meathead320 is offline Member

What is that "stuff" that increases the absorption of Androgel?

Hi All,

Seen on this board here a few times before about a substance, that I think it OTC, that greatly increase the absorption of Androgel .

Anyone got the scoop on that? By what % does it tend to increase it etc...?

sirupate is offline Member
    DMSO is the stuff. Dimethylsulfoxide. It is used as horse linament...I think. It will carry whatever is on top of your skin into your skin and bloodstream. I don't know any particulars about its use with Androgel . Good luck, and if you elect to try this, please let us know how it turns out for you.

Just googled DMSO and there is a lot of information out there about it use. There are also shopping sources as well. Sounds intriguing and also rather safe.
    Last edited by sirupate; 04-08-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added information

sirupate is offline Member
    Just from searching on this topic...it appears that 70% DMSO is most effective for use on the skin. If you get the 99% DMSO, you might want to dilute it a bit with distilled water. I saw that some people said to rub the skin area with DMSO, then apply the gel...let dry, then more DMSO on the area. You'd not have a good way of knowing just how much you are getting outside of getting BW done. DMSO gives you "garlic breath", at least for a few minutes, so be prepared for that outcome.

Be a guinea pig for us...OK?

xpunksurferx is offline Junior Member
    There is a book called Testosterone is your friend, I forgot the author, and it was written in 2006 or so, and the author is an hrt doc that stated he would mix T powder with DMSO and use it as inexpensive TRT for his patients, I am guessing this was before T powder was illegal and hard to come by, but seems like a good solution.

1_Grendel is offline Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    keep us informed i am very interested in your findings

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i tried mixing test base powder with DMSO.

Benefits:
    Improve test levels in the blood (by how much, not sure)
    DMSO is inexpensive
    No Pinning required
    Can apply multiple times through out the day as necessary

Detriments:
    DMSO give you BAD BREATH!
    Not as efficient as pinning
    Dynamic Blood levels since half life of test base is measured in hours.
    DMSO may irritate the skin

The main reason for my going that route was due to a "no needles" policy in my house.

I transitioned to TRT, where the doc would give me an injection.

And now that i am out of the country, I'm pinning about 3x a week.

Do your research before doing this fellows...there's a medical reason that Pharmaceutical Mfg's don't add this to the formulary.

1_Grendel is offline Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Do your research before doing this fellows...there's a medical reason that Pharmaceutical Mfg's don't add this to the formulary.
    any insight on the reason???

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I did the research over a year ago.

1) Dynamic Blood levels make precise dosing difficult.
    2) DMSO is NOT FDA approved! Pharm Co's are not allowed to do anything involving DMSO
    3) Potential Skin Irritant

Regading #2. DMSO is so inexpensive, there is no economic incentive for a pharm co to incur the cost of setting up trials for FDA approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I did the research over a year ago.

1) Dynamic Blood levels make precise dosing difficult.2) DMSO is NOT FDA approved! Pharm Co's are not allowed to do anything involving DMSO
    3) Potential Skin Irritant

Regading #2. DMSO is so inexpensive, there is no economic incentive for a pharm co to incur the cost of setting up trials for FDA approval.
    Excellent TR!

Regarding #1. T levels have been reported to be extremely erratic sometimes spiking way over max lab ranges when DMSO is used. When this happens E2 levels can bounce all over the place making T and E2 ratios almost impossible to manage. If E2 levels are to high it cancels out the T and you're left where you started.

DMSO will also transfer anything on your skin into your blood stream so you need to make sure that the skin is totally clean if you're going to try this.

Thread Information