop injecting for six weeks so he can run fresh blood work of his own and go from there.

Has anyone heard this before? Not sure what I want to do since I'm finally feeling normal.

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    I don't agree with this personally, but perhaps ask him WHY he needs fresh bloods.

I'll be honest, if that's all it takes to get a good doc that knows about proper TRT that's covered by insurance, I'd almost just say suck it up for the 6 weeks (or ask if you can shorten it to 3-4)

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Or maybe he really knows his stuff, knows that after six weeks with no PCT (sorry JP lol) your numbers will be nill and thats what he needs in your records as justification to treat you? Could you be so lucky?? I agree ask him.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    ^^^Smart

Hmm, never even thought about that. It's weird. He really seems to understand how things work. But when someone tells you to stop, the first reaction is No! haha.

Guess I'll give it shot. After all, I really don't have anything to lose as I can always continue with the clinic.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Or maybe he really knows his stuff, knows that after six weeks with no PCT (sorry JP lol) your numbers will be nill and thats what he needs in your records as justification to treat you? Could you be so lucky?? I agree ask him.
    lol

well....if he is already diagnosed being hypo then dont know why he would need to see him plummet again...when i jumped endos, the previous bloodwork showing several labs low T and having a current RX was all they needed to proceed with their own treatment...but if u havent a choice then 6 weeks it is

I'm thinking maybe he wants to do his own tests since I only had one before and then the most recent. I started getting injections in Sept so it hasn't been too long. He did say he'd like to get a baseline so he can try to determine if it's pituitary based or my balls.

Just had my followup appointment and pretty confused.

When I started back in September I had a total T of 246. Labs in January came in around 850. Took five weeks off before I couldn't handle feeling like shit. Did my labs for the new doctor and went in today for the results. Total T was 440 with a free of 77. He thinks everything is ok. LH came back at 0.8 so he wants me to get an MRI to make sure there's nothing there. He also said I should take another four weeks off and run labs again, but I already started back up last week. Didn't enjoy feeling like garbage again.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok, there "could" be an issue and an MRI may turn that up. But your LH was going to be in the basement from the TRT and you haven't done PCT so not sure why he thinks it would be good now.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll probably do it just to check and then try someone else. He seems willing, but very hesitant.

Ok, called up a compounding pharmacy and got a referral. Saw the new guy today. Looked at my labs, asked me how I felt. Put in the order. Paying for ten weeks what the clinic charges every two. I'm so happy. Hopefully this guy works out in the long run.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    They may need new labs if they are doing a new scrip. They can't just have someone come in with high test scores and still write a scrip, right? I am switching docs right now, ironically to the doc that originally put me on TRT at the other practice. She is having me skip injections for a week and we are doing new blood work. She knows what she is doing, so I just do what I am told. I would struggle going off for six weeks though.

MJRuff01 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadam;55***80
    Just had my followup appointment and pretty confused.

When I started back in September I had a total T of 246. Labs in January came in around 850. Took five weeks off before I couldn't handle feeling like shit. Did my labs for the new doctor and went in today for the results. Total T was 440 with a free of 77. He thinks everything is ok. LH came back at 0.8 so he wants me to get an MRI to make sure there's nothing there. He also said I should take another four weeks off and run labs again, but I already started back up last week. Didn't enjoy feeling like garbage again.
    You would think he would order a prolactin test prior to an MRI, especially if he thinks there could be a Pituitary adenoma.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You are doing this just to get it covered by insurance? If so, hopefully you have made sure your insurance will pay for TRT...most won't. My doc told me last week that many insurance companies are actually being more diligent about disallowing any voodoo (in their eyes) anti-aging treatment.

Yeah, the insurance won't pay for it, but the place he uses seems priced pretty good. His visits are covered and he can function as my all around doctor which is what I was looking for. Besides the money savings, the clinic made me come in each week. It meant leaving work early and driving 90 minutes every Friday. I think that made me want to change more than anything.

Thread Information