TRT and use of A.I.'s

I know this question has been asking a million times,but,me,im not gyno prone and at the dose im taking of test cyp,ive never had any gyno symptoms,but when it comes down to the nu cutting,if you will,is it really necessary to take an A.I.? I hadnt got my E2 levels back yet,but i have a suspision that mine might be high,and if thats the case,im going to take one,but my endo thinks i dont need one,says at clinical doses of trt doesnt need one,any thoughts guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    I know this question has been asking a million times,but,me,im not gyno prone and at the dose im taking of test cyp,ive never had any gyno symptoms,but when it comes down to the nu cutting,if you will,is it really necessary to take an A.I.? I hadnt got my E2 levels back yet,but i have a suspision that mine might be high,and if thats the case,im going to take one,but my endo thinks i dont need one,says at clinical doses of trt doesnt need one,any thoughts guys?
    BW will tell the true story and that's that. But your Doc's point above about your dose not requiring an AI may have merritt. Not every man needs an AI on TRT; a few are blessed with great livers.

However, that being said, most men at some point will need an AI on TRT. E follows T and it's a fact and as we age the aromatase enzyme production increases so do the math.

If you suspect that you have high E2 what are your symptoms? Do you get cold easily? Low libido? Sore joints? Lack of energy? There are many more...

Let us know what you E2 levels are BF.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    If you suspect that you have high E2 what are your symptoms? Do you get cold easily? Low libido? Sore joints? Lack of energy? There are many more...
    The problem is low E2 gives the same symptoms listed above. When I do too much AI and get my E2 low I get exactly those symptoms. I have never had high E2 because I get gyno very very easily. So I don't know what symptoms I would get a high E2.

I do know that when my E2 is about 25 I feel on top of the world. At 28 I get gyno. At 10 I feel like crap. I'm one of those that has a very small window to work in.

If you have high E2 you can also have issues keeping of body fat. It is easier to cut body fat with E2 on the low side of the range. However, your body needs E2 for a lot of things. It really boils down to what your blood work says and how you feel. Find the sweet spot for your body. If you don't need and AI to do that, then you don't take one. It is, after all, a drug and it has side affects. The sides may be very mild or practically undetectable, but why add uneeded complication to your body.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with the fellas..

cept...if you DO come back with high e2 on your labs then your doctor made an as$ out of himself because he didnt say MOST men on clinical doses dont need an AI but said you wont PERIOD..

keep us posted when BW comes back...whats your TRT dose again?

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here's a way to test theory . ( The way I made huge mistake )
    I was taking anastrozole .5 eod . I thought I ordered anastrozole from another source and got letrozole by mistake .
    The lesson was if you take too much of a AI you will have very little energy ( almost lethargic ) and strength way down .
    Therefore if you take what you think and everything is fine , you can do a double dose and test the abuse theory .
    Takes about a day or two before you level out .

This accident has no place in medical practices but will give you a idea of intensity and need for proper hormone balance .
    Same application applies for progesterone .

Before you give me a face palm . Think of those with out ability to get lab work or doctors advice .

Good luck
    Dont wanna be old

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    This accident has no place in medical practices but will give you a idea of intensity and need for proper hormone balance
    Unless you get your AI from a research chemicals source

Whitecollar10 is offline Junior Member
    I saw Bullseye Forever post in this thread(http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...en-or-heard-of) that his dose is 600mg every 10 days. That sounds more on par with a cycle than a clinical dose; and a cycle would often need AI's. But, I suppose only bloodwork would show for sure.

Yeah, bullseye is more like "side of the barn". If you dig down in his other threads you will see that despite that high does his T levels are not high at all.

