double chicken is offline Associate Member

Sabotage Blood Results

If the doctor trys to put you in the middle of the range for Testosterone say 542 ng/dl (249-836) but I would prefer to be around 700. Then would it hurt to take less than what he is prescribing so that he thinks you need more and prescribes more?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How much is your doc prescribing for you now?

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    How much is your doc prescribing for you now?
    Has not prescribed it yet. we were going to wait until a sperm ate my wifes egg and grew into a baby. BUT I can no longer deal with low T symptoms so I am going back in to see doc in a couple of weeks to get started.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by double chicken View Post
    If the doctor trys to put you in the middle of the range for Testosterone say 542 ng/dl (249-836) but I would prefer to be around 700. Then would it hurt to take less than what he is prescribing so that he thinks you need more and prescribes more?
    would it hurt what?

What are the risks?

sirupate is offline Member
    Risk is he finds out via future bloodtesting that you've been "messing with him" and doesn't trust you anymore. The risk is probably low if you do things consistantly. I think many of us have attempted to influence bloodwork results one time or another. I think the best policy is to play it straight and find another doctor if yours won't help you feel the way you want to be feeling.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by double chicken View Post
    See this is what I can't stand about many of these professionals, in that they say we'll put you in the middle just 'because' or to play it safe. I know you have to shoot for a number, but why 'the middle', and not more for what your body should be at for your age, etc. If the average for an 85 year old is 249 and the average for an 18 year old is 836 (just making these up), then what is a good number for someone of your age? They'll have no clue but just shoot for 'the middle'... ok - semi rant off!

Of course, the question for you is why do you want to be around 700?

Anyway, as others have said dc, it's probably best to play it straight so you know how you feel at the prescribed dosage. You may feel GREAT at his magic 542 so 700 may not be the right fit for you? Maybe it's 850? You won't know until you get into it and get stabilized. I think most of us have thought that 'more is better', but at some point or level it isn't. The goal is to get to the level that makes you feel the best while limiting the sides.

So I'm also betting that hitting the mid-500's (the range my original Dr. wanted for me too) will feel awesome if you're really low now, so I don't think starting at that will be bad at all.

Now, if you ever want to play a little bit with the #'s, either give yourself a little less on your injection before your blood test, or wait a day or two longer than normal before you get the test and you'll definitely test lower.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    also,,, if you and the wife are considering having a baby,,, i would be careful not to further lower your sperm count.

it took me almost 1 year to get the wife pregnant,, because i never took hcg during the years of trt.

taking clomid for months is NOT fun!

talk to the doc about what you want.

chicken

do u have to go in for your shot(s)?

how often do you have to drive your as$ into the office and get a shot ...does he charge each fn time you go in for shot?

if you aint going in for shots then wtf r we talkin bout anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    chicken

do u have to go in for your shot(s)?

how often do you have to drive your as$ into the office and get a shot ...does he charge each fn time you go in for shot?

if you aint going in for shots then wtf r we talkin bout anyway
    Dude, I love your posts!

Also, why focus so much on Total Test Ranges? The one really most important to us all are Free T and Bio T; this is the shit that makes the magic happen for us all anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Dude, I love your posts!

Also, why focus so much on Total Test Ranges? The one really most important to us all are Free T and Bio T; this is the shit that makes the magic happen for us all anyway!
    thanks bro..i like to help keep it a little light but like to back these guys up and help em anyway i can...

about total/free test...

i know its important to have the test freed up but if someone's free test was normal/optimal but total was around 200 would all be ok? ..

idk....symptoms play a big part as well...this last year i've seen a few guys and you prolly have as well where their totals are in the upper 400's but either low free T or symptoms are beggin for the needle

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    thanks bro..i like to help keep it a little light but like to back these guys up and help em anyway i can...

about total/free test...

i know its important to have the test freed up but if someone's free test was normal/optimal but total was around 200 would all be ok? ..
    idk....symptoms play a big part as well...this last year i've seen a few guys and you prolly have as well where their totals are in the upper 400's but either low free T or symptoms are beggin for the needle
    I know that! I was referring to someone already on a TRT protocol and who presented with higher Total T values. Having Total T of say 800 but Free T of 1.2% is a problem.

My last BW had my Total T in the low 1100's. But my Free T was 2.58% and Bio T was 68%...damn near perfect with E2 at 22! My Doc was not concerned about the Total T value as the Free and Bio are in optimal ranges.

Thread Information