khemix is offline New Member

Do I need higher T or lower T?

Hi all,

I'm a 24 year old college student who recently got his T tested which had come out on the low range (250ng/dL I think). As odd as this seems, I was expecting high T due to face acne and very high libido. Yet, I also exhibit some of the symptoms of low T... I sleep 10 hours a day, feel tired/fatigued, less assertive, tire at gym easily, my memory has turned to crap, no energy, etc.

My biggest concerns are libido and my energy/memory. I think about sex constantly and its really annoying. I have long "marathon sessions" to quell this urge that eat up a lot of my time. On the other hand, I am in a very competitive science program and I just feel "blah" all the time and don't remember things as well as I used to. Its a struggle to get out of bed too.

Initially I was going to lower my T with something like Andorcur... but after getting the blood work it seems that I may need to actually increase it with injections. Thing is I'm really scared about the T mental effects... I hear they turn you into a dull, impulsive, and aggressive meathead - which would slaughter my GPA. And the last thing I need is a stronger libido.

So what do you think? And for those of you who've tried T, how does it affect your intelligence/cognitive ability? Thank you very much.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is the range for that T reading? Also, what was your estrogen level and the range for that reading?

Acne is usually from high E2 levels. If your E2 levels are high, you probably have a high body fat % too. That too can lead to low energy levels. Thyroid is another thing to be concerned about and have that checked.

Out of whack E2 levels can contribute to memory issues, but then so can a lot of things, including thyroid.

khemix is offline New Member
    I don't remember the range off hand, but it was maybe 50 points above the min and definitely on the low end. Thyroid was fine. I did not get an E2 measure. Yes my body fat has gone up, it was pretty high the last time I had it checked.

So do I get tamoxifen to lower E2 or what?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tamoxifen does not lower E2; it only reduces E2 receptors effectiveness.

To lower E2 you need an AI. Arimidex (anastrozole) is the most common. Hopefully I spelled both of those correctly.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    please someone answer this for me...

if the measurements are the same (ng/dl) what/how would the reference range factor/be relevant

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    As far as your GPA, mine actually went up once I started TRT. Literally every aspect of my life improved.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great point JP. Seems I have usually been on the wrong end of this answer over the years. But I have seen the light. I think you are correct....

Thread Information