swllce is offline Associate Member

Pulling The trigger

So i finally have my Cypionate and Anaztrozole on hand.
    I was prescribed 200 mg /week test C ,3/ 1.2mg Annastrozole/week.
    Stats 38, 5'11'' 200ibs 17%bf Testosterone 271, range
    170-***
    I am worried that sides will outweigh benefits.
    Hairloss and balls shrinking and infertility being at the top of my list.
    For starters i was thinking of taking 100mg test C/week .
    I am not sure how much anaztrozole to take with that test c dosage,or what to expect while on such a low dosage?
    Also if i went with an Hcg protocol would TRT become unaffordable?
    I am in good shape ,no 6 pack but decent muscle mass.
    I have aches and pains ,libido is slowed down,lack of motivation and a bla feeling about life in general.
    I guess what i would like to know is should i wait a few years to see if things are worse?
    Last edited by swllce; 05-15-2011 at 08:46 PM.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you want to feel the way you do now and progressively worse for the next couple years? You got low T, it probably wont get better on its own , not being a smartass just stating the obvious because I know how freakin difficult it was for me to pull the trigger but when you look at the "reality" of where you are physically it becomes obvious what you need to do. It aint easy to take that first step but there are many who have done it and are doing GREAT, educate yourself the best you can and do what you need to.

HCG does cost money but it can be well worth it. Can you post your blood work, someone on here will help you interpret anything you have a question about I'm sure.

Anastrozol dose is around 1mg a week per 100mg of test a week, a starting point anyway, AIs can be tricky with some sides from too high or too low E2
    Last edited by JD250; 05-16-2011 at 12:57 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with all above and would like to add that it would have been great to have had your e2 tested first if you did please post em up in this thread...at 100mg of test and only being 17% i would want to do the least to no AI as possible

my .02

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    I'm on same TRT as you, don't worry about sides, you won't see what you mention, anastrazole will do the job, make sure you got HCG to keep fertility and avoid shrinkage, they are not expensive,

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i haven't met a single person on TRT who doesn't like it.. my dad just got on it at the age of 71.. he's back in the garden doing what he loves.. he never had the energy before.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    ive been on trt for almost 5 weeks now and feel great, my strength has really came back, but can you lose fertility on trt if you dont take hcg ?

[QUOTE=lifter65;5641856]ive been on trt for almost 5 weeks now and feel great, my strength has really came back, but can you lose fertility on trt if you dont take hcg?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and much more. There's a lot of informaiton on this site that will educate you on why hCG is needed as part of your protocol. Also, Google is your friend...

ok thanks im going to have to press my doc for hcg then

ive been searching but cant find what im looking for about hcg , can you point me in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    ive been searching but cant find what im looking for about hcg, can you point me in the right direction
    Start here:
    http://www.drdach.com/John_Crisler_on__HCG.html

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    agree with all above and would like to add that it would have been great to have had your e2 tested first if you did please post em up in this thread...at 100mg of test and only being 17% i would want to do the least to no AI as possible

my .02
    Bloodwork E2 ,15 Total testosterone 271, range 170-*** Free t 6.7 psa .4

Thanks for all the replys.
    I am thinking of starting out slow and then eventually add in the hcg .
    Jabbin yourself for the next 30 years is just to much to grasp.
    I will have to take baby steps.
    Please chime in on the bloodwork.

Chichester is offline New Member
    I started the gel a week ago, my doc said we could switch to something other than testim later on. I have a bad pituitary, and my LH was 1.4 mIU/mL, very low. Do I only need hcg if I take like 200mg/week of test C? Or do I need it even if I weren't taking testosterone ? I'm just getting started. I too am thinking of starting slow.

Quote Originally Posted by vickenkalle View Post
    Thanks for all the replys.
    I am thinking of starting out slow and then eventually add in the hcg .
    Jabbin yourself for the next 30 years is just to much to grasp.
    I will have to take baby steps.
    Please chime in on the bloodwork.
    bloodwork and descrip of symptoms shows perfect candidate for trt and the e2-AI question remains....where as the 100mg of test to 1mg of arimidex belief might be spot on i just like the idea of adding it in a little later...almost like you are with the hcg...you will only be running test by itself at first so you can see how you feel with that..from there you can even play with THAT dose up or down before adding in another compound (AI or HCG)

my .02

best of luck...look forward to your updates

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    bloodwork and descrip of symptoms shows perfect candidate for trt and the e2-AI question remains....where as the 100mg of test to 1mg of arimidex belief might be spot on i just like the idea of adding it in a little later...almost like you are with the hcg ...you will only be running test by itself at first so you can see how you feel with that..from there you can even play with THAT dose up or down before adding in another compound (AI or HCG)

my .02

best of luck...look forward to your updates

And that's some valuable .02 my friend, good advise as usual.

