vetek12 is offline New Member

question about my doc

so ive been on trt for about 7-8 months now and when i recently got my last reandron injection i asked my doc about being placed on hcg and he said its only necessary for people who want to be fertile so he wouldnt give it to me. if i want to be placed on it can he refuse or not?

another thing that blew my mind is that he plans to eventually take me off trt and see if my normal test will kick start and go back to normal, i stared at him like some sort of idiot but ill see what happens.

my endo refused to put me on hcg and an a.i which im done having children,so the hcg didnt matter,most will refuse of the ones ive been treated by.How old are you,thats why he stated he may take you off trt,depends on your age

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First, a doctor is not required to write any prescription. In fact, by law he is responsible for what he does prescribe even if he does it as a result of having his arm twisted by his patient.

Second, you can choose any doctor you want. Your doctor does not understand HPTA shutdown, etc. This is what hcg is for when on T.

Going on TRT never kickstarts your own T production. Doing PCT after coming off will hopefully get your system back to where it was before doing the T. In your case, it was low so it will go back to being low. I don't know your age, but if you are young, overweight, and coming off some other medical problems then maybe a run at "kickstarting" your system and not staying on TRT for life is a valid goal.

I'm not familiar with reandron, so not quite sure what's going on there. That said, there are some meds that do work to try and kick start your normal T production. T is most certainly *not* one of them. In fact it *will* shut down any normal production in time. As for HCG , my doc who has been exceptionally cool about everything up to this point, including adding an AI after much effort on my part, and providing written medical testimonials, still would not write me a script for HCG. I finally went ahead and got in on my own and I'm glad I did. I informed him what I was doing and he's OK with it, just not willing to write it himself.

The sad truth is, *most* doctors really don't know much about HRT in men and are largely misinformed about a lot of related matters. It's a bigger issue I won't go into here, just that as stated above, you don't have to use the doctor you have if you're not happy... Yes it's a drag to find another, but it's your health and it's up to you whether you want to make the effort.

Best of luck.

My doc did not start me on HCG with my T. He did agree to put me on it 10 weeks later at our followup appointment. At that time, he also told me he doesn't like to start HCG with T, because some people never go into shutdown, no shrinkage, etc. and he doesn't want to put someone on HCG is they don't need it. He also told me only about 15% of his clients don't have shrinkage, and have some sort of decent LH levels after going on T.

But to the point, a doc that flatly refuses HCG is lacking in my book.

burndawg is offline New Member
    Does anyone have some link to medical testimonies of hcg that do not have steroids in the name? Would be a grea help. I have been looking for ones on hcg and deca (for joint pain)

The problem you will run into is that prescribing hcg to a male is not an FDA approved use of hcg. Although a doc can prescribe any medication "off label" for any purpose, it is something many docs do not like to do. My doc had me sign a form informing me that some of the drugs he would prescribe may be "off label".

So unless you can find FDA/AMA literature, your doc may not go for it.

You are also fighting this image:
    "HCG was one of the “prohibited substances” found in Los Angeles Dodgers baseball player, Manny Ramirez. Why would a substance used by thousands for their weight loss solution would be banned from professional sports? Well just like the majority of listed substances banned, it has to do with steroids ."

This is the only thing I found at FDA.gov that comes close. It talks about using hcg in boys who do not have decended testicles. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsa...016s156lbl.pdf
    Last edited by GotNoBlueMilk; 05-30-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Thread Information