Titleesq is offline Junior Member

Any Problems With Using a 1cc Syringe?

Hey guys. I have been using a 3cc syringe for my injects, but it seems like I will be able to get a more accurate measure using a 1cc instead. My test is dosed @ 200mg/mL. I am currently dosing 100mg EW, but plan on splitting that up into 2 doses EW. It just seems like it would be easier to measure this small dose in a 1cc versus a 3cc. I use a 23 gauge needle, but I know the oil is pretty thick and I'm not sure if the 1cc will be able to handle it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Never tried it. I guess you could buy one needle and try it.

By the way, I asked my pharmacist this question, and she had NO clue.........

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    A pharmacist has probably never given a test im shot.

sirupate is offline Member
    Should work fine. I used 3cc syringes for a while, but it is harder to get an accurate measure with a 3cc as compared to a 1cc syringe. I'm now using a 0.5cc slin pin to do my injecting and that is even more accurate. Of course, your max injection is .5cc with that kind of syringe. Try a 25ga. needle sometime, unless the 23ga doesn't bother you at all.

Thanks Sirupate. To be honest I don't have much experience self-injecting, but so far have had no problems with the 23G. I'll give the 25 a shot one of these days.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use 1 cc syring, do 2x/week. Can't imagine using a 3 cc for 0.25 cc of Test.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    I use 1 cc syring, do 2x/week. Can't imagine using a 3 cc for 0.25 cc of Test.
    Exactly my point.

Thanks for chiming, appreciated as always.......

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    Should work fine. I used 3cc syringes for a while, but it is harder to get an accurate measure with a 3cc as compared to a 1cc syringe. I'm now using a 0.5cc slin pin to do my injecting and that is even more accurate. Of course, your max injection is .5cc with that kind of syringe. Try a 25ga. needle sometime, unless the 23ga doesn't bother you at all.
    How hard is it pushing the oil through a pin that small? Takes me a long time even with a 23g.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i always use a 3cc syringe i buy them in bulk and no matter if i'm shooting 100mg or 300mg there is never a problem with the measurements nor do i see how there could be....and even if your aim was say 50mg and you acutally drew 50 or 48 NO BIGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MY .02

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    the only problem i can think of using a 1cc syringe,, is that since the syringe itself will be much thinner than a 3cc,, it may make it more difficult to handle when doing the injection,, especially awkward butt shots.

meaning it can be more flimsy in your hand, as opposed to a thicker, more stable syringe like a 3cc.

Quote Originally Posted by bd50 View Post
    the only problem i can think of using a 1cc syringe,, is that since the syringe itself will be much thinner than a 3cc,, it may make it more difficult to handle when doing the injection,, especially awkward butt shots.

meaning it can be more flimsy in your hand, as opposed to a thicker, more stable syringe like a 3cc.
    Never thought about that. My 3 y/o uses big crayons for the same reason.

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    How hard is it pushing the oil through a pin that small? Takes me a long time even with a 23g.
    It injects easier than you would think. Takes a while to get the syringe loaded, but 40 or 50mg. goes in in about 20 seconds.

I pull through a 27g needle. 0.5 ml (50 mg) takes about 60 seconds tops. Waiting 60 seconds, versus jacking with multiple needles is my preference. The key is to pull back the plunger a lot further than what you want to draw. So for 0.5ml, pull the plunger back to the 1 ml mark, wait until you get about 0.6 ml in the syrnge, then push the plunger to the 0.5 ml mark. This gets rid of the air nicely, no messing with needles, etc. Just have to wait for 60 seconds. I hear JP gets head from his wife during this 60 seconds. So there you go!

Hey guys. I can now report back on my own experience using a 1cc syringe. I injected this morning and it was a piece of cake (I inject in my quads). I'll keep some 3cc syringes on hand, but from now on my go to is gonna be the 1cc. For me personally it was much easier to get an accurate measurement and I'm a small guy so handling and injecting the 1cc was no problem for me.

Thanks to everyone for their input!!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    I pull through a 27g needle. 0.5 ml (50 mg) takes about 60 seconds tops. Waiting 60 seconds, versus jacking with multiple needles is my preference. The key is to pull back the plunger a lot further than what you want to draw. So for 0.5ml, pull the plunger back to the 1 ml mark, wait until you get about 0.6 ml in the syrnge, then push the plunger to the 0.5 ml mark. This gets rid of the air nicely, no messing with needles, etc. Just have to wait for 60 seconds. I hear JP gets head from his wife during this 60 seconds. So there you go!
    totally lol'd

titleist glad you got your protocol pinned down

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    Maybe it's an age thing. I have been doing 2 sticks per week splitting a 125 dosage for the past 3 1/2 years. When i switched to a european (BP) test cyp my blood tests were all testing high and the sides were there with it. Switched back to US only (after just a couple of months) and never seemed to get the sides under control again. My pharmacist recommended the 1 cc syringe....still pull from the vial with an 18 and inject with a 22 so haven't noticed a problem with thickness. Actually, i like it better because, and maybe all of us have been there, we naturally err on the high side...repeatedly...or i did. Seriously, pimples at 60? Bad enough having to inject my apathy away but to have adolescence with it? So mate...short answer...the 1 cc is OK by me. Always know exactly what you are sticking and by switching pins you shouldn't experience any problems with viscosity.
    Last edited by whiteowl; 08-23-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: additonal thought

Thread Information