meathead320 is offline Member

Blood test results in, looks like Arimidex will be needed after all.

Hi all,

Just got my blood work back, and the results were not to my liking.

Results were taken on day 10 after 200mg of test C.

I was expecting my test to be low, as I kind of wanted to make sure I was not keeping it too high all the time.

Total Test: 229 225-972 range
    Free Test: 6.2 8.8-27 range
    Estradiol: 32.7 0-44 range

I'm ok with my test level falling to the bottom of the range by day 10, no problem there, but shouldn't my E2 have fallen at least into the low 20s by then as well?

My guess is when I'm higher with test, my E2 is even higher, and with those numbers it looks like even mid normal levels of test will have my E2 high enough to kill any libido, which likely has been the source of the problem(s) for a while.

Nasty Estradiol likely has been jacking up the prolactin for a while, so really keeping a handle on the E2 is the major issue, and I don't think I'm going to get by without an AI. I did want to do this without one at all...oh well.

With that in mind, I have liquidex on hand, and will simply be working with that to keep E2 in range.

I'm thinking the starting dose ratio like 0.5mg of Arimidex total for a week, for every 100mg of test, or 0.25mg 2x per week, E3D?

Is it better to take the first liquidex on the same day as the test shot, or to take it a day or two later, then another dose 3 days after that and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by meathead320 View Post
    Hi all,

Just got my blood work back, and the results were not to my liking.

Results were taken on day 10 after 200mg of test C.

I was expecting my test to be low, as I kind of wanted to make sure I was not keeping it too high all the time.

Total Test: 229 225-972 range
    Free Test: 6.2 8.8-27 range
    Estradiol: 32.7 0-44 range

I'm ok with my test level falling to the bottom of the range by day 10, no problem there, but shouldn't my E2 have fallen at least into the low 20s by then as well?

My guess is when I'm higher with test, my E2 is even higher, and with those numbers it looks like even mid normal levels of test will have my E2 high enough to kill any libido, which likely has been the source of the problem(s) for a while.

Nasty Estradiol likely has been jacking up the prolactin for a while, so really keeping a handle on the E2 is the major issue, and I don't think I'm going to get by without an AI. I did want to do this without one at all...oh well.

With that in mind, I have liquidex on hand, and will simply be working with that to keep E2 in range.

I'm thinking the starting dose ratio like 0.5mg of Arimidex total for a week, for every 100mg of test, or 0.25mg 2x per week, E3D?

Is it better to take the first liquidex on the same day as the test shot, or to take it a day or two later, then another dose 3 days after that and so on?
    1 mg AI for evey 100 mg of T is the best starting point...then test. Spread out your AI like EOD.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Your E2 isn't bad at all. I just went over this with someone else earlier who had the same score. 25-to-35 is a great range. Get below 20 and I'm banking you'll be seeing some sides. Also, not sure why you were expecting the E2 to drop when your T score dropped. T will convert to E, so in many cases your E will be on the ^ rise, while your T is on the decline. Do you have a prolactin score? What makes you presume that it's "jacked" up from the E2?

I aim to keep a low 30's, high 20's for the E2 year round, and during normal cruising periods, I like to be around 700-750 on total serum, @ 2% to 2.5% bio available/free test. What does your normal protocol involve? Hopefully not the 200mg e10d.

Hey Meathead... just as a point of reference, when I first had me E2 tested, it was 167....

johnwynnejr is offline New Member
    A really good idea would be to make the transition to Nolvadex for your health's sake.
    Last edited by johnwynnejr; 05-03-2011 at 02:53 PM.

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwynnejr View Post
    It is better to use Nolvadex, make the switch for your health's sake.
    Can you explain further?

Can you please elaborate?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nolva will not lower E2 levels. It just inihibits the E2 in breast tissue. This will have no positive benefit on high E2 symtoms except gyno.

I imagine your E2 levels are much higher on day 2-5 than day 10. Once your T gets below a certain level the conversion to E2 drops off. Your liver continues to flush the stuff out. So if you are seeing wide fluctuations of T levels you can expect fluctuations of E2 as well.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    not sure I will throw in with you on that one

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    Nolva will not lower E2 levels. It just inihibits the E2 in breast tissue. This will have no positive benefit on high E2 symtoms except gyno.

I imagine your E2 levels are much higher on day 2-5 than day 10. Once your T gets below a certain level the conversion to E2 drops off. Your liver continues to flush the stuff out. So if you are seeing wide fluctuations of T levels you can expect fluctuations of E2 as well.
    Kind of what I was thinking too.

