kochi is offline New Member

Thinking of Trying TRT for a month.

I've post a little on this before, essentially I had an injury over a year ago and have not yet fully recovered. I seem to have the symptoms of Low T and finally got tested. Initially 289 was my number then later Tested in the morning and did the full Gamut. My T as that point was 500. I still feel crummy.

I had a blood test last week which show my blood glucose at 117. Not terrible but pre-diabetic I understand.

I still feel crummy, achy, tierd, can't work out. I could pop 100 pushups like butta now I can't do 10. This is a year later.

I can't find anything else and was considering tryng to get my level to 800 get me some momentum and then perhaps weening off.

Doc is trying to tell me that it's GAD/OCD causing me pain etc.. but folks am just not sure. Not being able to workout any more is definitely been hell for me.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    If doc is telling you GAD/OCD, then an SSRI may help. Anxiety can throw a ton of things of, even if you don't feel it directly. However, it doesn't mean he's right.

One month of TRT won't do anything. It takes a while to build up and find your right dose. TRT is a LONG (life) process.

You also need more tested other than your total testosterone . I'd have a LSH and FSH to see if you are shutdown or not. You also need to check your estrogen levels. Free Testosterone is needed as well. What is your bodyfat % at?

The second time around I tested it ALL and the urologist said everything (see below) looked fine.

PROCEDURE UNITS REF RANGE

WBC 6.3 K/M3 4.0-11

RBC 5.67 M/MM3 4.30-6.00

HGB 16.6 G.DL 13.5-17

HCT 48 % 40-53

MCV 85 FL 78-100

MCH 29 PG 27-34

MCHC 34 % 31-37

RDW 11.9 % 11.5-14.5

PLATELET 180 K/MM3 140-440

DIFF TYPE AUTO DIFF PERF

SEGS 56 % 40-85

LYMPHS 33 % 22-44

MONOS 8 % 3-15

E0S 3 % 0-7

BASOS 0 % 0-2

ABSOLUTE
    NUTROPHIL
    CONT 3. K/UL >=1.00

ESTRADITOL 37 PG/ML

FREE T, S 15.6 NG.DL 9-30
    TOTAL T S 502 NG/DL 240-950
    LH 7.38 MIU/ML
    FSH 5.6 MIU/ML 1-10

PROLACTIN 6.72 NG/ML
    CORTISOL 11.62 UG/DL

I am pretty sure that my anxiety is a symptom not a cause. I am pretty much out of ideas and have tested for everything to explain why I feel like I am 80 (only 33.) he said some docs might do the trt at 500 but he wasn't one of them. I already had a prescription from the intitial 289 so he was cool with me trying it if I wanted. My CBC was high and said I would have to be monitored.

I just wanna get better.

vit d is at 31, improvement from 25.

Never checked body fat, but am 5 11 and weight 180

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    my opinion is MOST men over 30(even younger if hpta was affected) can/will aid from optimizing their test levels and decreasing or keeping estro in check...

from what i've read is men's test levels are on a downward spiral over the last several decades or longer

I wonder if it has anything to do with VIT D??? (the spiral)

SO you are thinking better to go the suppressing estro route? What means?

thanks.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    One month? TRT isnt like trying a COSTCO membership for a month to see if you like it. You're either in or out - there's no trying it. Doing so could only screw up yr T levels further...

Quote Originally Posted by kochi View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with VIT D??? (the spiral)

SO you are thinking better to go the suppressing estro route? What means?

thanks.
    i was speaking for the masses not necessarily you ALTHOUGH that being said (in bold) i know one of my primary doctors spoke of having a similar decent T level and said he thought about just knocking the e2 back that he felt was a lil high...i think i've seen a few posts in this forum of similar suggested protocols but not many and dont remember how it went, etc. Some dont follow up and update....37 for e2 isnt ridiculously high but not being on any test thats causing it to be a little up there is a lil suspect

bump for more opinions

API - I realize that. I talked with the Urologist about it. I am out of ideas as to what is causing my symptoms. I will retest again in a month and see what where I fall. If it happens to be between 300-500 and seeing that most people my age are around 800 it might be something that is helps. IE. if I get to 800 and still feel the same then I know that's not the issue. If I feel great and am able to work out and get back to normal that I have to rethink things.

The doc says it's likely, after doing TRT for a month and stopping I will have the opposite effect, so am aware of it. Maybe partly this is ignorance, but the thinking was the same along the lines of people on here "cycling."

jpkman - so was I. Was thinking that maybe the reason that T is in decline is Vitamin D? We spend so much time indoors and with winter etc.

Was far as e2 the doc had mentioned something along the lines of the ration being 10-1 of between T and E (I think.)

SO I guess here is the real question then - when my T was 289 it was no question I needed TRT. But on the second it being 500, do I really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by kochi View Post
    API - I realize that. I talked with the Urologist about it. I am out of ideas as to what is causing my symptoms. I will retest again in a month and see what where I fall. If it happens to be between 300-500 and seeing that most people my age are around 800 it might be something that is helps. IE. if I get to 800 and still feel the same then I know that's not the issue. If I feel great and am able to work out and get back to normal that I have to rethink things.

The doc says it's likely, after doing TRT for a month and stopping I will have the opposite effect, so am aware of it. Maybe partly this is ignorance, but the thinking was the same along the lines of people on here "cycling."

jpkman - so was I. Was thinking that maybe the reason that T is in decline is Vitamin D? We spend so much time indoors and with winter etc.

Was far as e2 the doc had mentioned something along the lines of the ration being 10-1 of between T and E (I think.)

SO I guess here is the real question then - when my T was 289 it was no question I needed TRT. But on the second it being 500, do I really need it.
    500 imo is not optimal...thats what i been trying to say...unlike a lot of guys on this forum i favor trt if symptoms of low T are present and bloodwork shows lower than optimal

Thanks for you time jpkman and your feedback.

Any other opinions on this?

anytime bro..hope u get this figured out and be out sky diving soon

keep us posted

Thread Information