Whatazor is offline New Member

There's stupid then there's me........

I'm 38 and I have Hypogonadism. I'm prescribed 100mg of test cypionate a week. Here's where the stupidity comes in, without paying attention I have been injecting 1cc a week,that's 250mgs.
    So is there any side affects I should be concerned with? And can I go back to 100mg with no affect?

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    In the shortest answer.. Yes. 250mg is not high at all in comparison to a cycle, its a big high for trt. some are on 200mg prescribed. just drop back to your 100mg

Yes, big iron is correct, there are neg sides that can affect you. While not a cycle it's not optimal. If not on an AI your E2 is likely to spike for a while converting your T into E2 with some neg sides. Just go back to your prescribed dosage and you will eventually metabolize the excess.

What is your prescribed protocol? AI? HCG ?

I was not prescribed any AI or HCG . Do you have any suggestions?

streeter is offline Associate Member
    Honestly if you have no sides yet and you drop back you should be fine. But if your worried go to privatemd.com and get blood work done. I take 200mg every 7 days with very little AI and HCG but have never had a problem.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Drop back to 100 and chill for a few more weeks, then get a blood test and see where your at, you might need more anyway, you sure as heck need to see about HCG and possibly an AI in the future.

No doubt about the HCG ...and unless he's blessed with a super human liver he will need an AI at some point. Heck, standard start-out protocol calls for 1 mg AI for evefry 100 mg Cyp. BW will tell the story.

Titleesq is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    No doubt about the HCG...and unless he's blessed with a super human liver he will need an AI at some point. Heck, standard start-out protocol calls for 1 mg AI for evefry 100 mg Cyp. BW will tell the story.
    Gd,
    Does that number of 1mg of AI per 100mg of test need to be increased for men who are overweight? If so, what dosage would you recommend? Thanks bro. Btw, I'm 5ft 6in @ about 185.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You will be fine

Flats is correct. That dosage, starting out, will be fine with where you are at weight wise.

BTW, be prepared to losing a lot of that weight. You won't recognize yourself in 6 months

Watch what you eat and keep a good workout routine.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Flats is correct. That dosage, starting out, will be fine with where you are at weight wise.

BTW, be prepared to losing a lot of that weight. You won't recognize yourself in 6 months

Watch what you eat and keep a good workout routine.
    gd
    flats was speaking about the op.....were you in your last post..i'm confused

I'm confused too. So I should drop back to 100mg on my next shot, wait a few weeks and have my blood retested and look into getting HCG and AI right? Thanks Guys!

Ok, let me see if I can get it right this time.

You can drop back to 100 mg on your next injection and stay the course get BW done in about 6 weeks and see where you stand in regards to your hormone panel (make sure you get an E2 sensitive assay).

You will be in HPTA shutdown almost from the start. You won't see the neg sides of testicular atrophy for some time (it generally varies by age)...but make no mistake it will happen. It's your choice if you want HCG but it's highly recommended by most TRT Docs in the know.

If you use an AI the usual starting dose is 1 mg per 100 mg of test. So in this case you would take 1 mg of Anastrozole (or something similar) the day you inject your 100 mg of test.

And I see how I got eveyone confused; I thought our boy flats was responding to the post about increasing HCG based on weight...my error.

This help What?

gdevine Thank you very much!

In my PM I forgot to ask; does your GP understand he needs to test for E2 and how to control it with an AI? This is VERY IMPORTANT! If your E2 rises you will feel like crap and all that good test is being converted to E2 making things worse for you.

Thread Information