Maybe tyring the 0.25mg Arimidex on day 2 when conversion is at its highest, and another on day 5, right before the T levels start to fall.

I plan to do my shots on 7 to 10 days, if my levels go low for a few days I'm ok with that.

I've been trying different things, and I think stable levels themselves may be the problem, as with most guys Test levels tend to change from day to day, and even week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    Can you explain further?
    Every person is different, a standard can never be set for anything.

But using an AI like Arimidex long term can raise your cholestrol, and I have certainly seen that happen.

Using it only short term is a good idea for a hard, dry look.
    Last edited by johnwynnejr; 05-03-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Every person is different, a standard can never be set for anything.

But using an AI like Arimidex long term can raise your cholestrol, and I have certainly seen that happen.

Using it only short term is a great idea for a hard, dry look.
    Well, being this is about having balance with hormones, I think any sort of a look is secondary to how we feel.

With E2 being too high, and likely mine is over 50 pg/ml when my test is near the top of the range, then all nolvadex would do is prevent gyno.

Sure it would be easier on cholesterol, but so long as the AI is not being used to drop the E2 too low (obviously I don't want it under 20pg/ml) tha should not be an issue.

There are other things besides gyno to consider, and I'm one of those guys where is my E2 is too high, I lose all interest in sex.

Libido is best for most guys at 20-30pg/ml, higher then that and it starts to drop off, and under 20 it is even worse. In fact many guys use libido as the factor to go by on dosing and timing for AI's.

Libido is best for most guys at 20-30pg/ml, higher then that and it starts to drop off, and under 20 it is even worse. In fact many guys use libido as the factor to go by on dosing and timing for AI's.
    Libido is important and so is cholestrol, monitor both of them closely.

The upside to this is that a generic is finally available (has been available for a year or so) for Arimidex . That pill that was so expensive for some people has dropped in price.

Just get Liquidex and save the $$.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Just get Liquidex and save the $$.
    Exactly what I have on hand, but there is place I may get pills from next time, now that a generic exists.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Exactly what I have on hand, but there is place I may get pills from next time, now that a generic exists.
    I would love to have my arimidex in pill form. I used to, but it was too expensive. Dosing out liquidex isn't hard, but when you are taking it EOD, popping a pill is so much easier.

needsomehelp is offline Associate Member
    I'd be interested as to why you feel Nolvadex is better during cycle than arimidex taken properly. I'm on day 18, been working hard couple months previous and I'm running test E only, roughly 500 to 750 weekly shots every third day, gonna run 16 weeks, with obvious decreases in both Test E and the arimidex accordingly. Is their some nasty thing about arimidex that Novaldex doesn't have I'm unaware of?? Isn't Novaldex more PCT?

Lastly, I take a 1 mg pill every other day of arimidex, I never have size isssues, just gut. I've carb restricted at end of cycles I've even messed with diuretics...does any vet, Long time member have any thoughts oin gut. And yes my diet is solid, if not on the carb deficient side, say right now 3500 daily and my gut is again moving with it..Working abs hard, they are, but with fat on top.... Suggestions? PS been two years since last cycle and I'm right now 175lb / 5' 11".. usually go to 205...anything besides arimidex? Not into Clen ...scares me.

My source has arimidex cheap, blisters in packaging not generic..I have trouble finding halo..

Quote Originally Posted by needsomehelp View Post
    I'd be interested as to why you feel Nolvadex is better during cycle than arimidex taken properly.
    Please re-read all of my posts in this thread. I think you've misread. Theres ups and down for both substances.

Quote Originally Posted by needsomehelp View Post
    Not into Clen...scares me.
    Clen is a fairly safe substance. T3 works well also from what I've heard. Combining Clen and T3 is a great combo from what I've heard.

If you've got a legit script for Arimidex there's a generic brand on the market called Anastrozole. I get it from Costco for $24 a bottle of 30, 1mg pills list price, since I don't have insurance. I quarter them into .25mg doses with a pill cutter, so it's really 120 doses. At an average of 2.5 doses a week, that's almost a year's supply.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm in the same boat. I need to get in and get my Estrogen levels check properly. So far they have only checked my prolactin it's 14.18 (range 4.0 - 15.2). Gona talk to the doctor in a few months. Dont want to get blood test done quite at this time so I will start using the adex until then.

F&T,

How much are you running with that arimidex intake..

In other words I use these steroids , at these weekly levels for how long. I'm trying to get different opinions on Arimidex....

100mg Test cyp 2x weekly for just over a year. Daily 5% Testim Gel before that.

Thank you.

Thread Information