So i started off today 5/18/2011, with 100mg of Test cypionate .
    My Prescribed AI is Anaztrosole 1.1mg capsules.
    My original script calls for 200 mg test C /week and 3 Anaztrosole 1.1 mg /week.
    At 100 mg Test C, how many Anaztrosole a week would be efficient for keeping e2 in check?
    My e2 before trt is 15.
    Capsules have powder in them so there goes the pill cutter idea.What to do?
    I really would hate to waste time and money converting perfectly good ''T'' to Estrogen.

At 100mg a week with an e2 baseline of 15, I would be tempted to say no to AI for a while and see how you feel, JPK mentioned it earlier I believe, just try it without and see how you feel.

But.....if you do need it.....a rule of thumb would be 1mg on anastrozol a week for every 100mg of test per week........I have been doing .25 mg every other day with good results.

As far as splitting a capsule.....pour out the contents and make the correct amount of piles to get what you want then just pour your dose in a small glass of water when you need it, I store my extra loose doses in those little minature cupcake papers and then set those someplace safe in a small tupperware
    container.

Since I use 1mg capsules I take a knife or razor blade and seperate the contents into 4 separate piles thus making 4 doses at .25 mg each.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My E2 was 4 baseline. It jumped to 33 on 100 mg T per week. Your results may vary.

My suggestion on the Anaztrosole dosage is to start lower, but that is your decision. Regarding the capsule issue and cutting them, keep the capsules as backup and traveling on planes and buy liquid Anaztrosole (liquidex). Liquid is more of a hassel to take, but you can adjust your dosage very easily. The liquid form is also less expensive than doing the prescription unless your insurance covers the prescription 100%. Even with my co-pay I save a little by buying liquidex out of pocket.

Feelin good 48 hours after my first test c injection.
    I injected at the side of butt cheek and it hurts like a s.o.b when i sit down or bend over.Will it always hurt days after pinning?
    I can deal with it ,just wondering?

Feelin good 48 hours after my first test c injection.
    I injected at the side of butt cheek and it hurts like a s.o.b when i sit down or bend over.Will it always hurt days after pinning?
    I can deal with it ,just wondering?
    2 or 3 shots in 5 years has resultd in ANY soreness for me....i dont know what was the cause...nicked vein, pushed plunger in too fast, idk...but its rare bro...i and most use a 23 guage for arse

I'm not sure what causes that, I do know that I ALWAYS aspirate , never pulled blood yet but I have had a gusher when I removed the needle once or twice....those are the ones that were sore for a few days.

Make sure you are pinning in the UPPER-OUTER quadrant......very little pain in that area. I switch back and forth from one cheek to the other every 5 days and have virtually no discomfort, I've gotten to the point where I can pin, aspirate and plunge with one hand (even left handed) without much problem.....once in a while I move too much and that will make you sore but its rare anymore.

Good luck bro.

meathead320 is offline Member
    hmmm...for those who would prefer the tablets of anastrozole for breaking into qurters, I know that if you fill your prescription at costco sells it in tablets, and at a very low price. 180 1mg pills cost me just a bit over 100$ USD. Not too hard to quarter with a razor.

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    I'm not sure what causes that, I do know that I ALWAYS aspirate , never pulled blood yet but I have had a gusher when I removed the needle once or twice....those are the ones that were sore for a few days.

Make sure you are pinning in the UPPER-OUTER quadrant......very little pain in that area. I switch back and forth from one cheek to the other every 5 days and have virtually no discomfort, I've gotten to the point where I can pin, aspirate and plunge with one hand (even left handed) without much problem.....once in a while I move too much and that will make you sore but its rare anymore.

Good luck bro.
    agree with the area talk...

but how the f do you not pin with one hand...lol

Damn good question..........I actually just tried to reach with both hands.......I hurt myself.

I will try the thigh next time.Had such a good week,great workouts,is it too early to feel some effects?
    Is every 5 days more common ot trt ?I plan to hold off on Ai until i i feel i need it.

I will try the thigh next time.Had such a good week,great workouts,is it too early to feel some effects?
    Is every 5 days more common ot trt ?I plan to hold off on Ai until i i feel i need it.
    No, once a week is most common, I was feeling a little low on days 6 and 7 so I started pinning a little less mg every 5 days to compensate for half life drop. Most feel just fine on once a week shots.

I've pinned in the thigh before, always made me a little sore, guess I never found the sweet spot, much easier though.

never thought of pinning anywhere but glutes

i say no..its not too early...go with it...tear it up..

the umbilical has been cut..

we'll be looking for the pics of you at 14% bf

Thread Information