Two very good articles

Gents - I do my best to educate myself on all medical matters regarding my health and especially my TRT management. I read Life Extension Magazine and find most of what I read very interesting and because all the information is supported by documented and published research I can do further "drill down" on specific topics.

The two links below will take you to 2 very interesting articles. The first article may be just a review for some but for guys new to low test it could be very educational. The 2nd article focuses on the dangers of E2 imbalances to men (pay attention to the info on HDL!).

I hope you find these of interest and my best to you all as always!

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...d#/7200b0ed/86

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...d#/7200b0ed/72

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well, there you have it. A study that show E2 optimal E2 levels:

"The men in the balanced quintile—
    with the fewest deaths—had
    serum estradiol levels between
    21.80 and 30.11 pg/mL. This is
    virtually the ideal range that Life
    Extension® has long recommended
    male members strive for."

Thanks for the links.

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    very good reads for someone like me who is new to all of this.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm a little confused on the 2nd article's optimal free testosterone level. It claims that 20 - 25 pg/mL is optimal; however, my labs (Quest) list a range of 46-224 pg/mL. So I would be really low if I tested out at 25 pg/mL.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for posting G. Nice to see we are and have been on track with most of the advise we give on this board. Now, if only physicians would take the time to study articles on this subject by their own peers.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Thanks for posting G. Nice to see we are and have been on track with most of the advise we give on this board. Now, if only physicians would take the time to study articles on this subject by their own peers.
    Amazing isn't it Flats that [we] men can read medical research/studies and articles like these and have a significantly better understanding re TRT management protocols then a licensed Medical Doctor. Physicians prescribing one month injections of 200 mgs, never checking for rise in E2 levels, won't prescribe hCG because "it's a fertility drug" or won't prescribe an Aromatase Inhibitor because "it's a cancer drug" are far to common unfortunately. As a result, and as we see here on this board, men continue to suffer.

We all need to take responsibility for our own health and management of our individual protocols. This means, to me, reading and understanding the mechanisms that go to work when we start using these drugs, the affects it has on our bodies and how to manage them to ideal levels.

In the end we will all enjoy happy, healthy, active and long lives!

Thread Information