Thanks for all the replies guys,i really appreciate the input,yes my dose is really high,and i think its to high,but my blood test shows evidence,my total test is 487ng/dl and it was taken just last month on the 23rd and my TSH FREE T4(Free Test)Was 2.26uiu/ml out of (0.49-4.67) so it was in the middle of the range.I do have low energy,and have trouble with body fat in my stomach,and sometimes my libido is low,so thats why im asking about an A.I........Ive never had my Estrogen levels checked before this past monday,so im really anxiuos to get the results back,and i agree with Whitecollar10,that dose is more on par with a cycle,i just dont understand alot about it,even at the high dose,i really dont feel any better thasn i did,maybe a little bit,but the bodyfat,energy,libido issues are still there,i think that my hormones are on a rollercoaster ride,i get that high dose at once,then it starts to go down at a fast rate and i go back to feeling bad.Could my test recetors be messed up? or can they get saturated and not respond?

well my doctor just called me back with my Estrodiol levels...it was 126.5pg/ml!!!! out of the range of 5pg/ml-66pg/ml so that explains alot!! can anyone give some feedback on this please

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    That's way high. Is he going to prescribe you anything?

That is where all your T is going. It is being converted to E2. So you need an AI to halt the conversion and get the E2 level back down to a respectiable level. This will also drive up your T levels since much less will be converted to E2.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    agree with the fellas..

cept...if you DO come back with high e2 on your labs then your doctor made an as$ out of himself because he didnt say MOST men on clinical doses dont need an AI but said you wont PERIOD..

keep us posted when BW comes back...whats your TRT dose again?
    wow...super high...just as u expected....read bold above

oh, you must be the one running 600mg of test....do you have new test levels as well or just e2

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    oh, you must be the one running 600mg of test....do you have new test levels as well or just e2
    yea the test levels is...total test 487ng/dl and free test is 2.26uiu out of range from (.49-4.67)so the free test is ok in the range,but the total test should be more,but its turning into estrogen

Quote Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
    That's way high. Is he going to prescribe you anything?
    i sure hope so,i called his office and the nurse said,well he doesnt do blood test or estrogen here,and i said,well i got my GP to do it cause my endo wouldnt,but hes out of town till next week,but the urse is going to give him the message,im gonna tell you,if he doesnt do anything about it,im gone to another endo,and i told the nurse that,i was really pissed when i talked to her!

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    That is where all your T is going. It is being converted to E2. So you need an AI to halt the conversion and get the E2 level back down to a respectiable level. This will also drive up your T levels since much less will be converted to E2.
    is all of my T going to estrogen? or just alot of it? my GP said he needs to put me on Arimidex ,and its cheap at the pharmacy,like 20 bucks for a 30 day supply of 1mg tablets,would would be the proper dose to take and how often.................i had a feeling something was up cause ive read a lot of yall on trt that are feeling great,but im not,hell im still tired,no energy,cant get rid of some bodyfat around my stomach,even though i diet right and do cardio,what does high estrogen cause men to feel like?

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    Finding a dose of adex that works for you can be alot of work even with bloodwork. I'm not sure where most people start but my e2 was a hair over 100 at one point. Dr put me on .25 e3d if I remeber correctly. We've played with it back and forth a little since then and before my last bloodwork I was at .25 eod. For some reason he didn't test e2(he admitted the mistake) so I was stuck working by trial and error. I've taken as much as .25 ed but after a short period realized I had driven my e2 too low and back off to where I'm taking .25 2 days then none two days.

MY high e2 symptoms were limited to a little less go than normal and bacne. But once I started taking the higher dosages the symptoms returned.

During this process we also dialed back my test dose from 100 e4d to 100 e5d.

There was testing that adex is just as effective at lowering e2 when dosed at .5 ed compared to 1mg ed. Not sure how this tranlates to lower dosages but its something to consider.

The general starting point for an AI dose ratio to T protocol is 1 mg AI to every 100 mg T. BW follow-up will dial the AI dose.

IMO, it's best to take an AI on an EOD basis as it really helps to level out the conversion to T to E and eliminate hi and low stuff.

Really glade to see you got the numbers BF to get things straight...and the sooner the better for both you and your body!

Good luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    The general starting point for an AI dose ratio to T protocol is 1 mg AI to every 100 mg T. BW follow-up will dial the AI dose.

IMO, it's best to take an AI on an EOD basis as it really helps to level out the conversion to T to E and eliminate hi and low stuff.

Really glade to see you got the numbers BF to get things straight...and the sooner the better for both you and your body!

Good luck!!!!
    brother i really appreciate the comment,and to tell you the truth,i wouldve never got my estrogen checked if it hadnt been for reading all these post on this forum,you guys are the best!!!

Thread Information