florida2001 is offline New Member

Synthroid+ armour thyroid ..gaining weight??

HI,
    Im HYPOthyroid taking synthroid 200mcg + doc put me on Armour thyroid 60 mg. im gaining weight. Don't understand why. is here some relationship with overactive thyroid? i wuld think opposite. my test result shows im overmedicated...thyreotoxicosis TSH 0.01, T3 , t4...behind the normal range. i exercise 6-7 days ( weights+ lot of cardio, high intensity) watching what i eat.

doctor also found cyst on ovary 3.5 cm....they said I should not worried, but im gaining weight....so where is the problem thyroid or cyst? solution? they suggest me to go on birth control pills....im worried to start gaining even more!!!

T4 free 2.3 normal range 0.8-1.8
    TSH 0.01 normal 0.4 - 4.5
    T3 total 109 normal 76 - 181
    im female 5'6" 32 115lb

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    usually with the t-3 in the armour your metabolism would ramp up some....this is very strange indeed. Any other blood work available?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    I've heard many people complain of weight gain due to water retention from thyroid medications. Hopefully this is just the case w/ you and it won't be a problem any longer once your thyroid levels become more balanced.

It's extremely common for us to have one or more cysts on our ovaries at times, so no I wouldn't worry. Do you have a history of ovarian cysts that you're aware of? Besides the weight gain, have you seen any other changes/differences?

Thread Information