Jake14 is offline Junior Member

Problem With Injecting HCQ SQ

I have been using HCG for about 4 months. I am injecting SQ in the stomach area. When injecting a couple of times, I got a dime size bump. First time this happened, I just pressed on the bump to make it go down, second time I did the same but got a large bruise that subsequently went a way. Any idea what I am doing wrong? If it happens again, should I just ignore it because it will ultimately be absorbed? Use a 27 gage 1.25" needed because I used to inject IM. I insert the needle about 1/2 inch into fat. Thanks for you help.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A 1.25" needle is way too long for SubQ, so I hope you only stick it in about 1/2 inch. Also, I pinch the skin up so I make sure and stay subq. The bruise means you hit a blood vessel. It happens.

The lump was probbly just the fluid that had not discipated yet. So that means you aren't putting the needle in the whole 1.25 inches. Try pinching the skin up into a fold though, and making sure you go at least a half inch deep. Makes for less of a lump because the fluid is not as close to the surface.

Thread Information